Dang kids get off my farm!

100 Blood Elf Mage
Root cellar.

Please.

/signed
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Priest
Enchanted Broom? Shoo them away without any effort!

I need one of those irl.
I got a Roomba. It's close to being just as good.

I like the idea of the dog chasing off the virmen and having a root cellar to store the veggies!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Sunsong Ranch is pretty much the first step towards Player Housing. Keep rolling with it. It's an awesome implementation.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
12/03/2012 11:40 AMPosted by Kasumi
Sunsong Ranch is pretty much the first step towards Player Housing. Keep rolling with it. It's an awesome implementation.

My 7 alts hardly ever leave that place (they live in the Inn) and I log out in the little house on my farm already. I wish the portal shards we can grow now is account bound - then the alts can get out sometimes.

The farm is the best new feature in Mists.

ps. Thanks for changing the gift doodads at exalted to random seeds. Very nice change.
pps. The hamsters in the dirt are still annoying but the birds are worser. Make the birds drop some wildfowl meat and it'll be tolerable. The virmen should be eaten by the cat, imo. =)
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I actually don't mind the virmen and birds when there's a bunch of them. I round them all up at once and have an AOE fest. It's the tall weed's where I need to spam 111111-2,111111-2 that I'm not too fond of.

I do think it would have worked in better with the farm theme that when we brought the dog to our farm that he did something in regards to the virmen. Would have made sense.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Enchanted Broom? Shoo them away without any effort!

Must be what you're doing to all the feedback on the forums.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
I would love to be able to leave my little raptor at the ranch, and for him to get minor amount of xp while he kills / chases off all the vermin. Heck, make it a two slot and have a breeding system.

Root cellar. Yes.

And if your a hunter have the ability to get a hitching post for stable access, and for Mage a anchor point for portals, letting them teleport to their ranch.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
12/02/2012 06:43 PMPosted by Brennvin
There are some changes we’re hoping to implement in Patch 5.2 regarding Sunsong Ranch. Things we’re considering are ways to lure birds away, creating a resting zone, and perhaps a way to have your friends around (NPCs you’ve gained rep with) giving you tasks to do to gain nice perks. Nothing is guaranteed but those are just some of possibilities currently on the table.

How about a fishing pond, where we can chum the waters and get a school of fish we want/need? Dunno if that current pool is deep enough. Pfft.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I would love to see the dog and the cat assist on the bird and virmen. They don't have to do any actual damage it would just be cool to see them attacking. It would make it feel like they were doing their part on the farm ;).
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I was hoping that, when I got to be BFFs with all the Tillers, they would make my farm into a place I could really live (that is, a resting place) - I was kind of disappointed when this didn't happen, but I'd be all kinds of excited if it got added.
Hearth to farm - yes, please!

Also, account-wide food storage on the farm.
Even though being the food bank does give my abandoned shaman a reason to go on living and feeling important... it would be a much cleaner emotional break all around (not to mention more convenient) to have a place where everyone could drop the food they collected, for use by whoever I'm leveling cooking with at that moment.

(I'd love something that actually prevented virmen and birds from showing up, either when I planted a crop or as occupied soil, but somehow I feel that this is one of those annoyances that is here to stay.)
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
I would very much prefer that the hogs weren't polluting my nice pond, can they have their own spot on the other side of my house? It's not healthy for Jogu at all.

I would like a chair to sit on in my furnished abode or a pillow or something too.

ROOT CELLAR please, account wide would be totally awesome.

Hearth there?? :D
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
12/03/2012 01:23 PMPosted by Vasala
I would love to see the dog and the cat assist on the bird and virmen. They don't have to do any actual damage it would just be cool to see them attacking. It would make it feel like they were doing their part on the farm ;).

I have that worthless, mangy, unnameable mutt. Didn't know there was a cat. Where do I find this (presumably snooty) feline?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
[quote]
There are some changes we’re hoping to implement in Patch 5.2 regarding Sunsong Ranch. Things we’re considering are ways to lure birds away, creating a resting zone, and perhaps a way to have your friends around (NPCs you’ve gained rep with) giving you tasks to do to gain nice perks. Nothing is guaranteed but those are just some of possibilities currently on the table.

could we also ask farmer yoon to maybe do something once in a while. ive let my farming fall to the wayside but he just leaves it barren until i pick up the hoe again.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Wish List for farm:
1. Make it a real home for us. Give us a hearth stone and rest ability.
2. Let anyone in our group see our farm and explore it.
3. The Scarecrow we buy should be able to scare away the birds and our dog should help with the vermin. And I want to name my dog.
4. Food storage shed for cooking mats that is account bound. Willing to quest for it.
5. The back area of our farm should be opened up for us to landscape with trees and flowers. We could get new items for professions like benches (black smithing), fountains (engineers), wind chimes ( jewelers), silk butterflies (tailors) and glowing lanterns for leather workers. Of course there would be at least 3 new patterns for each item and more to be found out in the world.
6. Besides flowers for the garden we could also learn how to raise roses and cross breed our own for new varieties which we could plant or sell.
7. Quests from the different factions asking for items. Quest could come via mail.
8. Keep the farm on pace with the game.
9. Our chickens should lay small eggs we can gather. Maybe new recipes for using eggs?
Edited by Jema on 12/3/2012 3:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Could we have a seed box for the farm? Just like a little bank specifically for seeds.

You can't bank seeds because then you never have them when you need them but keeping seeds in your bags is just a waste of space. Having to go and buy them everytime is a pain and is particularly annoying when you chucked out a couple of the ones you needed that you farmed up just the other day. Having your own little seed box on the farm would be the perfect solution.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'd love to see an automated way to dig up all wriggling and alureing farm spots if desired but it still makes us fight all the mobs. I'd also like to see a way that if you cant play for a few days you can get an NPC to tend to your farm or something and it doesnt work if you log on during that period
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Wish List for farm:
3. The Scarecrow we buy should be able to scare away the birds and our dog should help with the vermin. And I want to name my dog.
4. Food storage shed for cooking mats that is account bound. Willing to quest for it.
5. The back area of our farm should be opened up for us to landscape with trees and flowers. We could get new items for professions like benches (black smithing), fountains (engineers), wind chimes ( jewelers), silk butterflies (tailors) and glowing lanterns for leather workers. Of course there would be at least 3 new patterns for each item and more to be found out in the world.
6. Besides flowers for the garden we could also learn how to raise roses and cross breed our own for new varieties which we could plant or sell.
7. Quests from the different factions asking for items. Quest could come via mail.
9. Our chickens should lay small eggs we can gather. Maybe new recipes for using eggs?

I like this troll! I would love to be able to landscape my garden too; open up another 3-4 slots just for trees maybe?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
12/02/2012 06:53 PMPosted by Willinraven
It would be awesome of being exalted with Tina (getting the stove and bed) made your farm a resting place. Ya know, cuz there's a bed you can sleep in...

I'd like for Tina to make me sandwiches.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock

could we add that?

Adding something that would let us ... park 1 or 2 of our Pets at the farm to wander around like the nameless Dog dose. Tiny bit of personalization sort of thing

yay! we're getting a table!
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
Wish List for farm:

wow, those are pretty cool things :) Look at them Devs!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]