Capacitor Totem

90 Undead Warrior
Alright, its a stun. Something we shamans have been waiting for a loooong time. But don't you guys feel that its terribly buggy?

Here's my scenario.

I'm in the heat of battle during a 3v3 arena, dying horribly as usual. I manage to get away with Spirit Walk and Ghost Wolf miraculously. I think to myself "time to stun". I drop the totem and use totemic projection right before the timer goes out for it to explode in stunny goodness, while moving of course. I'm moving and so is my camera, I throw the totem, and wonderful, its placed in a completely awkward position no where near my target. I mean come on. I understand its thrown assuming its in the 4 totem position, but I'm usually just tossing totems randomly throughout the arena when I need em. It would be nice if they were in the center of the projection circle, but again, 4 totem position. I feel capacitor totem should be completely taken out of the game and turned into a instant stun cd. Any one agree? Thoughts?

- Arkinai, Enhancement Shaman
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I miss my Feral Spirit stun :(
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/03/2012 07:47 AMPosted by Ruken
Something we shamans have been waiting for a loooong time.

Ever since they removed improved Fire nova totem. This is the exact same mechanic but with a 2.5x longer stun and talents/glyphs that make it better than before :<

I personally enjoy cap totem, but I would love the particular change mentioned to totemic projection:

12/03/2012 07:47 AMPosted by Ruken
. It would be nice if they were in the center of the projection circle

Would make life infinitely easier with projection.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Capacitator totem will ALWAYS spawn to the back-left of your character. Every time I put it down on an earthgrabbed enemy I turn my back to them. Keep that in mind.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
I don't know it doesn't seem that hard to get used to. So you messed up that one game we've all missed with cap totem but you learn from it, now you know its not landing dead center on your TJ so you alter where you place TJ next time. Win?

Keep it as is, instant stun would be too OP and would be nerfed unless our class name rhymed with "borrier"

It has its faults but with totem projection you can place a ranged AOE 8 yard stun anywhere within your range if you time it right. THAT is powerful, situational yes but all totems are designed to be situational these days. I like it the way it is.
Edited by Swarrzk on 12/3/2012 10:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Also, if you heal raids as a resto shaman, you'd be used to it anyway because of planting SLT.
Placing totems just takes a little practice.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Well I understand where it lands and perhaps I will get better with it over time, but I still find it incredibly ridiculous that when I'm moving around and my camera is constantly turning (not to mention that I'm also focusing on what my targets are doing), I toss my totem with Projection with hesitation that I hopefully set it down in a certain position before doing so. I usually end up tossing it way off. On the other hand, If I was constantly facing my enemy and not running way holding on to dear life, then it would probably be easier to get a precise projection. But lets face it. I'm ALWAYS running for dear life because our survivability is god-awful. I might have worded that strangely and I'm still trying to think of a better way to explain, but damn it I just feel that its an unnecessary learning curve while other classes get easy-win stuns and such.

I don't know it doesn't seem that hard to get used to. So you messed up that one game we've all missed with cap totem but you learn from it, now you know its not landing dead center on your TJ so you alter where you place TJ next time. Win?

Keep it as is, instant stun would be too OP and would be nerfed unless our class name rhymed with "borrier"

It has its faults but with totem projection you can place a ranged AOE 8 yard stun anywhere within your range if you time it right. THAT is powerful, situational yes but all totems are designed to be situational these days. I like it the way it is.

Perhaps making an instant stun would be a little over the top, but honestly? Other classes don't have some gimmicky stun like our totem, so why not? I don't think it would be too OP. I'd rather have a single target instant stun than a pray-to-god this hits aoe stun. Situational totems are fine, but Capacitor Totem just.. Idk. Feels so clunky.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
12/03/2012 08:47 AMPosted by Demapples
I miss my Feral Spirit stun :(

Me too, Demapples. Me too...
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
I forget how but I changed my camera, set it so it doesn't auto-snapback when you are running forward and looking backward. That change alone makes all the difference in PVP. You should effortlessly be able to target mobs/players behind you, while running away from them in PVP and there is some simply camera change you can do to allow that. I remember years ago watching a mage PVP video where he pet nova'd 30 yards behind him while running and blinking away and I was like "how do you do that my camera always snaps back so fast" and it was as easy as a camera setting.
Reply Quote
50 Human Priest
Sounds like more of a problem with projection and camera angles than capacitor totem. Don't get me wrong, the totem is totally terrible. If anything, the totem being down should make the stun radiate from the shaman and not the totem or that should be the glyph for capacitor totem.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
At least it's better than Remorseless Winter.

Other classes don't have some gimmicky stun like our totem, so why not?

/wave

Winter is so much better in every way imaginable I dont even know how you can begin to complain @_@
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
To me the cap totem seems kind of laggy for lack of a better word. I'm pretty good at hitting my target with the totem projection, but in cases where the target isn't standing still i need to get it to them right when it goes of, and i've seen countless times the cap totem go off right on a player and the stun doesn't register. For me i find it best to project the totem when there is about 1.5-2 secs left on the timer, or when it goes off it won't stun the people in range. Idk that's just my experience with it, not sure if anyone else feels the same way. It is a great totem tho
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Hand of Freedom or Precise use of Emancipate pretty much renders Remorseless winter into a non-issue to me.

One thing I'd like to see for Capacitor totem is for it to instantly trigger if the totem is destroyed. I find it all too easy to destroy that sucker and act as nothing happened.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
12/04/2012 07:46 AMPosted by Vencia
To me the cap totem seems kind of laggy for lack of a better word. I'm pretty good at hitting my target with the totem projection, but in cases where the target isn't standing still i need to get it to them right when it goes of, and i've seen countless times the cap totem go off right on a player and the stun doesn't register. For me i find it best to project the totem when there is about 1.5-2 secs left on the timer, or when it goes off it won't stun the people in range. Idk that's just my experience with it, not sure if anyone else feels the same way. It is a great totem tho

I've also seen where my totem's stun doesn't register. I see the target within the blast radius but they're still moving around and nailing me with what seems to be endless burst. I don't get it. Is it lag? Perhaps. Something Blizzard should really adjust or look into.

Hand of Freedom or Precise use of Emancipate pretty much renders Remorseless winter into a non-issue to me.

One thing I'd like to see for Capacitor totem is for it to instantly trigger if the totem is destroyed. I find it all too easy to destroy that sucker and act as nothing happened.

THIS. Honestly. One of the supposedly most viable totem that can save us can be taken out with a single auto-attack. A trigger to compensate for its destruction would definitely make us a little more feared imo.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I find it funny that we have to wait a full 5 seconds for the thing to go off. Anyone with some skill will kill the totem. Granted totem encirclement will throw off the noobs. But skilled pvpers can spot it pretty easy. It has a pretty obviouse animation.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
@Ruken
Ya im not sure if it's lag or what not. I think the best way i could explain would be like bullet registration in CoD, or something similar to that? I would like to see a hotfix to make it more accurate though, because it can be a game changer.
Reply Quote
50 Human Priest
12/04/2012 09:50 AMPosted by Vencia
Ya im not sure if it's lag or what not. I think the best way i could explain would be like bullet registration in CoD, or something similar to that? I would like to see a hotfix to make it more accurate though, because it can be a game changer.

Its just latency. Yet another reason why capacitor totem needs some big changes made.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]