The loot you COULD have gotten.

We're all missing the bigger issue here!

Where's Blizzard still getting twinkies!?

TWINKIES!?!? I want some of Blizzards twinkies!!!
time for the usual arguments... I pay $15.00 a month, I do dailys so I should get something for it, I dedicate my time... what was I rambling about? oh yeah, TTWWIINNKKIIEESS!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Why not occasionally give you a blue drop when you don't get loot or as in this instance when you would have got loot?

Soften the blow a bit without breaking the mechanics of the game.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
11/30/2012 05:59 PMPosted by Crithto
Your frustration is completely justified, Xeylas. This was not meant to happen and we fixed the issue with Patch 5.1.

You fixed it so well, several of my friends are getting no loot on bosses they haven't killed this week. One on the 4th LFR. It said he had completed it but he was sure he hadn't. The other on the Sha. He was asking me every day to let him know if any groups were looking for people and I never found him one when he wasn't busy. When he finally did it Saturday, he got nothing, no loot window nothing. I thought you fixed this one before 5.1 in a hot fix?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ouch. I like that you can still earn some VP for completing an LFR wing, as well as keep earning the Sigils if you need them for the legendary on boss completions after the first for the current week, but I'd agree that being shown a tier token that you can't have is rough.

Personally, I think offering the bag of gold drop on all subsequent boss drops in an LFR run per week would be sensible, and on the first roll attempt per boss, if you don't win gear or a token, you ought to get some VP and/or JP. It stings a bit when you drop a bunch of bosses in LFR and don't see anything but gold, but that eases a bit if you get points that still count towards gear progression. You used to get 250VP for completing each wing of DS in T13, whereas you only get 90VP on the first run and 45 each successive one.

If you had the opportunity to get, say, 1-15VP per boss at random in the bag (perhaps with less or instead of gold) on the first kill of each boss per week (in addition to the small chance you get at mount / pet drops, etc), you'd still get some currency towards progression or upgrades, while encouraging folks to down each raid once a week, though they can keep running for that 45 VP if they want to.

Alternatively, since there are plenty of other sources of gold in the game, I'd prefer being able to keep looting on an LFR boss until you win a drop from them that week, and THEN you're locked out of loot until next week (and give up getting gold drops). That would keep some incentive to keep running if you really want to, and allow LFR gearing to go a bit quicker; when you move up to normal / heroics, the current rules then apply for raid lockouts, so gearing is slower at that point, but you're likely in a more cohesive group that hands out loot more democratically.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
You all need to unplug for a week or two if missed LFR loot is causing you heartache. Seriously.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I've noticed something. Last week, I cleared the LFRs after reset.

Later that day, ran them again with the guild. To help out.

I know I can't get any gear from it, but after killing a boss, a little window popped up that said,

"You are not eligible for the following loot because you have already looted from this boss." Or something along those lines.

And in the box was a picture of a tier token.

Is that really necessary? They couldn't just not have anything happen after you kill the boss? I like running LFR when I'm bored with pals. But now, I don't want to, because it's a sad moment when Blizzard says, "Hey, we were going to give you this. BUT. You already looted from the boss this week. So we'll just keep it. Thought we'd let you know though."

Please. Take this out.

Friends ask me to run LFR with them, and I have to say, "No, I don't really feel like running on a treadmill while Blizzard dangles a metaphorical Twinkie in front of my eyes."

It just seems a bit redundant.

In all honesty your thread made me laugh a little bit. I guess it's true when people say that misery likes company. Anyways, it's good to know now, you won't get that message again.
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 06:03 PMPosted by Jessebella
Stop.

Being awesome?

Don't feel like it.

Hammer time!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Totally agree i stopped re-running LFR for the exact same reason. Metaphorical "Twinkies" i love it
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
they compensated you somehow probably right?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin

I know I can't get any gear from it, but after killing a boss, a little window popped up that said,

"You are not eligible for the following loot because you have already looted from this boss." Or something along those lines.

Is that really necessary? They couldn't just not have anything happen after you kill the boss? I like running LFR when I'm bored with pals. But now, I don't want to, because it's a sad moment when Blizzard says, "Hey, we were going to give you this. BUT. You already looted from the boss this week. So we'll just keep it. Thought we'd let you know though."

Please. Take this out.

Friends ask me to run LFR with them, and I have to say, "No, I don't really feel like running on a treadmill while Blizzard dangles a metaphorical Twinkie in front of my eyes."

Your frustration is completely justified, Xeylas. This was not meant to happen and we fixed the issue with Patch 5.1.

same thing happened to me when the second half to MSV came out BUT i was locked for 2 weeks on one boss(ran it monday night b4 resets) come tuesday that one boss(elagon) i was still locked to and they come with the heres ur starshatter OH WAIT U CANT HAVE IT........ smh
Reply Quote
95 Blood Elf Paladin
11/30/2012 04:57 PMPosted by Jessebella
That is hilariously, soul crushingly cruel.

no idea why they do the "you could have won" window anyways, people can easily check the journal to see the loot table, why not just take it to the extreme and have another window that pops up with the heroic loot table and says "you could have won this if you were in the heroic version"

it's bad design and will likely be removed
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter

Please. Take this out.

Thank you. This happened to me very early on in LFR and I've never ran the same LFR twice in a week since because of it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
I, too, have been a victim to this and as a result, avoided replaying an LFR. It was crushing to see the "you could have won something awesome, but nevermind, you were already here once :'(" pop-up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]