Holy Paladin mana

90 Human Paladin
I finding as a holy Pally I burn through mana killing just a couple of mobs.
It would be so easy to make glyph of harsh words return some mana when used for damage only.

Thanks Dan
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Why do people level as holy? :/
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
12/02/2012 11:55 AMPosted by Aosda
I... I don't know...

I just don't know...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I just like holy mechanic
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

To get holy gear, it is a fun spec, ret is boring, prot is slow, you name it; there are a lot of reasons. I for one have always been holy, I like the way it played untill MoP.(I still prefer it to any other spec)

Mana will be less of a problem with more spirit, but it will always be a problem untill blizzard fixes a few things.

The current favored sujestion is to have seal effect denounce as if it were a melee attack. Doing that would fix a few problems Holy has right now, like mana, and no AoE.

Also use make shure you have BoL on yourself so you can use harsh words more often.
Selfless healer helps with mana conservation also. Hope this helps.

The ability to do damage as Holy is a lot more complacated than somepeople realize.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I leveled as holy..... It was fun.... BRB meds....
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

The ability to do damage as Holy is a lot more complacated than somepeople realize.
Barely.

Ret's more complicated and more effective for dailies. I don't enjoy it, but I'm not so masochistic as to stick with Holy when I need to actually hurt something.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

They spam dungeon finder?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
There is no complexity to doing damage as holy, you use whatever your level 90 talent is on cd, you use holy shock on cd, and you spam denounce. At under 20% you throw in hammer on cd. Judgement should never be used.

Now if you're in a dungeon and nobody is dying this is a good way to pass the time, and if you're feeling like you want to take 5x as long to do your dailies this is a good way to do that. At no po
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/02/2012 03:04 PMPosted by Zerix
To get holy gear, it is a fun spec, ret is boring, prot is slow, you name it; there are a lot of reasons. I for one have always been holy, I like the way it played untill MoP.(I still prefer it to any other spec)

Buy Ret gear from the vendors to quest in, turn your quests in for Holy gear to prepare for whatever you intend to do when you're done questing. There's no good reason to quest-level Holy, save a desire to make things harder on yourself. And Ret is one of the trickier rotations and builds to get down. None of our cooldowns line up, you need to utilize two different resources simultaneously, and carefully delegate what of those resources go toward healing and what go toward DPS. If you're finding it boring, the only explanation I can see is "ur doeng it rong"
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Don't forget to bring your pocket dps, and you can level as holy just fine :D
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm enjoying the hell out of holy so far. I've been pvping and healing dungeons. This also might be the result of me wearing clothie looms but meh I like it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Leveling as Holy is completely pointless and over the top time consuming. The gear you collect as questing is trash, if you want to play as Holy at level 90 all you have to do is level up as Ret, just get the Ret rewards as you go.

Once you ding 90 buy an entire set of Contender's Holy Gear + do the Arena encounter for the weapon and buy the healing shield.

Bam, you're Heroic ready in like 10 minutes.

Seriously folks, let's put our tongues back in our mouths and play smart.

A good way to hate this class really really quickly is to do any solo PvE as Holy.

JESUS.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
The only reason holy is "slow" at dailys is because someone at blizzard thought it would be a good I dea to take away holys AoE damage. Other than that It isn't bad.
I have zero peices of ret/prot gear. I level as holy, and i don't even use raid/dungeon finder, and yea it may be harder(again because of no AoE) but at the same time I don't have to swap out of my gear every time I want to turn in a quest. That is after all how MoP was designed to be played.(in the spec you want) As soon as blizzard fixes the few problems Holy has than it will be much better.

To do damage as holy requires an entirely different mindset than that of a healer, or a melee class. Knowing how to use, and when to use your spells is key.
Judgment is used for 2 reasons;
1: Free heals, you are going to take damage.
2: To keep censure up, the dot damage is worth the gcd on long fights(2m+ hp)

Also gear; for healing mastary may be king, but for dmaage it is a wasted stat. Reforging/gearing out of it helps for leveling but you will need to have a second set, or spend a lot of money reforging back for healing.
These are just tips, and may help you.

12/04/2012 10:24 AMPosted by Roahin
you need to utilize two different resources simultaneously, and carefully delegate what of those resources go toward healing and what go toward DPS

The choices holy has to make are the same as ret when it comes to spending resources, (ie. healing or damage) but like any spec doing it right is not the same as just doing it.

Holy isn't a DPS spec, isn't likely to ever become a DPS spec, so it won't ever be as fast as a DPS spec. And the only reason that it is "bad" at leveling is blizzard messed up, and took away holys AoE. (something thay always had, and ecery spec needs)

Holy is harder than it needs to be to level, something that a lot of us hope will be fixed rather soon.

PS. I find watching my cooldowns boring, which ret sounds like it needs to do.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
The only reason holy is "slow" at dailys is because someone at blizzard thought it would be a good I dea to take away holys AoE damage. Other than that It isn't bad.
I have zero peices of ret/prot gear. I level as holy, and i don't even use raid/dungeon finder, and yea it may be harder(again because of no AoE) but at the same time I don't have to swap out of my gear every time I want to turn in a quest. That is after all how MoP was designed to be played.(in the spec you want) As soon as blizzard fixes the few problems Holy has than it will be much better.

To do damage as holy requires an entirely different mindset than that of a healer, or a melee class. Knowing how to use, and when to use your spells is key.
Judgment is used for 2 reasons;
1: Free heals, you are going to take damage.
2: To keep censure up, the dot damage is worth the gcd on long fights(2m+ hp)

Also gear; for healing mastary may be king, but for dmaage it is a wasted stat. Reforging/gearing out of it helps for leveling but you will need to have a second set, or spend a lot of money reforging back for healing.
These are just tips, and may help you.

you need to utilize two different resources simultaneously, and carefully delegate what of those resources go toward healing and what go toward DPS

The choices holy has to make are the same as ret when it comes to spending resources, (ie. healing or damage) but like any spec doing it right is not the same as just doing it.

Holy isn't a DPS spec, isn't likely to ever become a DPS spec, so it won't ever be as fast as a DPS spec. And the only reason that it is "bad" at leveling is blizzard messed up, and took away holys AoE. (something thay always had, and ecery spec needs)

Holy is harder than it needs to be to level, something that a lot of us hope will be fixed rather soon.

PS. I find watching my cooldowns boring, which ret sounds like it needs to do.

TLDR: Leveling as Holy is counterproductive, even if you enjoy it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Many people would prefer to solo/quest in their "primary healing spec", even with the lower overall DPS, if that spec design was actually original, synergistic, creative and fun-to-play (as opposed to a pure, lame afterthought patchwork).

Unfortunately, Blizzard fails totally in this regard, across every primary healing spec, for every class. This creativity failure is further compounded for Paladins and some other classes, in that even if you want to play another spec, you might need totally different gear to do it. /facepalm

This might offend some spreadsheet players, but some people actually want to play specs they like and have fun with. Otherwise, why play the game in the first place? Why should a Holy Paladin player be forced to play another spec they may hate for half the game (dailies, leveling, etc.), because the developers have failed to fully develop a spec to function in all venues of the game, in an entertaining manner?
Edited by Kismet on 12/4/2012 3:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
12/04/2012 02:59 PMPosted by Kismet
This might offend some spreadsheet players, but some people actually want to play specs they like and have fun with. Otherwise, why play the game in the first place? Why should a Holy Paladin player be forced to play another spec they may hate for half the game (dailies, leveling, etc.), because the developers have failed to fully develop a spec to function in all venues of the game, in an entertaining manner?

Can't agree with you more.

12/04/2012 02:40 PMPosted by Stinkybum
. Its the retarded amount of mana we use that needs to be fixed.

I have to agree on this too. Holy use to have talents to reduce the amount of mana needed for a few of the damage spells. (exeo, and conc)
Reply Quote
Good grief, quit telling us how to level our toons. If I want to level holy because I think the Ret playstyle is as interesting as watching paint dry then that's my choice. I hate playing melee DPS period.

I know it's going to take longer to quest, level, etc in holy spec but at least I'm playing a style I enjoy. If you don't like it then play your style but quit telling us we are doing something wrong.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]