Does Anyone Actually Like SyFy????

89 Worgen Rogue
As a kid I grew up watching Star Gate (SG1). When Atlantis came up, that seemed to take everything to a new level for me. But when I watched SGU... Well... It was a bit of an underwhelming experience that tried re-inventing the wheel for the series.Well it's mostly my opinion. I honestly wouldn't care if SyFy kept showing SGU. It's better then nothing, eh?

Fair enough, i thought it was interesting because ancient tech was rare in the series, and early ancient tech was kind of a cool concept.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
12/01/2012 05:36 AMPosted by Cowbacca
It was cool as Sci-Fi, channel of Firefly reruns, Battlestar Galactica and Stargate SG1. Then it became Syfy, home to !@#$ty homemade movies and ghost hunting shows.

Don't forget wrestling. *shudders*

WWE Smackdown is the only thing I watch on Syfy.
Reply Quote
43 Dwarf Hunter
Syfy is garbage now.

There is hardly any "sci-fi" shows left on the channel and the shows that they do have are mostly garbage.
Reply Quote
2 Undead Monk
*sigh* And there's more ghost reality series to come:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/11/28/syfy-3-ghost-shows/

They already blow a whole day's schedule with all day marathons (when they could be showing a variety of different scifi shows like they used to) of Face Off, Ghost Hunters, Destination Truth. I can just see the whole friggin' week filled with them.
Edited by Monkmac on 12/2/2012 4:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
It seems like the channel lost its steam after Battlestar Galactica ended. They tried to hop on the current reality tv craze. Ghost Hunters is in its what 7th or 8th season now right? The same thing happens every episode. They go to some old place, hear some creaking, piss their pants and call it a day. I don't watch that channel at all anymore. Wrestling and all the reality crap is the opposite of what I want to watch. There's better sci-fi on AMC strangely.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest

you don't need a high budget to make good sciFi. Look at what the British come up with. They have made some excellent Science Fiction series with limited budgets. Just need something that is well written and well acted

Oh there's nothing wrong with low budgets (see the original Star Trek series). In fact, I think bloated budgets are one of the biggest problems in Hollywood today, because creativity comes from limitations. But syfy original movies use those low bugets to write horrible scripts for bad actors. They should hire Joss Whedon to do more Firefly/Serenity as a "syfy original", since he actually knows how to use low budgets to make quality projects. It's a shame to see money go to the pathetic Ed Wood-type of crap that syfy makes instead of something like a Whedon project.
Edited by Cowbacca on 12/3/2012 11:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
92 Tauren Druid
While i guess im the only one that likes Ghost Hunters i agree that they should cut back on the paranormal shows and add more sci-fi shows.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I love SyFy. Btw WoW is a SyFy... DRAENEI ARE ALIENZ!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
12/03/2012 10:04 PMPosted by Barbaro
While i guess im the only one that likes Ghost Hunters i agree that they should cut back on the paranormal shows and add more sci-fi shows.

Or at least make good ones.

I'm a huge paranormal & oddity fanatic, but a lot of the shows about spirits & ghosts now are just... awful. ._.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I'd just like to point out that Fringe, Terra Nova, Dollhouse, & Firefly have all been brought back .......

..... but NOT by SyFy. No, instead they're all on the Science channel, which automatically becomes 10x more of a sci-fi channel than SyFy has been for years.

No, SyFy would rather keep piling on more ghost crap.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
12/03/2012 11:25 AMPosted by Cowbacca
But syfy original movies use those low bugets to write horrible scripts for bad actors.

Megashark vs Giant Octupus -- exhibit A in the "Why SyFy Sucks" trial.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I used to watch Doctor Who, back when they used to show it. However (as a huge WWE fan), I do watch Friday Night Smackdown.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I've not really kept track of Syfy for awhile now, for the most part I watch BBC America when it comes to cable sci-fi(Doctor Who and ST: TNG). I am looking forward to their new Gallactica series, though I'd rather they have continued Caprica.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
"I used to watch Doctor Who, back when they used to show it. However (as a huge WWE fan), I do watch Friday Night Smackdown."

I watch Smackdown. It helps hold my viewership of Syfy. Wrestling shows have left other channels before and I have not watched said channels as much. RAW has a channel track record. RAW was on USA for ages and went to TNN and that became Spike. RAW left Spike and went back to USA(Home for RAW as many fans believe.) So TNA wrestling comes to Spike and now I watch Spike sometimes. I guess I watch where the wrestling goes.

Honestly I haven't watched TNT in about 12 years since WCW went up in smoke. I remember good old Uncle Eric Bischoff had a plan to buy the company but the deal fell through. Then then death came because Vince got a hold of it.

That darn "Invasion" angle. *cringes
Edited by Grumgore on 12/6/2012 4:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
92 Tauren Druid
12/05/2012 07:09 AMPosted by Killercaitie

Or at least make good ones.

I'm a huge paranormal & oddity fanatic, but a lot of the shows about spirits & ghosts now are just... awful. ._.
I'm the same way so I agree with you on that, have watched a lot of the diffrent shows and a lot of them seem not sure how to put it other then they are fakeing what they find or some of the eye witness stories seem so out there. Thats why i like Ghost Hunters cause out of all of them seems the most real when it comes to what they catch on camera and evps.
Reply Quote
88 Pandaren Hunter
Haven is pretty good, and it's on there. Keeps me entertained.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]