What old dungeons can be 2, even 5 manned?

90 Night Elf Warrior
As a Warrior, me and Rogue buddy have done...

MC, BWL, AQ, Gruul, SSC, TK, Hyjal and BT.

We're curious if we can 2 man any others, and if not what dungeons can be 3, 4 or 5 manned?

I really want to do Sunwell, Naxx, Onyxia, Malygos, Ulduar, and more if possible...
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
You can 2 man everything upto Cataclysm content.

Even then, theres a few bosses in tier 11, 12 and 13 soloable (I just doubt you'd clear the entire place of any of those)

Every 5 man is 2 mannable that I know of.
Edited by Postonforums on 12/3/2012 11:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
12/03/2012 11:40 PMPosted by Postonforums
You can 2 man everything upto Cataclysm content.

Really, even the LK? We don't have heals so that's the only issue unless Prot helped.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
12/03/2012 11:41 PMPosted by Kitora
Really, even the LK? We don't have heals so that's the only issue unless Prot helped.

LK has been soloed by many classes. (on normal 10)

You just need to keep over 90% or infest hurts, rogue can easily do that with recupe/leach poison, not sure on Warriors, since I don't know how it would hurt if it could outdo 2nd wind or you'd need to be spot on with impending victorys
Edited by Postonforums on 12/3/2012 11:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
12/03/2012 11:41 PMPosted by Postonforums

LK has been soloed by many classes. (on normal 10)

Any tips on any Wrath dungeons (even not fully but partially) that I could try soloing?

Sorry for all the questions.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Any tips on any Wrath dungeons (even not fully but partially) that I could try soloing?

Don't ignore mechanics for wrath raids, the dungeons, should all be cake walks.

Dungeons don't have too many pass/fail mechanics, meaning you'll be fine to brute strength them.
Edited by Postonforums on 12/3/2012 11:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior

Don't ignore mechanics for wrath raids, the dungeons, should all be cake walks.

Oh, I meant raids haha. Nothing to really get out of the dungeons, but I might try Naxx.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
12/03/2012 11:44 PMPosted by Kitora
Oh, I meant raids haha. Nothing to really get out of the dungeons, but I might try Naxx.

Nax... all of it's cake, nothing you can mess up too much, just make sure the 2 adds before thaddius die close together or they keep repopping, you can dps through all the other mechanics now (keep in mind wrath had ~50-80k health for tanks, so having 350-500k is huge now)

Ulduar, Leviathan, do 0 towers if you don't know the fight well (Disable the titan defenses, forget if it's Brann or the keeper, but it reads like ''disable''),

Razorscale, really easy, Ignis, Really Easy,

XT-Deconstructor's tantrum does %age damage, so make sure to use cooldowns to survive it, feint should be enough for the rogue, and you should be able to second wind live through most the encounter.

Council, if you do steelbreaker last, make sure you do enough DPS to kill him before you both die from meltdown, the actual debuff is a 1 hit KO on the person with it, but not the splash, I'm pretty sure the requirement is low.

Algalon at 90 (if you even have the sigils to fight him) is pretty easy as you can treat him like a tank/spank, watch out for meteors, they deliver falling damage, which can be near lethal and if both of you go down in the blackhole at the same time, he instakills you.

Kologarn, you need to break the right arm (your left) or he squeezes the life out of the person he picks up, which is lethal

Auriaya, cake walk, just burn her in no time

Hodir, just burn him, nothng lethal

Thorim, 1 in arena, 1 in tunnel, as long as your arena person can keep themselves up, a pretty easy 2 man, no 1 shots

Freya, we outdpsed her heal with 3 people, with 2, and trying to survive, youll probably need to kill a few waves. Watch out for the 3 pack and make sure they die together, the snaplasher stacks can still do some damage

mimiron, the fire rockets in p2 and 4 are one shots, the shock explosion thing in p1 and 4 is around 80k, not lethal but with no healer, it could catch up with you. P3, you'll need to both throw at his head for a couple minutes as all 3 body parts need to die within 20(?) seconds of eachother

Vezax, just burn him, he dies pretty quick.

Yogg Saron: Send down keepers if you don't know the encounter, it's quite complex and you have to follow it well.

Bit late for me now, sure somebody can pickup ICC with 90's if you need, You won't be able to defeat the first boss in the frostwing though, as Dreamwalker requires a healer.
Edited by Postonforums on 12/3/2012 11:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

I wouldn't say that; some of the dungeons have unique transmog things, especially the ICC 5-mans. Halls of Reflection alone has a bunch of really cool items.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior

I wouldn't say that; some of the dungeons have unique transmog things, especially the ICC 5-mans. Halls of Reflection alone has a bunch of really cool items.

Do you mean on heroic versions? On normal leveling up I didn't see much.

And Poston, thank you for your very lengthy post. It will come in use.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Currently at Patchwerk 10 man, not sure if I should skip.

I can DPS him down and all but he does hit quite a bit.

Not sure if SW will save me or if I'll need a bit more gear for him.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

The Normal ICC 5-mans have a different loot table to the Heroic ones.

Things like Ghoulslicer, Crypt Fiend Slayer and Chilled Heart of the Glacier are unique models, and Lucky Old Sun is a lot easier to farm than the others that look like it. There are a few others too, the normal ICC 5-man loot tables are definitely worth looking over at least once if you care about transmog stuff.
Edited by Tarski on 12/4/2012 12:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Currently at Patchwerk 10 man, not sure if I should skip.

I can DPS him down and all but he does hit quite a bit.

Not sure if SW will save me or if I'll need a bit more gear for him.

He got me down to be about 50% without doing any self heals outside of rune of fallen crusader, and I had a 50% ghoul sac in store, if you have a shield, I'm sure you could survive through 2nd Wind
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior

The Normal ICC 5-mans have a different loot table to the Heroic ones.

Things like Ghoulslicer, Crypt Fiend Slayer and Chilled Heart of the Glacier are unique models, and Lucky Old Sun is a lot easier to farm than the others that look like it. There are a few others too, the normal ICC 5-man loot tables are definitely worth looking over at least once if you care about transmog stuff.

Ghostslicer looks awesome :P

Will look through them more thoroughly. All I care about lately is transmog, haha.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6036454104

I'm going to shamelessly plug my DK guide to soloing raids. Everything that's been solo'd can be 2 manned, though some fights are actually easier solo (like KT). This outlines the fight mechanics and should help you out.

12/03/2012 11:38 PMPosted by Kitora
I really want to do Sunwell, Naxx, Onyxia, Malygos, Ulduar, and more if possible...

Malygos, Naxx, and Onyxia are soloable. Most of Ulduar is as well. So those can easily be 2 manned. I haven't solo'd Sunwell because of the first fight, but you can probably get through it with 2 people.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/03/2012 11:54 PMPosted by Postonforums
Nax... all of it's cake, nothing you can mess up too much, just make sure the 2 adds before thaddius die close together or they keep repopping, you can dps through all the other mechanics now (keep in mind wrath had ~50-80k health for tanks, so having 350-500k is huge now)

I'm curious if any non-tanks have cleared Raz yet. He's hitting me for 80-100k on cloth and even popping all CDs I haven't gotten him below 40%. On the other hand, he's trivial on my 86 DK. Anybody?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
12/04/2012 02:25 PMPosted by Pyri
I'm curious if any non-tanks have cleared Raz yet. He's hitting me for 80-100k on cloth and even popping all CDs I haven't gotten him below 40%. On the other hand, he's trivial on my 86 DK. Anybody?

Only the unbalance is super painful, you can use some creative mechanics if you kill 1 add and MC other to buy some time, renew self between, will take longer
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
My girlfriend and I did TotC the other night and got a handful of the achievements, so a quick run down on that for you (some of the stuff there is pretty neat to have for transmogging).

Beasts: Spank 'n Tank. If you want the achievement off of Gormok, get a third. We waited for five minutes and he refused to put a Snobold on anyone else but me. The Wyrm achievement just requires you to kill the two at the same time, no biggey there. You'll be tanking them together anyways so you can keep both debuffs on you at all time so you don't end up getting frozen. Just remember one Jormunger is always stationary, and they swap about every minute.

Jaraxxus: More spanking and tanking. The only danger in the fight is from Mistress of Torment, which do percentage based damage when they do their Jump. If you're going for the achievement and leaving two up, be sure to heal after each jump. Otherwise just kill them as soon as their up.

Faction Champs: AoE them together if you have the DPS for it, otherwise kill the healers first. The rest is pretty simplistic, if not extremely annoying with the constant stunning. The Achievement to kill them all in 60 seconds may require more than two to do it. We did it in about 2 and a half minutes as a Boomkin and Prot Paladin, so your time will vary depending on set up and AoE strength you have.

Ikaruga-I mean Twin Valks: The person DPSing the black gets the white buff, and the one DPSing the White gets the Black Buff. Separate them and DPS them down. With two DPS they'll be dead before their first special. If not, DPS the one that's bubbled and interrupt her cast so she doesn't hill her sister. The achievement comes without trying on this one.

Anub'arak: Complete faceroll up until Phase 3. When he starts leeching your health, DO NOT do anyhting that will fully heal you. Let your health drop to about 100K or lower adn then just keep it in that area and DPS away. If you keep it full, you're going to end up healing him and you'll stalemate until he enrages. Also be sure to bring down the Ice Balls to make patches for the adds, unless you enjoy having them burrow and fully heal after every crit.

If you're going for the achievement on this one, you'll need to let him burrow around three times to get enough buggies, than it's just a matter of nuking the crap out of them in under 25 seconds. The big thing to remember on this part is the stacks DO start to hurt after awhile, so if you have a way to remove them via Iceblock or Divine Shield, do so. Otherwise it might not hurt to have a dedicated healer during this part.
Edited by Bladesyphon on 12/4/2012 2:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/04/2012 02:30 PMPosted by Postonforums
Only the unbalance is super painful, you can use some creative mechanics if you kill 1 add and MC other to buy some time, renew self between, will take longer

Yeah, unbalancing strike was the big damage dealer, his melee isn't enough to matter. I've only pulled him 4 times, so it's not like I've tried everything yet. That suggestion makes me wonder if it's possible to: burn the first add immediately, kite Raz around as much as possible, using shield/cooldowns/self-healing to keep health up, then when mana runs dry grabbing the MC orb. I'm assuming that MCing the remaining add will immediately switch aggro to the add, and that I'll be able to keep the add alive long enough to regenerate significant mana.

Thanks for the suggestion! Will have to try it this week; I cleared the other quarters of Naxx without any trouble, and I think this one fight is all that's keeping me from a full solo clear. Then I can start working on ICC!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
12/04/2012 02:25 PMPosted by Pyri

10M Raz was a cakewalk on my warlock, for what it's worth. No Orbs, just had my Voidlord tank while I nuked.

The 25M DK Cavaliers with their huge absorbing shields are really !@#$ing annoying though.
Edited by Tarski on 12/4/2012 8:39 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]