Dang kids get off my farm!

90 Gnome Mage

There are some changes we’re hoping to implement in Patch 5.2 regarding Sunsong Ranch. Things we’re considering are ways to lure birds away, creating a resting zone, and perhaps a way to have your friends around (NPCs you’ve gained rep with) giving you tasks to do to gain nice perks. Nothing is guaranteed but those are just some of possibilities currently on the table.

I would like to see Dog chase rodents away in the disturbed soil.

The scarecrow should be keeping the birds away, so maybe offer an upgrade to that?

Would be nice to see a way to buy some fertilizer to get more yield out of the crops.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
12/02/2012 12:57 PMPosted by Kienn
Some rotten kids snuck onto my farm recently and messed up my sprinklers. Now instead of giving sweet rain to all my crops they just flood the ground nearby. How do I set up some cameras to catch these vandals?

An Engineering Spy Bot would be perfect for this. Or being able to train dog to sick 'em. Farmer Yoon spends too much time hanging out with Jogu and not enough time watching the crops!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
12/02/2012 11:29 PMPosted by Këël
How about being able to see your party members on ones farm? That would be a plus

I'd love it, while far from perfect it represents a crude form of player housing to me. Hate me if ya want but I love games with that.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

could we add that?

Adding something that would let us ... park 1 or 2 of our Pets at the farm to wander around like the nameless Dog dose. Tiny bit of personalization sort of thing

There are some changes we’re hoping to implement in Patch 5.2 regarding Sunsong Ranch. Things we’re considering are ways to lure birds away, creating a resting zone, and perhaps a way to have your friends around (NPCs you’ve gained rep with) giving you tasks to do to gain nice perks. Nothing is guaranteed but those are just some of possibilities currently on the table.

Just being able to log out without the 20-second wait would be nice, thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue

How about letting us set our hearthstone to our farm? Or just get rested XP/be able to log out without waiting, when we're in "our" house?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
12/03/2012 01:27 AMPosted by Azreluna
Things we’re considering are ways to lure birds away

I would've thought having the dog there would've done the trick and taken care of those pesky vermin ;P
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Zen
Dear Greatfather Winter,

Really would love account bound veggie storage.

Will be happy to do it for a modest fee, (say 2k gold to Farmer Haohan) a series of quest chains to install a barn, and of course, Best Friend status with everyone.

I moved Jogu from his nasty pond to his new, clean one, but there are pigs in there, now.
Can we get him a nice pool, with his own still? I took on Jogu to my farm because he is a homeless drunk, but, I'd like to get him to where he can still be a drunk, but with a Jinyu roof over his head. I'll gather, quest, pay for whatever it takes to get him a nice place.

And a dog house.

Thanks,
Xavinus

PS:
Please.

Need. Veggie.Storage.

Posted by Azreluna
Things we’re considering are ways to lure birds away

I would've thought having the dog there would've done the trick and taken care of those pesky vermin ;P

So, what's the Scarecrow for?
Edited by Xavinus on 12/3/2012 3:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
12/02/2012 08:45 PMPosted by Marilly
Also, as I've suggested before, the master plow should kill virmen in occupied soil and stubborn weeds in untilled soil. No form of untilled soil should be safe from master plow. After all, we put in the time to rep up and master plow was billed as this big time saver. It barely is.
Have you ever bought anything in real life that didn't do as advertised? That's what this expansion is like. So many parallels.

Farming itself in the game is like real life too. It certainly makes me appreciate actual farm workers and the work they have to do just to feed themselves and the rest of us.

I actually look forward to farming every evening, since it makes me money.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior

How about letting us set our hearthstone to our farm? Or just get rested XP/be able to log out without waiting, when we're in "our" house?

BINGO!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Well the quartermaster for the tillers sells an item a scarecrow that has absolutely no effect on any critters in the farm, every other item seems to have a use.

Why doesn't the scarecrow that you purchase actually scare critters/birds away when you drop it?

I don't mind weeding the farm but the critters/birds don't drop loot and seem to spawn like crazy some days at least have them each drop a mote. (I have had 12 of them infest the farm at one point.)

Also the water pressure should be turned back up looked more effective before, make it reach the far side of the patches.
Edited by Greenstone on 12/3/2012 4:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I have a sign on my farm: FREE BUNNIES AND BIRDIES. I keep hoping that kids will come and take them but they don't. I have to fight them everyday.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Crepe

MVP

12/02/2012 06:43 PMPosted by Brennvin

Root cellar.

Please.

YES YES YES root cellar please AND make your home a rest spot.

I do think that if you buy a scarecrow, that could add a gear to the oen on the farm to scare away the "allured" bird. Now.. about rigging up a shotgun for the varmint.

Crepe

Drenden

Crepe

MVP

90 Gnome Warrior

Insurrection

12/02/2012 06:43 PMPosted by BrennvinThere are some changes we’re hoping to implement in Patch 5.2 regarding Sunsong Ranch. Things we’re considering are ways to lure birds away, creating a resting zone, and perhaps a way to have your friends around (NPCs you’ve gained rep with) giving you tasks to do to gain nice perks. Nothing is guaranteed but those are just some of possibilities currently on the table.Root cellar.Please.[/quote]
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

Not gonna lie. That's kinda awesome. I'd love to see NPCs from different factions too that you're exalted with doing that too: "Cylarana, the Lorewalkers are in need of...something...for our inks. Could you grow some of XYZ?" with rewards of money or vanity stuff.

And if you could find a way to let me "turn loose" my extra companion pets on the farm, just to have them wandering around...that would be beyond awesome. I could be a crazy cat elf.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Please add a hearthstone...because without it that house is pointless...

Remember....a hearthstone is what turns a house into a HOME.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

could we add that?

Adding something that would let us ... park 1 or 2 of our Pets at the farm to wander around like the nameless Dog dose. Tiny bit of personalization sort of thing

Could you guys look into making the scarecrow actually scare pests away from the farm. Maybe enable us to turn some of those livestock into cooking mats :)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
The anti gravity sprinklers were stupid. Glad they fixed them to look more like a real irrigation system.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
How about a way to farm fish in the pool or raise animals that produce alot of meat for farming cooking mats?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Maybe just make the pandaren scarecrow you can already purchase with rep actually chase away the birds while it's down? Seems a logical way to implement that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Clockwork gnome FTW.
Who needs a real gnome tied to a tree?
Reply Quote
71 Blood Elf Mage

Woohoo!! The possibility of more daily quests, reps to grind! So exciting!!! NOT!!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]