Mount AddOns

84 Pandaren Monk
So, I have found a lot of add ons that will select a random mount based on whether or not you can fly in an area. What I haven't been able to locate is a way to select a random ground or flying mount depending on if you want to fly or not.

Does anyone know of something like this - I am thinking it would require 2 buttons.
1 for random flying mount, 1 for random ground mount.
Or is there a way to make a macro for the same?

I don't always use flying just because I can, ex: running from farm to seed vendor guy I generally use a ground mount.

Thanks a lot for any input / suggestions :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
/castrandom [flyable][nomod]
/castrandom [noflyable][mod:alt]

Then just put a list of whichever mounts you want to use separated by commas after the castrandom conditionals. With the 255 character limit for macros it's not possible for it to randomly cast any mount from your entire collection, but you'll be able to have a list of many. This will automatically cast flyable or ground depending on if it's allowed or you can force it to cast ground mount by holding Alt.

If you want even more mounts there is a workaround you can try. Create 2 Macros. One for your mount button and another for the top left action button #1.

Mount Button
/click [flyable][nomod] MultiBarBottomLeftButton1
/stopmacro [flyable][nomod]
/castrandom

Top Left Action Button #1
/castrandom

Once again create a list of the mounts you want to use separated by commas. Doing it this way will allow you to make your list longer before hitting the 255 character limit. Put the ground mounts in the top macro and flying in the bottom. You can inverse that if you like, just remember to change the [flyable] and [nomod] tags.
Edited by Mitimem on 12/4/2012 11:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I just jumped onto the game to test the macro idea and it had a couple problems. Here's a solution that is working.

Mount Button
/dismount
/click [noflyable][mod:alt] MultiBarBottomLeftButton1
/stopmacro [mod:alt]
/click MultiBarBottomLeftButton2

Then just make a /castrandom macros for the top left action bar buttons #1 and #2. #1 being the ground mounts.

You can of course put those mount macros on any action button, you just need to know the name of it and put it in the macro.
Edited by Mitimem on 12/4/2012 11:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
84 Pandaren Monk
Excellent - thank you very much I'll try that :)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Also, if you want an addon I know healbot works.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
If you use Livestock to select your random mount, it has 3 keybinds available: "Random Land Mount", "Random Flying Mount", and "Random Smart Mount" (which selects based on whether you can fly or not in that zone).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]