Dang kids get off my farm!

90 Tauren Death Knight
12/02/2012 06:43 PMPosted by Brennvin
a way to have your friends around (NPCs you’ve gained rep with)

Those aren't friends just users that deserve to be planted. If you know what i mean
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Troll Priest
I'd love to see the dog chase away the virmen/birds. :)
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock

There are some changes we’re hoping to implement in Patch 5.2 regarding Sunsong Ranch. Things we’re considering are ways to lure birds away, creating a resting zone, and perhaps a way to have your friends around (NPCs you’ve gained rep with) giving you tasks to do to gain nice perks. Nothing is guaranteed but those are just some of possibilities currently on the table.

Hammock, please
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The Lost dog should help us chase away the virmen. He's chasing them for something like 1 min or 2 (so a 1/2 min cooldown)

But for me the most annoying thing are the tentacles. Maybe add an item that we can buy that will put a manga girl in the tentacles instead of us, a manga decoy or something.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
12/02/2012 12:57 PMPosted by Kienn
Some rotten kids snuck onto my farm recently and messed up my sprinklers. Now instead of giving sweet rain to all my crops they just flood the ground nearby. How do I set up some cameras to catch these vandals?
Cameras?
How come I can't buy some razor wire fencing & rabid guard dogs?
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warrior
There are some changes we’re hoping to implement in Patch 5.2 regarding Sunsong Ranch. Things we’re considering are ways to lure birds away, creating a resting zone, and perhaps a way to have your friends around (NPCs you’ve gained rep with) giving you tasks to do to gain nice perks. Nothing is guaranteed but those are just some of possibilities currently on the table.

Can I have a pool, with a spa on the side
A waterslide into the pool
A stripper pole (for tying my washing line to, obviously) that needs special... lights... for drying clothes....
and a swim up bar manned by Haris Pilton in the aforementioned pool.

Cheers
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

...and a swim up bar manned by Haris Pilton in the aforementioned pool.

Paris Hilton certainly would scare those birds away. OH Haris Pilton, never mind.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

could we add that?

Adding something that would let us ... park 1 or 2 of our Pets at the farm to wander around like the nameless Dog dose. Tiny bit of personalization sort of thing

And making our chickens friendly again so they aren't constantly dead or dying? That would be super.
Reply Quote

could we add that?

Adding something that would let us ... park 1 or 2 of our Pets at the farm to wander around like the nameless Dog dose. Tiny bit of personalization sort of thing

Why can't I go Caddyshack on the virmen that squat on my farm when I'm tending to my field? Seriously, I'm an engineer; can't I just make a bomb and drop into the plot to chase them off? I would like being able to chase off the birds without having to fight them, too.

Weed killer for the tangled/smothered/wild crops would be another nice thing to get.
Edited by Aoir on 12/2/2012 8:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Also, as I've suggested before, the master plow should kill virmen in occupied soil and stubborn weeds in untilled soil. No form of untilled soil should be safe from master plow. After all, we put in the time to rep up and master plow was billed as this big time saver. It barely is.
Reply Quote
Enchanted Broom? Shoo them away without any effort!

I need one of those irl.
Reply Quote
12/02/2012 08:37 PMPosted by Vacant
Also, as I've suggested before, the master plow should kill virmen in occupied soil and stubborn weeds in untilled soil. No form of untilled soil should be safe from master plow. After all, we put in the time to rep up and master plow was billed as this big time saver. It barely is.
Have you ever bought anything in real life that didn't do as advertised? That's what this expansion is like. So many parallels.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I'd love to see the seed selection become a nifty mechanic. The mage stopping by with portal seeds was a good start. What if a variety of other seeds were added to the game - rare zone drops that, when grown, offer unique toys/pets/vendor items. They can even be in old-world zones, though it might annoy lowbies to have to wait 60 levels to use them. Still, there are a lot of possibilities... plants that provide:

-Any of the 8 main buffs, either on-use or on-harvest.
-A dryad youngling who hangs out near your farm and waters plants for you! I wanna adopt a little Mylune!
-A plant-themed mount? One of the few obvious types we seem to still be lacking.
-More pets, obviously. There must be a few nature-themed models still to be grown. Maybe Gnomeregan should have a zone-drop cogwheel seed that grows a mechanical plant.
- Little toys or decorative items for the farm. Maybe make the existing trees a little more permanent too, so we can landscape to our hearts' content?
-Gray vendor items with flavorful text, like "Book of Green Fire: The pages are blank..."
-PvP-drop seeds from looting (or just award-on-kill because looting in pvp is annoying) players and mobs in Alterac valley that grant small amounts of honor when harvested.
-Raid-drop seeds with which a raid leader might grow Blood Spirits and the like.

In short, I don't want the farm thing to die off immediately. Cooking mats and profession mats in tiny quantities have lost a fair bit of their appeal as they lost economic value. I still grow songbells, but I'm really not sure why after my fifth tailoring bag. The potential to keep the farm relevant, even if only for "fun", exists in the expansion of seed types and sources. It could even last into future expansions if a new 'tier' of the standard seeds came out too.
Edited by Shinijumi on 12/2/2012 9:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
35 Worgen Hunter
While we are busy putting concertina wire around the perimeter of the farm, installing Gnomish surveillance devices of dubious quality, and retraining the drunk to do security patrols, Blizz should give our new bff NPC's something to do so I don't have to pull weeds!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Sounds cool, looking forward to it. Mabe make the dog, and cat help get rid of vermen also.
Mabe even make the big lizard do something also, not to sure what.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
12/02/2012 02:58 PMPosted by Pryde
Kids these days...

Those little rascals!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman

I'd like the ability to have my own pet on my farm and give him a name. :D
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock

could we add that?

Are there plans are releasing the full patch notes in 5.2? I don't know if you're aware but the nerf to grimiore of sacrifice is not covered in the patch notes affecting chaos bolt, giving it a dot that clips when you cast one after another.
Reply Quote
92 Gnome Death Knight

How about a permanent version of Weed-B-Gone (more junk for our bags, cheer!), to rid our crops of at least 'Wild' weeds. perhaps also Smothered and Tangled.

I find the wild debuff the most tedious.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
How about being able to see your party members on ones farm? That would be a plus
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]