Orcs escaping Dreanor

76 Troll Shaman
This has been bugging me for a while. We know that Nerzul was found by Kiljadeen and made into the Lich King when he tried to escape Draenor by one of the portals he opened. My question is did other Orc clans escape through any of the portals and do we have any clear idea what happened then?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Yep we could potentially find draenei, orcs, and even members of the Alliance expedition out in the void that jumped through all those portals.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
12/02/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Skytotem
Yep we could potentially find draenei, orcs, and even members of the Alliance expedition out in the void that jumped through all those portals.

I hope we do.

I imagine that's where Turalyon is. Unless he's been hiding in Outland all this time.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
That was originally where the Alliance expedition went. I'm not sure if the ones still there never left or went back in the current lore.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
12/02/2012 09:01 PMPosted by Pumlaxer
That was originally where the Alliance expedition went. I'm not sure if the ones still there never left or went back in the current lore.

They describe it as them hoping through a portal and then back to Draenor after the explosion in the book, but that was just those in Khadgars vicinity, there could be others that didn't manage to hop right back.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Imagine if they jumped into a portal and landed on Argus, and have been hiding out on Argus.
Reply Quote
76 Troll Shaman
It will make for an excellent storyline going back to Warcraft's roots.

12/02/2012 09:22 PMPosted by Lorelaî
Imagine if they jumped into a portal and landed on Argus, and have been hiding out on Argus.

This is quite possible but Argus might be a stretch. Seeing as how we dont see Alleria and Co. in Outland, this might be their possible storyline.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
I'd find it funny if in one such place we found a town made of a sampling of all the groups, and are only not killing each other because they're all too focused on the Burning Legion all around them to worry about killing each other.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I don't think so. All of the Horde the Turalyon and company were contending with when the portals went nuts were the worst kind of Horde, Shadow Council and the like. Fighting for mutual survival with them would be an even worse insult than allying with the Horde after they'd wiped out half of Lorderaon's survivors.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
If any Horde / Alliance forces were working together they wouldn't be the groups with Turalyon and such, those guys popped in and out of their portals real fast.

They'd have to be folks stationed elsewhere on draenor when it was blowing up.
Reply Quote
76 Troll Shaman
12/02/2012 11:11 PMPosted by Skytotem
If any Horde / Alliance forces were working together they wouldn't be the groups with Turalyon and such, those guys popped in and out of their portals real fast.

If i remember the campaign correctly, didnt some clans help the Alliance out?
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Warrior
12/02/2012 11:00 PMPosted by Cbredbeard
I don't think so. All of the Horde the Turalyon and company were contending with when the portals went nuts were the worst kind of Horde, Shadow Council and the like. Fighting for mutual survival with them would be an even worse insult than allying with the Horde after they'd wiped out half of Lorderaon's survivors.

The Horde and Alliance forces stumble upon a strange world where time flows much faster compared to our own. Here they were beset upon by the Legion and only by working together were they to carve out a place for themselves, a sprawling fortress they've captured from the Legion and fortified for themselves.

After so many years in this time-warped space, the concept of species has faded away, nearly all of the young adults and children have some random mix of orcish, elven and human blood in them, very few purebloods even remain.

At the center of their life is an interesting psuedo-religion. In truth they all worship the Light above all else, but they've latched onto a more physical creature as well. In the center of their fortress is a massive statue to an Orc called Go'el. From both other objects slipping through holes in reality like the one they came through, albeit much smaller, and various visions they've come to reveal Go'el as the living Avatar of the Light, the holy counterpart to the Avatar of Sargeras.

Seated in the Keep at the center of the fortress sits Turalyon, his life greatly extended by his strong connection to the Light. Here he serves as both the military commander for the fortress and as High Priest of the Cult of Go'el.
Edited by Moogetsu on 12/2/2012 11:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
In regards to the orc clans from the OP?

Ner'zhul went through a portal with his most devoted followers to escape Draenor's destruction. When he was caught, so were the others, and they were turned into the first of the Scourge's Liches.

And some clans did, but those were clans that weren't heavily involved with the Old Horde (Thunderlords and someone else I can't remember), and... Things didn't exactly end pleasantly for them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The only clan that collaborated with the Alliance on Draenor in any way was the Laughing Skull Clan. They offered the Book of Medivh in return for crushing two nearby rival clans.
Reply Quote
88 Undead Warlock
12/03/2012 02:54 AMPosted by Saitharis
The only clan that collaborated with the Alliance on Draenor in any way was the Laughing Skull Clan. They offered the Book of Medivh in return for crushing two nearby rival clans.

Yeah, the wierd thing about that, is that one of those was the Thunderlord Clan. Said clan was already destroyed in an earlier mission in the Orc Campaign.

And in WoW, the Thunderlord Clan was destroyed by the Ogres, not the Shattered Hand nor the Laughing Skull.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
12/02/2012 11:51 PMPosted by Moogetsu

The Horde and Alliance forces stumble upon a strange world where time flows much faster compared to our own. Here they were beset upon by the Legion and only by working together were they to carve out a place for themselves, a sprawling fortress they've captured from the Legion and fortified for themselves.

After so many years in this time-warped space, the concept of species has faded away, nearly all of the young adults and children have some random mix of orcish, elven and human blood in them, very few purebloods even remain.

At the center of their life is an interesting psuedo-religion. In truth they all worship the Light above all else, but they've latched onto a more physical creature as well. In the center of their fortress is a massive statue to an Orc called Go'el. From both other objects slipping through holes in reality like the one they came through, albeit much smaller, and various visions they've come to reveal Go'el as the living Avatar of the Light, the holy counterpart to the Avatar of Sargeras.

Seated in the Keep at the center of the fortress sits Turalyon, his life greatly extended by his strong connection to the Light. Here he serves as both the military commander for the fortress and as High Priest of the Cult of Go'el.

How would they have known about Thrall? He was born -after- the Dark Portal was closed. There's no way anyone on Draenor or any other world besides Azeroth would have known about him.

And why would time be moving faster on another world?
Reply Quote
76 Troll Shaman
How would they have known about Thrall? He was born -after- the Dark Portal was closed. There's no way anyone on Draenor or any other world besides Azeroth would have known about him.

And why would time be moving faster on another world?

Heard of Sarcasm?

And also, if Alleria and Co. could survive going through portals(going by the statement that they will be coming back next expac), Orcs surviving and coming back is not that much of a stretch. It will also serve to push the Orcs to further battle if needed against the enemy they face(just saying plain enemy since they can the Legion or a new foe).
Edited by Ttm on 12/3/2012 8:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
One of the portals that the orcs used to escape led to a beautiful, golden valley. This tribe of brutes discovered a magical well of water, which changed them into taller, far more powerful beings filled with pure magic and the ability to turn stone into flesh.

Their demonic bloodlust was cleansed, but still left them heartless tyrants, and so they began enslaving everything around them, creating races to suit their needs...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I think it said somewhere that the surviving warlocks, Necrolytes, and death knights that fled with ner'zhul where turned into liches
Reply Quote
86 Undead Death Knight
I suppose it would be entirely possible but highly unlikely.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]