Dang kids get off my farm!

90 Human Warrior

could we add that?

Adding something that would let us ... park 1 or 2 of our Pets at the farm to wander around like the nameless Dog dose. Tiny bit of personalization sort of thing

There are some changes we’re hoping to implement in Patch 5.2 regarding Sunsong Ranch. Things we’re considering are ways to lure birds away, creating a resting zone, and perhaps a way to have your friends around (NPCs you’ve gained rep with) giving you tasks to do to gain nice perks. Nothing is guaranteed but those are just some of possibilities currently on the table.

Sounds good.

While you're at it, can you make an Actual "Dog" model that's not a mastiff. It's getting old seeing wolves labeled "Dog". So many things could be done with it! (Pets, Hunter Pets, NPCs.)

Also it's weird that human hunters start out with wolves... And orcs with pigs... just saying.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
SKP

There are some changes we’re hoping to implement in Patch 5.2 regarding Sunsong Ranch. Things we’re considering are ways to lure birds away, creating a resting zone, and perhaps a way to have your friends around (NPCs you’ve gained rep with) giving you tasks to do to gain nice perks. Nothing is guaranteed but those are just some of possibilities currently on the table.

I'd like to feed my animals !

Also, gain some produce from the chickens, and have the scarecrow actually scare... crows.
I could make this a wishlist but it would only serve to make devs grumpy (as usual) with the many things I'd like to see on my farm. My home on the farm isn't a home. The 'monsanto style' seed buying really doesn't fit well either, being that what I harvest SHOULD have seeds... But then we'd start talking about seed banks and eating up that precious data storage that our 16 slot backpacks seem to remind us of.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
12/02/2012 01:00 PMPosted by Hysar
Find a gnome. Tie him to a tree and let him be. The incessant talking should scare off any intruders.

Actually I find that a Troll on a stick, works so much better. Those ugly mugs can scare anything away, even those pesky undead warlocks....
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
How safe are goblin land mines? I was looking into improving my farm's security.
Reply Quote
24 Night Elf Priest
[quote]

Hmm. I like this. I was hoping the dog would chase off virmin or something. Sad that he didn't do that.

It would be funny to have a virmin pop up from the soil, hear a loud bark, a loud virmin "YEEOOW!" and a chase take place to the horizon.
Edited by Madia on 12/3/2012 7:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Root cellar idea would be pretty interesting - might there be a way to craft food buffs and keep them in a cellar to perhaps increase their potency for a bit, or perhaps add some other benefit to them? Maybe open up some options for brewing items where cooks could use a daily or weekly c/d to brew up extra-potent items? Maybe allow putting potions or flasks in a root cellar, apply a c/d to them and hold them in a root cellar for some time to give them a bonus?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

Why can't I go Caddyshack on the virmen that squat on my farm when I'm tending to my field? Seriously, I'm an engineer; can't I just make a bomb and drop into the plot to chase them off? I would like being able to chase off the birds without having to fight them, too.

Weed killer for the tangled/smothered/wild crops would be another nice thing to get.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/media/comics/?keywords=&view#/comic-2012-08-03

It will take care of the weeds, but as for your crops...
Edited by Ewing on 12/3/2012 8:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
12 Blood Elf Priest
How about a garden weasel? No, not those ridiculous "As Seen on TV" tool things: an adorable little rodent that picks up the "tangled" vine and runs away with it. Please? It would be so epic.

Also +1 to the scarecrow that actually works and the dog chasing vermin. Or being nameable. Or noticing that you exist. Maybe he could even be happy to see you, if the programmers are feeling frisky.
Reply Quote
Root cellar.

Please.

This, definitely. And pretty please with sugar on it, or planter's punch. Whatever your heart desires.
Reply Quote
22 Gnome Warrior
I applaud Blizzard's foray into a REAL persistent universe, even if I am the only one who can see it. In an expansion with a lot of hilites, this is the hilitiest, IMO.

My suggestion: make the various trees one can plant actually grow over time on the farm. The first time I got a tree seed I planted it and liked it so much I never harvested it. Next up: have it blossom and drop petals I can gather for some vanity use.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

could we add that?

Adding something that would let us ... park 1 or 2 of our Pets at the farm to wander around like the nameless Dog dose. Tiny bit of personalization sort of thing

Sunsong Ranch is one of the best things ever happened to WoW. I'm glad to know you're upgrading it. Thank you!!
Reply Quote
19 Gnome Rogue
Rock salt and a 12 gauge.
Edited by Drtickles on 12/3/2012 9:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I say we should lay a trap! Lol
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
You know what would be great?

Being able to set my hearth/log out at my farm. Once I hit exalted and finished leveling my cooking professions, I never really go back. Vegetables don't sell for much on my realm, and since I don't need much food for myself, my farm has been mostly abandoned. Having some reasons to go back there other than planting/farming vegetables (which can be tedious and uninteresting) would be great. It's a quick flight to the Shrines from Half Hill, and it would feel more like home if I could set my hearth there, get my mail, etc.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
12/02/2012 06:46 PMPosted by Crepe

Nice to see that the devs are not wasting time messing around with such things as farmville and are instead focusing on the more important issue in the game.....
Reply Quote
19 Undead Hunter

Root cellar.

Please.

what i've been thinking all along, the amount of food one has to inventory is ridiculous!!!
we have a house but no pantry, varmint frig, or 'root cellar'

and when i first saw the scarecrow in the rep items, i thought, " Finally! something to take care of those pesty birds! " but No!

do those 2 and give me a good ol' gopher trap n we good! :D
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'd really like to see some music in the Sunsong Ranch house. Russell Brower & Co. have written and produced far too much awesome music for this expansion for there to be silence when I walk in :-)
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Enchanted Broom? Shoo them away without any effort!

This is actually a really good idea IMO.

It would also add a relevancy for some older content too and help get more folks out in different parts of the world perhaps.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
+1 for the dog becoming useful. When I saw you were able to get a dog I was hopeful that he would protect the crops from vermin. I was saddened to see the dog not do anything but wander. Would be pretty cool if there was a quest line to train your dog to guard against vermin. Maybe a hunter comes along and sees that your dog isn't helpful and offers to help train him in return for a task he needs completed.

Would also be great to have a scarecrow that actually fended off the birds too. Perhaps you could do a quest line that upgraded your scarecrow to do just that. One that is more menacing or some such thing.

12/03/2012 09:49 AMPosted by Rainmkr
Nice to see that the devs are not wasting time messing around with such things as farmville and are instead focusing on the more important issue in the game.....

If you want to see a change, try constructive criticism. These type of posts do nothing to further the discussion here. Rest assured if there are any major issues, the devs are working to get them sorted out. That doesn't mean they can't work on anything else, they have many different departments within Blizzard that are all tasked with different jobs. The same people that are working on Sunsong Ranch are likely not working on the "issues" you are referencing. However, no one could know that for sure because you have not cited the "important issue". Make another thread (or find a thread already created for the issue you are concerned with) and make a constructive post about why you feel it is an issue, and what you feel may correct it. The devs listen to the players whether you get a response or not, however, you still have to present your issues in a productive manner.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]