The loot you COULD have gotten.

100 Night Elf Warrior
I also agree. So far I have only had it show me the gold bags since I don't run thru bosses I've already done often, but I got DC'd yesterday just b4 the Sha in ToES and I am dreading rerunning all 3 other bosses just to get to him. I really cannot see the value, especially with the loot system in LFR personalized as it is, it feels like they are personally rubbing it in your face, just for doing something that actually helps the system function. We know the loot table, We know what could drop. In this case, ignorance really is bliss.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I've noticed something. Last week, I cleared the LFRs after reset.

Later that day, ran them again with the guild. To help out.

I know I can't get any gear from it, but after killing a boss, a little window popped up that said,

"You are not eligible for the following loot because you have already looted from this boss." Or something along those lines.

And in the box was a picture of a tier token.

Is that really necessary? They couldn't just not have anything happen after you kill the boss? I like running LFR when I'm bored with pals. But now, I don't want to, because it's a sad moment when Blizzard says, "Hey, we were going to give you this. BUT. You already looted from the boss this week. So we'll just keep it. Thought we'd let you know though."

Please. Take this out.

Friends ask me to run LFR with them, and I have to say, "No, I don't really feel like running on a treadmill while Blizzard dangles a metaphorical Twinkie in front of my eyes."

It just seems a bit redundant.

Your frustration is completely justified, Xeylas. This was not meant to happen and we fixed the issue with Patch 5.1.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
11/30/2012 04:57 PMPosted by Jessebella
That is hilariously, soul crushingly cruel.

It's the bittersweet lesson that you may not get all the things you want. It's the mega jackpot symbols lining up Above the pay-line. It's pitching forward for the finish line but the girl next to you had a bigger nose. It's the human condition that faces these failures, falls down then pick themselves up and go on.

This is the plane wreck that you walked away from. This is the broken heart that finds new love. This is Life.

/rah rah

But hey, it's just friggin loot in a video game. Get a grip.

Blue post while I was rambling! Okay, nevermind, it's just a booboo.
Edited by Vixie on 11/30/2012 6:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
11/30/2012 05:52 PMPosted by Wasabisauce
Stop.

Being awesome?

Don't feel like it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Next week it will add

"Thanks for your $15 lololoololol"
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
11/30/2012 04:53 PMPosted by Xeyla
Is that really necessary? They couldn't just not have anything happen after you kill the boss? I like running LFR when I'm bored with pals. But now, I don't want to, because it's a sad moment when Blizzard says, "Hey, we were going to give you this. BUT. You already looted from the boss this week. So we'll just keep it. Thought we'd let you know though."

How is this any different from running LFR Dragon Soul and seeing 4 items with red circles over them after a boss died?
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
11/30/2012 06:05 PMPosted by Hyjinx

How is this any different from running LFR Dragon Soul and seeing 4 items with red circles over them after a boss died?

You had to win the roll for the DS stuff anyway. The new LFR system is yours alone, no one else can win it against you. There's a difference between something you probably wouldn't' have won anyway, and something you definitely would have received.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Your frustration is completely justified, Xeyla. This was not meant to happen and we fixed the issue with Patch 5.1.

Ah! I did not know this!

I wasn't sure if it was something that people were commonly noticing. Thank you for your response!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
11/30/2012 06:06 PMPosted by Wasabisauce
Just know that you're number two.

/fist pump
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
You think thats annoying? how about the same window appearing with the tier and you havent looted that week yet
Reply Quote
66 Draenei Priest
it is true, that is kinda cruel (i do not think they meant to be) and i think they should take that part out.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
It's too bad that there isn't an annoying game show announcers voice, loudly saying:

"Let's Show Her What She Could Have Won, Bob!"

"Well, Xeyla... if this had been your first LFR this week..."

Edit: for the usual spelling mistakes.
Edited by Honey on 11/30/2012 6:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Monk
We're all missing the bigger issue here!

Where's Blizzard still getting twinkies!?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Wow, that's bad. Totally agree OP.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]