Dang kids get off my farm!

90 Human Paladin
Hearth, a root cellar for cooking materials, and a fishing pond would be grand.

I'd also love to see the space where that dino-thingie roots about put to better use - it just never seems like part of the farm, more like a side area.

And if I really want to go crazy.... maybe you can give us a trophy room where we can hang up sets of armor so they don't take up room in our Void Storage - maybe only reserve them for complete tier sets so they look awesome like the armor stands in the cities showing off the Challenge gear?

You know you want to give us houses so that we'll spend a year making them JUST RIGHT! :)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I want to be able to invite friends to my farm.... I want to show off all my nice crops and all, but I can't! I've worked so hard on the land there, yet I can't even give people the grand tour!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

You know you want to give us houses so that we'll spend a year making them JUST RIGHT! :)

Sorry ma'am, no house for you... but you can be a farm hand. Because -that's- how Azeroth rewards Heroes. lol :)
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
12/04/2012 12:15 PMPosted by Brennvin
How about a fishing pond, where we can chum the waters and get a school of fish we want/need? Dunno if that current pool is deep enough. Pfft.

That was actually mentioned in our last meeting with the development team. While I can't make you any promises, I can tell you they geeked out a bit thinking about that one.

I wonder if there's a faction full of people intimately familiar with fishing who may be able to assist Farmer Yoon on his ranch <.<

But in all openness, the success of the Sunsong Ranch mechanics have made me long for more development with the Anglers. How cool would it be to have you own little fishing shack where you could hang up rare fish trophies or maintain a small fish farm? One of the really mystical things about fishing in this game has always been tracking down those elusive rare fish. I think the team could have a lot of fun coming up with unique rare fish that are only caught under very specific (or rare) conditions. Like a rare Summer Bass/Winter Squid fish, or a Krasarang Shark that can only be caught when you chum the water with Horde/Alliance blood.

Getting a little off-topic but I just wanted to lob that out there. A nice timesink for the anglers who miss the mystique of Mr. Pinchy.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
How about giving us a cellar that we can use to store some cooking materials.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I'd like to be able to et gifts from crops other then Veggies, I hit exalted with the tillers have 16 plots and groow other then veggies for ( cactus and songbells with my tailor/enchanter ) and after 2 weeks still do the dailies to try and get exalted with all the Tillers and have NEVER seen anything when I pick those crops.
Would be nice to get gifts to help raise the rep on other Tillers or something instead of MOBS to kill all the time..
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Dropping back in to say that that Beanstalk idea? I love it! Sure, I may have problems with Jack and the Beanstalk (I consider it a story where the villain (Jack) won in the end because up in the clouds the giant was just minding his own damn business when Jack decided to loot the place like the yahoo he is and then KILLED the giant when he went to protect his property), but more additions to Sunsong Ranch is always a plus.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
How about a fishing pond, where we can chum the waters and get a school of fish we want/need? Dunno if that current pool is deep enough. Pfft.

That was actually mentioned in our last meeting with the development team. While I can't make you any promises, I can tell you they geeked out a bit thinking about that one.

I could see that geeking out happening lol
Reply Quote
How about one's own house?
Reply Quote
12 Blood Elf Priest
12/03/2012 03:46 PMPosted by Brinju
I'd love to see an automated way to dig up all wriggling and alureing farm spots if desired but it still makes us fight all the mobs. I'd also like to see a way that if you cant play for a few days you can get an NPC to tend to your farm or something and it doesnt work if you log on during that period

12/03/2012 01:23 PMPosted by Vasala
I would love to see the dog and the cat assist on the bird and virmen. They don't have to do any actual damage it would just be cool to see them attacking. It would make it feel like they were doing their part on the farm ;).

Combining these two ideas, it would be awesome if you could talk to your dog and issue a command ("Sic 'em, boy!") that made the dog run around and release all of your vermin to fight. (The cat could have a similar function for birds.) You'd still have to kill them yourself, so it still holds most of its value as a time sink. Personally I'd love it if I didn't have to worry about individually clicking each plot to summon enemies since I normally just AoE them down, anyway.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
12/04/2012 09:25 AMPosted by Matore
I'd like to add that I would like the "friends" I can ask to "help" with the farm to actually DO something helpful.

Maybe they could help you fight hawks/virmen (if they're not going to implement automatic/one-click repelling like the scarecrow or dog suggestions already made upthread). Sho would probably be the most deadly, and Jogu more comic relief than actual help (like that troll druid in plaguelands), with the others falling somewhere in between. Pandaren have access to lots of classes, so let them have some variety in class and spec.

12/04/2012 07:33 AMPosted by Yinian
I've said it before, I'll say it again, one of the things I'd like to see in the advancement of Sunsong Ranch and the Tillers is to help Farmer Yoon get hitched with one of the girls there.

Two problems with this (aside from the amount of dev time that would likely be involved, of course):

1. Someone will point out that if it was a BioWare game, he wouldn't be limited to the girls. Flamewar ensues (no matter which way Blizzard ends up deciding). Blizzard isn't known for their mature playerbase, so maybe they'd better just stay away from the whole idea.

2. Yoon isn't good enough for Sho anyway, I want her for myself. I haven't seen *him* getting off his butt to do all these quests and get her gifts. If there is a romance subquest, why shouldn't the player be able get involved in it themselves? Then you have to decide whether to code it differently for male and female PCs, see point 1.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
12/04/2012 05:56 PMPosted by Quinzak

Can we also have a "No Pet" policy implemented for inns, shops and auction houses in major cities ?

They feel as crowded as they get already, but when a bunch of players bring in their pets, they start feeling like a zoo.

Just implement a mechanic, which will automatically park your pet outside the entrance when you enter the AH, the shop or the inn until you are done with it. Your pet doesn't despawn, it is just waiting for you at the entrance, unless you are attacking an enemy player or NPC there, in which case this policy will obviously not be enforced on you.

Here are some arguments as to why this should be implemented.

-Shops, inns and auction houses feel like a menagerie.

-Additionally, in the real world
-You don't get to enter many stores, banks and auctions with your dog, ghoul or demon.
-Any civilized person will let their pet wait outside the store, bank, inn or auction house.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
12/02/2012 06:43 PMPosted by Brennvin
Things we’re considering are ways to lure birds away

Isn't that what scarecrows are for? You know... to scare the crows?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Player housing was thought about and shot down years ago. The house and farm you clean up belongs to Yoon, you're just working it and reaping the benefits. The root cellar WOULD be nice, though.

The refrigerator upset me a little bit because I traded an enchanting bag for a food bag. Now I'm being overwhelmed by enchanting mats again. And I was 10 tokens away from my flippable table. The fridge was ... 10 tokens. Now I'm 20 tokens away from my flippable table. *headdesk*
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
I love the ideas here, just one small thing I'd ask for if I can; how about letting me plant a seed once in a while that doesn't need anything done??? I am burning out on farming mostly because of the constant hassle of planting. We can harvest things cleanly, but not one seed can be planted that doesn't have some issue. If this happened in human history we wouldn't have farming anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue

Only if it includes a Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time-esque fishing mini-game. And when are we getting our Guild Halls? Oh, we aren't.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I always thought a good idea for fishing would be to turn it into something closer to a real profession. Instead of it just being a skill level and a button, let us make stuff. Fishing lures would be the obvious option. Have them increase skill vs specific types of fishing pools, speed up catching times for types of fish, or increase catching rates for types of fish in open water. There can always be flair items as well like fishing poles, and fishing chairs.

Its hard for me to justify leveling fishing from scratch when the only thing it allows me to do is grind higher level fish. Help me help myself make the grind easier/more enjoyable.
Reply Quote

I just geeked out to their geeking out over this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]