Dang kids get off my farm!

90 Blood Elf Rogue
Wish List for farm:
1. Make it a real home for us. Give us a hearth stone and rest ability.
2. Let anyone in our group see our farm and explore it.
3. The Scarecrow we buy should be able to scare away the birds and our dog should help with the vermin. And I want to name my dog.
4. Food storage shed for cooking mats that is account bound. Willing to quest for it.
5. The back area of our farm should be opened up for us to landscape with trees and flowers. We could get new items for professions like benches (black smithing), fountains (engineers), wind chimes ( jewelers), silk butterflies (tailors) and glowing lanterns for leather workers. Of course there would be at least 3 new patterns for each item and more to be found out in the world.
6. Besides flowers for the garden we could also learn how to raise roses and cross breed our own for new varieties which we could plant or sell.
7. Quests from the different factions asking for items. Quest could come via mail.
8. Keep the farm on pace with the game.
9. Our chickens should lay small eggs we can gather. Maybe new recipes for using eggs?

All of this please! Especially the #2!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
12/02/2012 01:00 PMPosted by Hysar
Find a gnome. Tie him to a tree and let him be. The incessant talking should scare off any intruders.

You can do this.

But Expect all of your Crops to be gone.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Wish List for farm:
3. The Scarecrow we buy should be able to scare away the birds and our dog should help with the vermin. And I want to name my dog.
4. Food storage shed for cooking mats that is account bound. Willing to quest for it.
5. The back area of our farm should be opened up for us to landscape with trees and flowers. We could get new items for professions like benches (black smithing), fountains (engineers), wind chimes ( jewelers), silk butterflies (tailors) and glowing lanterns for leather workers. Of course there would be at least 3 new patterns for each item and more to be found out in the world.
6. Besides flowers for the garden we could also learn how to raise roses and cross breed our own for new varieties which we could plant or sell.
7. Quests from the different factions asking for items. Quest could come via mail.
9. Our chickens should lay small eggs we can gather. Maybe new recipes for using eggs?

This.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I'd like to see some of the reps make a difference. How about if you have the Dog, it keeps the vermin away, and if you have the cat, it keeps the birds away?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Yes! Please, WoW, make it so!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Find a gnome. Tie him to a tree and let him be. The incessant talking should scare off any intruders.

Hahaha I imagine Dirti from the Illegal Danish machinima videos being tied up to a tree and talking people to death.
Edited by Shenanigans on 12/3/2012 5:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I feel like if there was a root cellar (or Non-Portable Fridge, or whatever) I would either never use it, or never be able to keep track of what was in the root cellar and what was in the bank. Might as well go all the way to bank access or nothing. But then, since I got a Portable Fridge I don't usually need more food storage except for extra stacks of fish.

Definitely second the ideas of a scarecrow that actually scares away the birds (maybe a mogu scarecrow would be scarier than the pandaren one?) and a way of repelling virmen from occupied/wriggling spots (whether it's Dog, an upgrade to the thunder king pest repellers, or whatever -- I bet my cloud serpent would think virmen make good snacks). A selective herbicide for stubborn weeds/smothered/tangled would be nice too -- maybe add the weed war guy as one of the characters you can get Best Friend with.

Adding some functionality to farm animals would be neat too, but that might be hampered by the distinct lack of pork recipes and the fact that the edible poultry item is called _Wild_fowl Breast, making it rather incongruous to get one from a farm chicken (even the hard-to-find prize ones). Not to mention, eating tigers and crocolisks is strange enough, but raising them for their meat would be even stranger.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
How about a Brewery?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZE!

Only 27% rocket fuel, I promise!
Edited by Kazreth on 12/3/2012 5:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Being able to stable your own hunter pets might be nice.. at least one or two..
wouldn't mind a place to display old weapons either.. the house is rather small... and Yoon's large !@# takes up most of it. or it would if he would get off the lawn and stop flirting with that mudclaw lady. (what can i say.. i like having a repair/vendor right there at the farm)

Have also always wondered.. why is there no chicken coop? we get the chickens.. but no coop. poor things have to roost under the house in the mud.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
A cellar is all I ask.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest

could we add that?

Adding something that would let us ... park 1 or 2 of our Pets at the farm to wander around like the nameless Dog dose. Tiny bit of personalization sort of thing

There are some changes we’re hoping to implement in Patch 5.2 regarding Sunsong Ranch. Things we’re considering are ways to lure birds away, creating a resting zone, and perhaps a way to have your friends around (NPCs you’ve gained rep with) giving you tasks to do to gain nice perks. Nothing is guaranteed but those are just some of possibilities currently on the table.

maybe tasks that could have them send you on a chain quest to unlock more cosmetic features to your farm, maybe even some slightly helpful things (will come up with some later)

i just wish our dog would randomly dig up something like a sack of gold, profession items or even seeds.
Edited by Ragnivald on 12/3/2012 9:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Wish List for farm:

This along with:
+ Using our compaion pets as guards.
+ Opposing faction thieves
lots of ideas here!

Eg: Goblins have burnt down some of your crops etc etc

Edit:
How about a Brewery?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZE!

Only 27% rocket fuel, I promise!

^ Along with a brewing faction ?
Edited by Fieldmedic on 12/4/2012 1:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Dream here:
For 1500g each you can purchase:

1. Anti Air Flak Turrets. See if my cabbage is attractive to you now, you strange vegetable craving hawk you.

2. Land mines. Sorry mister vermin. my land mine took your legs off.

3. Bus full of Japanese schoolgirls. Keeps the unruly tentacle plants busy while you take care of the rest
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock

Sadly, this is true. Gnomes make the perfect scarekid.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Zen
Dream here:
For 1500g each you can purchase:

1. Anti Air Flak Turrets. See if my cabbage is attractive to you now, you strange vegetable craving hawk you.

Win.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I got up before server and found GNOMES in my farm! They were tinkering.... I found them setting up a shrine to Yogg Saron up in my farm and they began being... Intimate all over the place!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest

I have a better idea: Instead of tying us up buy us or make us a dress that looks like one of those killer dolls from some horror movie. It starts with a C I forgot his name. That'll scare those damn kids from your crops.

Works like a charm and all you have to do is give us a nice place to rest, eat, and we'll do the scaring for ya!
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
FERTILIZER. SO I CAN STOP WASTING MY TIME KILLING GIANT TENTAVLES EVERY FRICKING TIME I PLANT SOMETHING. I'VE STOPPED FARMING BECAUSE OF THIS NUISSANCE.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Wish List for farm:

Especially 3 & 4
5 & 9 would be interesting, but especially 3 & 4.
If I hire a friend for the day, let them pull weeds or let me buy some WeedBGone to tame those wild weeds
Seen elsewhere, if the scarecrow I bought isn't going to do it's job, at least drop extra meat from the birds.
Also, I am wondering why there is not an actual Brewers faction and rep.
Edited by Mssheph on 12/4/2012 6:03 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]