PIT FIGHTING!!!!!!!

The normally humid breeze of Ratchet was much cooler, as winter approached. Granted, it never got too cold, but it took the bite out of the sweltering heat in this part of the world. The peons and dock workers noticed it as well, gaining more energy and momentum. Indeed, Sals only had to beat three peons a day, down from the usual six or seven.

Using Hobgoblins and each other, the various members of the cartel practiced and sparred. The new drill sergeant, Krogg, watched from the shade, frowning and barking orders.

"You'll have to do better than that, grunts. I don't see fighters, I see a bunch of children playing at being warriors. HARDER. FASTER. NOW." He screamed at one of the sparring members, who cowered. Krogg grunted, and swiftly strode over, whacking the person aside. "Like this," he wound up and threw a haymaker at the Hobgoblin, knocking it back.

Up the road, in one of the offices owned by the cartel, Kal'tok, Shay and Nar'shak waited for the Trade Baron to return. Shay fiddled with her sword, slightly uneased, as Nar'shak silently stood against the wall, watching the room with a patient only he seemed to muster. Kal'tok, ever calm, looked up at Shay.

"Je alright? He'll be back soon, I'm sure." Kal'tok's accent was barely there, as he spoke with a more clear orcish one. Shay gave a playful grin to the troll, looking at the door.

"No, I'm fine. Just...distracted, is all. Besides, I'm more annoyed by this racket the drill sergeant is making. And I want to get a start on the next job, where is Sals?" She pouted, making sure Kal'tok could see, though he gave an innocent and somewhat confused look. Shay broke back into a grin, and settled a bit more.

Just then, Krogg stepped in. He surveyed the room, resting on each of the figures before him. Nar'shak and Krogg exchanged begrudged nods of respect, Shay gave a mocking salute, which Krogg repayed with a scowl, and Kal'tok gave a more genuine, if casual salute. Krogg watched him a minute longer before continuing.

"Alright, where's the Baron, the details for this friday need to be made." He addressed Kal'tok first.

"I don't know, we're waiting on him as well. Just outline it, I guess. He'll read it when he get's a chance." Came the troll's usual dulcet tones.

"Or, go run a few laps and work up more of a sweat. You look like you could lose a bit of weight anyways. Unless sparring is more your thing?" Shay cooed playfully, but her muscles tensed, eager to engage in a fight.

"Bah! I'll wait outside. These "combatants" are pathetic." Krogg stepped out into the breeze once more.

Nar'shak grinned, thinking "Nar'shak will enter, Nar'shak show honor in combat. Also, prize money goes to buy shiny rocks for rock collection. Nar'shak love rocks."
Reply Quote
Well then, Wra! We have a brand new event this Friday in Dire Maul. The BMC will be starting up a pit fight, with prize money.

Details to come, but contestants will be awarded with 1000 gold prizes for the top tier winners.

Enter if you got the cahoonies! It's not sanctioned, mind you, so don't expect guards to jump in and protect you. Only guards are MY guards. Come if you dare!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I have been promoted from a door to a wall! I am a happy war-peon :') also yay rocks! Should studies allow me, I'll be happy to jump into the RP for whatever is needed.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I'm looking forward to this RP, it shall be good fun. Also you accurately portrayed Kal in this little story.

P.S. I first misread the title as "PIE FIGHTING"
Edited by Kaltokk on 12/3/2012 5:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
*Bumps the thread by throwing a pie at it.*
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
Well then, Wra! We have a brand new event this Friday in Dire Maul. The BMC will be starting up a pit fight, with prize money.

Details to come, but contestants will be awarded with 1000 gold prizes for the top tier winners.

Enter if you got the cahoonies! It's not sanctioned, mind you, so don't expect guards to jump in and protect you. Only guards are MY guards. Come if you dare!

The Mountain will be there. I LOVE brawls like this!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
12/03/2012 11:18 PMPosted by Dubor

The Pit will enjoy the blood you shed fighter.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
12/04/2012 12:45 AMPosted by Grungai

The Pie will enjoy the blood you shed fighter.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Just in case, you might want to make the title of the thread not in all caps.

Anyway... is this event to be only IC or will it also have an OOC aspect towards it?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Few quick questions...Will it be real fighting? (ie duels and stuff) or silly talky fighting?

Also, can I just come watch? Maybe sell some stuff that may or may not be legal in the cities?

Last but not least...What time is it on Friday?

Sounds like a blast! Thanks, Sal.
Reply Quote
Well, It's one of my members who wants to host it. I'll have to hammer out details tonight with him so we know what's going on. I really can't be sure if it's real fighting at this moment, though I'll likely be making more pit fights and tournaments in the future.

If there's real fighting, I'd be more likely to impose a "No PVP gear" rule, you fight in RP gear, be interesting to see.

Calamitra, by all means come and spectate. It's a blast to have an audience. And selling things would be good.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
It is silly talking fighting, we are on a silly talking server. If enough people present show interest I will allow duels there is more than enough space to do so.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Yay! Einsley will probably turn up for this. She's been studying her potions and plaguebombs, so watch out! >D
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Hmmm...interesting. Meh, it's an oppotunity to meet other people, so I'll be there!
Reply Quote
96 Tauren Hunter
How convenient. The Sons will be in the neighborhood.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
12/04/2012 03:21 PMPosted by Bestiarius

Truly convenient, look forward to this Friday. So far we have Ironfang Clan, Shadowtusk Clan, Sons of the Horde, Gigavolt Industrial, Oilgrime Cartel and The Retribution. If I may also assume Sons of Un'Goro too.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
12/04/2012 03:53 PMPosted by Grungai

Truly convenient, look forward to this Friday. So far we have Ironfang Clan, Shadowtusk Clan, Sons of the Horde, Gigavolt Industrial, Oilgrime Cartel and The Retribution. If I may also assume Sons of Un'Goro too.

This is going to be a big pie fight.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
*HOLDS UP DEHTA SIGN*

Wait...people fighting each other brutally to near death? Oh :(

*packs sign away despondently*
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
*HOLDS UP DEHTA SIGN*

Wait...people fighting each other brutally to near death? Oh :(

*packs sign away despondently*

Actually we'll be throwing in some animals here and there for fun, we'll make sure their bodies are put to good use though.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
To the winner goes the spoils. Salsbury has offered up 1k gold to whomever can claim victory at the Pit Fight. Happy fighting.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]