PvP Power - Healers What's Wrong W/ Picture?

90 Tauren Paladin
So, I enjoy PvP and I enjoy PvE. I enjoy the game in general. However, since the latest patch there is a serious and unaddressed problem with PvP Power as a PURE HEALER.

Blue states that I lost nothing as a pure healer. That I won't get PvP Power to do damage but my healing is as good as ever.

However, In my current PvP gear - and I logged in it for this purpose - I have 20.5% PvP power as a healer. At the same time when I switch my spec to my off spec Protection and leave my healing PvP gear on - I get 41% PvP Power.

Why is it that damage gets so much more PvP Power than healers? Is there a simple and easy to understand explanation for this? I don't think there is besides the fact that the bads can't kill healers and since they can't solo destroy me on their retadins / locks / Frost DK's etc with all their CC and counters to hard spell casting - the answer was to nerf healers PvP Power?

For all the love I have for this game - this particular issue is game breaking for me. I am seriously looking at other titles where balance is something that is sought after - not something spoken about and then nothing is done. I love to PvP - I love to go into random BG's heal the crap out of my team and cause us to win - I love getting accolades from teammates I play with regularly and complete strangers. Why does it have to be so imbalanced? One good reason this is so, besides people could not kill me one on one.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah it's super annoying to be a healer in BGs. Not only did we get a pvper power beef we also got the new passive racial to deal with that makes our heals 15% less effective on targets being attacked. I understand healers were way too strong before 5.1 but now it's just no fun being the team punching bag
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Perhaps its to foster more teamwork, instead of the DPS ignoring the bads killing the healer this will get them to protect their healers more.

But I agree with one thing it is no fun being the punching bag.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]