how much is too much stamina

90 Night Elf Druid
So I know you need to balance stam and crit and dodge and all the other stats needed for druids but Im curious on a couple things

I notice a lot of ppl go crit heavy, which means more threat, rage, and more control when your dodge spikes as well as a lot of frenzied regens...

Is that better then stamina/dodge loading? And if this is the best way, how much stam is too much?

Feel free to take a look at my stats and give me tips
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
11/30/2012 09:56 PMPosted by Egoor
how much stam is too much?

Anything more than what you get from enchants or whatever gems you need for Meta / Socket Bonuses is pretty much wasted for normals.

The problem with Dodge is that it's entirely worthless on some fights, whereas Rage stats aren't. You shouldn't need Dodge at all until you get to certain Heroics.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
im gearing up for raids atm
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
11/30/2012 10:17 PMPosted by Arielle
how much stam is too much?

Anything more than what you get from enchants or whatever gems you need for Meta / Socket Bonuses is pretty much wasted for normals.

The problem with Dodge is that it's entirely worthless on some fights, whereas Rage stats aren't. You shouldn't need Dodge at all until you get to certain Heroics.

pretty much what Arielle said, ive based my own druids stats based on what she says and it works perfectly fine
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
12/01/2012 01:18 AMPosted by Phaeroh
pretty much what Arielle said, ive based my own druids stats based on what she says and it works perfectly fine
*he

:D
Reply Quote
12/01/2012 01:29 AMPosted by Arielle
*he

:D

my apologies for that, and maybe i should hit you up on boomkin one day, you've probably seen me in trade
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
For non-DKs in normal content, the stamina you get from gear, hybrid gems, and enchants is fine. You don't need to go for stam trinkets or pure stamina gems.

For DKs, stamina is actually a mitigation stat if you get enough of it.
Reply Quote
For non-DKs in normal content, the stamina you get from gear, hybrid gems, and enchants is fine. You don't need to go for stam trinkets or pure stamina gems.

and its the dk who taught me to dk xD (that hunter who was asking a million and one questions in that dungeon)
Reply Quote
12/01/2012 04:27 AMPosted by Phaeroh
and its the dk who taught me to dk xD (that hunter who was asking a million and one questions in that dungeon)

Oh, hey! I remember you! Wow, that was a while back. Caverns of Time, right?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

The amount of stamina you need for it to have an effect on mitigation is absolutely massive.

You're making a huge mistake by gearing for it so heavily.

HUGE.

Especially because no matter how much you could get, it would never come even remotely close to equaling mastery.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Im sure I havent got it right yet....But how does this version of my gems/reforging look?

Im not nearly to the hitcap yet like this, only 10.97% 7.99% exp

32.67% crit

Also 1 other question on darkmoon trinkets... Im inscription so see a lot of cards... woudl an ox deck be worth it or just sell it? its a lot of stamina but nothin else really
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
12/01/2012 10:12 AMPosted by Egoor
Im not nearly to the hitcap yet like this, only 10.97% 7.99% exp
Er. Hit cap is only 7.5%. You're way over it. Expertise cap is 15%, but yeah, not the hit cap.
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Edited by Waniou on 12/1/2012 10:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
lol ya had the 2 confused Ill fix that... in my defense I blame that mistake on my codeine cough syrup lol
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
ok fixed... now Im at 7.74% hit, 9% exp
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
12/01/2012 10:12 AMPosted by Egoor
Also 1 other question on darkmoon trinkets... Im inscription so see a lot of cards... woudl an ox deck be worth it or just sell it? its a lot of stamina but nothin else really
Not really.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
ok Ill sell that card off... havent gotten the agil deck yet but even that Im thinking is better to sell and wait for the raid trinkets that is very good itself

what do you think of my gear setup now arielle? decent?
Reply Quote
12/01/2012 04:42 AMPosted by Krinu

Oh, hey! I remember you! Wow, that was a while back. Caverns of Time, right?
yup CoT XD
Reply Quote
12/01/2012 05:26 AMPosted by Lailala
The amount of stamina you need for it to have an effect on mitigation is absolutely massive.

It actually isn't. I do 10m normal content. I have approximately 730k HP fully raid buffed. I see the minimum shield most of the time.

Stamina is a mitigation stat for me.

You're making a huge mistake by gearing for it so heavily.

You're wrong. If you want the numbers, I've made numerous posts on it in the past - check my post history.

Especially because no matter how much you could get, it would never come even remotely close to equaling mastery.

Right now, for me, stamina is worth about 0.3% less, per point, than mastery for mitigation. That's not counting all the utility and defensive abilities we have the scale with maximum health (rune tap, AMS, bloodworms, conversion, etc.)

Yes, it only works in 10m content. Yes, it's counterintuitive.

But it does work, and it is viable and competitive.
Reply Quote
64 Draenei Death Knight
12/01/2012 06:26 PMPosted by Krinu
Right now, for me, stamina is worth about 0.3% less, per point, than mastery for mitigation. That's not counting all the utility and defensive abilities we have the scale with maximum health (rune tap, AMS, bloodworms, conversion, etc.)

Im curious where you are getting these stat weights from.
Reply Quote
I hit around 710-730k health as well raid buffed, but I would never be derpy enough to think that stamina is a mitigation stat to the point where I would take it over mastery/dodge/parry ever.

How exactly you are seeing the "minimum" shield amount all the time is interesting, maybe taunt and tank the boss so you actually take damage will help.

I'm the MT for my guild and I can assure you, very rarely do I get a minimum shield and when i do, I never get more than one.

Maybe once you get into HoF and Terrace that isn't lfr you'll see what I mean.
Stacking stam past the point where you and your healers are comfortable with is just silly and shows that you know very little about dk tanking.

edit: typo.
Edited by Salloreon on 12/2/2012 5:21 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]