Disc priests getting MORE buffs?

45 Night Elf Druid
Read this on MMO champion today... please tell me I'm wrong. I know Disc is lacking in PvP, but in PvE... c'mon Blizz, you can't be serious? Unless I'm completely wrong, and disc priests DO need the help, but based on what I've seen... I HIGHLY doubt that. Le sigh. Holy priests need the help, and druids a little bit as well. Aie aie aie.

Question- "Ok im really curious when you will fix disc priests in pvp we are completely broken mana, healing, and so on."

Blue Response- "Talking about it. I think we've finally been convinced that Disc is a little low (in PvP and PvE).

Question- "In what way do you think disc is low GC?"

Blue Response- "We're looking at Rapture mana and Divine Aegis as Disc-oriented ways to give them across the board buffs. "

Oblivious much Blizzard? It's like you intentionally try to alienate and ignore certain healing classes and specs, and make them the redheaded stepchildren of each expansion. Can we for once not have one or two healing specs that ridiculously outshine the others in PvE? DISC PRIESTS ARE FINE IN PVE. Please leave them alone.

Edited: I'm a derp. These changes have already been put into the game... BUT HEY! Do you blame me for freaking out? Could you imagine if disc priests were getting another buff in the next patch? I haven't slept all night, and read that... completely ignoring the Nov 3rd time stamp. My bad!
Edited by Riddell on 11/24/2012 7:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Rapture and DA buff? Didn't that happen already weeks ago?
Reply Quote
45 Night Elf Druid
I thought that too, but this was apparently a Q and A answered by GC recently... read this on www.MMO-champion.com yesterday so I can only assume those aren't the buffs they already implemented.
Edited by Riddell on 11/24/2012 6:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
You forgot to look at the footnote right beside what you read that says "(Source - Nov 3)."

The buffs he's talking about were the ones already hotfixed.
Reply Quote
45 Night Elf Druid
Basically my post still rings true. There are classes that really need the help. Take for instance Holy priests... why did Disc priests get a hotfix nerf that brought them to the front of the pack? God forbid they have to wait with the rest of us for 5.1 to hit to address our problems.

As much as people are saying that certain classes aren't *that* bad (cough cough holy priests, and resto druids in 25's) ... we do deserve some tweaking to be competitive.(and I don't even know if the buffs they're making to holy will make that much of a difference)

Why do Disc priests get to have their cake and eat it too? Why do they get instant gratification? Why does Blizzard continue to say that certain classes/specs are fine, when they're obviously not. I just for once.. want us to more or less be equal in terms of healing. To bring the player, not the class. I hate always feeling like a couple classes are going to be favored when raids are choosing their healers.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
It's funny honestly. Just look up ranks and I mean top world ranks.

Zor'lok 25m H Here they rule 9/10 top world ranks

#1 Arnymacsek Grim Funeral EU-Twisting Nether 66087

Zor'lok 10m H

#4 Sundo Freak me Out EU-Arak-arahm 50336

Garalon 25m H
#37 Stronzium Set Sail for Fail EU-Nathrezim 135498

Garalon 10m H (Pallys a bit stronger here but not by much)

#57 Puhmii Eleven EU-Onyxia 90598

I could go on but one class that is absent from all these top ranks (in some cases many pages back) are resto druids.

People who say druids are 'fine' are smoking crack. Yeah we can and do heal any raid but at a slight disadvantage. Why take a mediocre druid when you can use a more throughput burst class that clearly out performs any druid on all raid encounters instead?

People QQ'd to no end when by WOL alone they shouted for our WildGrowth nerf and they succeeded. Even druids were calling for the nerf. Now I hear nothing but "Logs don't matter...". They mattered when it wasn't their class topping the logs.

We can't compete. Our tool-kit while great is sub-standard. We're sniped at every turn with real burst and most of our heals (slow applied HOTS) are relegated to OH. We all know it's true.

I'll go on raiding, I've played most classes in raids so I know how it is to top and lag behind. That's the nature of the beast called WorldofWarcraft. Hopefully GC gets off Twitter and starts really looking at the REAL deficiencies in the game. Druids are well known for minimizing our issues.

WM need a fix. WG needs a fix. Fix these two items and we'll be in the game once again. Until then we'll struggle to compete. This is ignoring Nourish and Healing Touch which have become somewhat a bane for restos.

And for the record I'm always happy with buffs to healing classes - this helps everyone and we all know disc priests were hurting.
Edited by Moophious on 11/24/2012 7:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
45 Night Elf Druid
Basically, in my opinion, what it comes down to is that the people on the top want to continue being on the top. They're not going to recognize the plights of the classes/specs going through this tier feeling worthless as a healer. Which is funny because most of them...they've been at the bottom too! They know what it's like! God forbid Blizzard evens the playing field, and gives these currently underpowered classes buffs and the chance to give them a run for their money.

From all that I've read on these forums regarding underpowered healing classes is "!@#$, you're fine!" Shamans... you've been there. If anything you should be siding with the healers that aren't up to par. You were the same way for most of Cataclysm! There are certain classes right now that aren't as competitive, and all I ask is that you recognize that. Stop telling us we're fine, because we're not. We may not be so bad that no one will bring us to a raid ever... however, we are not the classes people are going to turn to first to bring into a progression oriented raid group.
Reply Quote
45 Night Elf Druid
And agreed on the disc buff... they needed a little love. My main issue is why implement it in a hot fix? Now they seem to never run out of mana... it's crazy. Give it some time on the test servers to make sure you're not making too powerful of a buff.
Edited by Riddell on 11/24/2012 7:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Basically last tier druids were fine after everyone cleared the content. Prior to raid nerfs most top guilds switched their druids out for heroic spine+madness. Remember this was after the WG nerf.

We haven't changed from that time. MoP didn't add anything to druids in terms of competing. Wildshroons looked fantastic in beta but live became something we use only on stacked fights or when low on mana and they don't heal for as much as they should. Blizz didn't want us to use them in place of other AoE spells. Well it's simple really - they should have addressed the spells we already had and fixed them - not add another mediocre spell to somehow fit into out too-kit.
Reply Quote
45 Night Elf Druid
Well reading more of Ghostcrawler's Tweets, I'm going to take a wild guess, and say druids won't be seeing any love for 5.1. They simply don't care that you're hurting as a healer. They're just going to put their fingers in their ears, as usual, and say "la la la... everything's fine". Guess what Blizzard? It's not, they're not. Please recognize this, and don't make druids and holy priests the lackluster, bring if you can't get anything else healers of this expansion.

We're putting our problems with these healing classes out there, now address them. Don't pretend like they're not there. It's not a good feeling to know that the class I have leveled, and loved is being ignored even though there are glaring issues in sight.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I went back to disc, I'm happy with it. Haters gonna hate.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
GhostCrawler. You know during the 'OMG DRUIDS ARE SO OP LOOK AT ALL THE LOGS!" he actually argued in our favor saying that Tranquility had a lot to do with 'inflated' numbers and he was correct to a point.

But the real issue was not that WG was too strong - it was too strong compared to other healer's output. So what did he do? He gave in and nerfed it while buffing other classes.

So when DS came out and prior to raid nerfs, we actually would have been more competitive if he had not given in to the constant whining. Blizzard's logic boggles my mind at times.

This merry-go-round and constant spell tinkering is a royal pain in the !@#$. I understand 'fine-tuning' but most of us have to re-learn our classes on major patches. Of course 5.1 won't be a concern at least for druids - monks on the other hand might see a 'buff' rotflmao.
Reply Quote
Were disc priests over-buffed? Yes. Is holy getting a fix to its mana issues? No, a band-aid throughput increase is not the proper way to go about fixing mana issues. It only serves to shut up the vocal (masses?) of) meter !@#$%s who have to be on top, and are willing to deal with the other problems if they can be on top.
Reply Quote
45 Night Elf Druid
@Ocyla

That's a very selfish outlook, and I hope for your sake your preferred healing spec doesn't get nerfed into the ground. I always feel for the classes that are struggling, because I know that it really does suck. I'm not one of those people who will hop around to play FOTM healers, I like what I play, and I want my class/spec to be a viable one.

:P
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
All healing specs are viable.

Discs were overbuffed because they were complaining in terrible gear as if it was the last patch in an expac. Disc always scaled well with gear, just the way it has worked for a while now. The sky is not falling, when druids get the regen to blanket rejuv tied with the upcoming monk nerfs everything will be very equal.
Reply Quote
45 Night Elf Druid
I'm done with the "sky is not falling" comment everyone seems to throw around. If it were YOUR healing spec in this situation, you'd be reacting the same. I'm sorry to say that blanketing rejuvenation, is NOT the answer we're looking for.

As I recall, discipline priests were complaining about issues with their class and feeling underpowered, and now when we're calling out the problems with OUR class, we're overreacting. Ridiculous.
Reply Quote
Smart people playing Discipline were complaining more about their major cds not working together (archangel and spirit shell) which lowered their output significantly, as well has having a large amount of timers to manage. Most of us who know how to do math™ knew that output/regen buffs were not the real fix, but they are the easy fixes that the devs decided to put in. Most of us are expecting nerfs to this down the line due to how ridiculous disc is right now in the first tier of the expansion, and it can only get more ridiculous with better gear. Only idiots who don't really look into how their class is working said that disc was underpowered to the extent that would warrant such a huge buff to throughput and regen.

Holy was (and still is) struggling regen wise, a fact that will be slightly covered up by the upcoming chakra stance buffs.

Druids are struggling due to mechanics, not throughput. But, most likely, it will be addressed with a band-aid throughput buff after a tweaking to mushrooms, since that is a spell that the devs have said they want to look at.

Finally, if you are healing with healers that will snipe your rejuv when a target is not in danger of dying, you are healing with idiots.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
11/24/2012 09:47 AMPosted by Alifer
Most of us are expecting nerfs to this down the line due to how ridiculous disc is right now in the first tier of the expansion, and it can only get more ridiculous with better gear.

Yeah, this.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
As Alifer pointed out, Disc Priests didn't ask for the buff to be given in this manner. We asked for mechanical fixes. Some of them ended up happening (they hotfixed Archangel to work WITH Spirit Shell, and they hotfixed Inner Focus to also work with Spirit Shell). However, they felt our mana was too weak (it was very, very, VERY weak) and our throughput was too low to handle incoming damage. I can attest that I felt quite helpless the first two weeks of the expansion when there was incoming damage. The Resto Druid and Holy Paladin in my group could handle it, but I could not.

Were the buffs over the top? I suspect they were. But what I don't get is all these people screaming, "DISC WAS JUST FINE, THEY JUST WHINED FOR BUFFS."

Disc wasn't just fine. Disc was being sat. Go Holy or go home, because Disc can't keep up and their CD's are too clunky.

Holy is getting buffs in 5.1. They're not being left behind, and while I still think those buffs aren't the right ones, they are what they are (as is the case with Disc's buffs).

Like I said in another thread, there is no one single pie of buffs that dictates that if one class or spec gets a buff, your ability to get needed buffs is materially lessened. Your slice of the pie is still just as big. Stop being a brat.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It's funny honestly. Just look up ranks and I mean top world ranks.

Zor'lok 25m H Here they rule 9/10 top world ranks

#1 Arnymacsek Grim Funeral EU-Twisting Nether 66087

Zor'lok 10m H

#4 Sundo Freak me Out EU-Arak-arahm 50336

Garalon 25m H
#37 Stronzium Set Sail for Fail EU-Nathrezim 135498

Garalon 10m H (Pallys a bit stronger here but not by much)

#57 Puhmii Eleven EU-Onyxia 90598

I could go on but one class that is absent from all these top ranks (in some cases many pages back) are resto druids.

People who say druids are 'fine' are smoking crack. Yeah we can and do heal any raid but at a slight disadvantage. Why take a mediocre druid when you can use a more throughput burst class that clearly out performs any druid on all raid encounters instead?

People QQ'd to no end when by WOL alone they shouted for our WildGrowth nerf and they succeeded. Even druids were calling for the nerf. Now I hear nothing but "Logs don't matter...". They mattered when it wasn't their class topping the logs.

We can't compete. Our tool-kit while great is sub-standard. We're sniped at every turn with real burst and most of our heals (slow applied HOTS) are relegated to OH. We all know it's true.

I'll go on raiding, I've played most classes in raids so I know how it is to top and lag behind. That's the nature of the beast called WorldofWarcraft. Hopefully GC gets off Twitter and starts really looking at the REAL deficiencies in the game. Druids are well known for minimizing our issues.

WM need a fix. WG needs a fix. Fix these two items and we'll be in the game once again. Until then we'll struggle to compete. This is ignoring Nourish and Healing Touch which have become somewhat a bane for restos.

And for the record I'm always happy with buffs to healing classes - this helps everyone and we all know disc priests were hurting.

You realize that those ranks came after the hotfixed buffs? I don't understand what the problem is with Disc ranking. Are we just not allowed to be as good of healers as everyone else?

Yeah, Resto Druids are hurting. Past a very few loud, often angry-seeming posters, no one has denied that. I don't see why pointing at Disc and saying, "They're too OP" would help your case. And if you honestly think Disc was hurting, why do you begrudge them getting attention?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]