A Random Act of Kindness: Syrely

55 Troll Death Knight
Not much to contribute here. But it's nice to hear someone else who is making it a personal responsibility to improve their server. You do hear alot of horror stories about people on this game, though in my experience, all those types are common place across most MMOs/Online games. But you can always make it a personal quest of yours to improve the community. This is one small way you can and I am sure that every person who this person helped, will remember that for the rest of their time playing this game.

On my home server, I just kind of watch Trade chat sometimes and if someone asks a question, noobish or not and gets trolled. I'll send them a whisper and politely and honestly answer the question, as well as provide any other information they may require.

Leveling my Goblin Priest, I actually offered alot of the groups I was healing for, any and all advice/answers about their class they wanted. (I'm pro', lol. I can heal and talk at once! Kidding, healing while leveling is easy when you've been healing for awhile anyway on other characters.)

*Blink* Speaking of that. My Goblin Priest is on Moon Guard. Hah. Been liking the community on that server, that's for sure. Cheers to Moon Guard.
Edited by Zouma on 11/24/2012 10:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/24/2012 04:13 PMPosted by Mogumi
My friend..what you see in people, is more often than not, what you expect to find :)

I like that old man.

I wanna be like him.

You mean a hypocritical and quite possibly insane old fool?

A man of changeable opinions will never know his own mind.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
/cheer
/liked
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
11/24/2012 03:18 PMPosted by Daisycutter
I love reading this kind of story!

Aye. People like this are like a ray of sunlight in a sea of darkness.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Glad to know that amidst all the bad things, some people find charity a part of their gaming experience.

Being a good player is more than having the best gear, or knowing all the mechanics, sometimes, by something as simple as telling that someone new how to do that quest can end in a friendship and an even better gaming experience.

/salute
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
You mean a hypocritical and quite possibly insane old fool?

A man of changeable opinions will never know his own mind.

It was a moral tale, ya wombat.

Sheesh...:p
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
When I was leveling my tailoring I gave away a boatload of mageweave bags in the starting zones as well, but that was probably back in WotLK at some point. I tend to give away low-level greens to aspiring enchanters, as well, 'cause I think most people that have leveled enchanting know how much that process sucks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Well, this inspired me to sit in low level zones and hand out bags and 5gold to new players to get them on there road
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
In my 3 years of play I have only had one encounter like this, back when I first started and hit 80. It has only been the worse for me since then.

I personally will not pass out gold or items anymore to low levels because I have found majority of them are just people on alts begging for gold. Sad, really.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
That player is like the north star, always helping people on their adventures.

/HighPaw

The Fist of the North Star, you mean. That man helps the world on it's adventures rotating around the sun.

/atatatatatatatatatatatatata
Reply Quote
92 Tauren Warrior
It is nice to see a ray of light for your experience within the game.

I find my experience to be similar to how you said it. It is rare to actually see the negative elements within my time. Most of the time, people are neutral. Usually just pass the person by. They won't bother you if you don't bother them. They'll scratch your back if you scratch there's. This could be why the negative elements and positive elements are noticed more since these acts are not as common.

For my acts of kindness, it tends to be assisting people who have pulled more than they can handle on occasion. I think about a month ago, a lot of grain sprites were mauling a gnome mage and I took aggro to save her. I have also sent whispers to new players on trade chat when they only got troll responses. I haven't made Netherweave bags though since I tend to keep an army of alts up. I like being flexible on roles.
Edited by Tigore on 11/25/2012 2:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
11/25/2012 12:53 AMPosted by Sparkydogs
Well, this inspired me to sit in low level zones and hand out bags and 5gold to new players to get them on there road

Same! I have like 20ish Netherweave Bags that I haven't been able to sell before MoP came out so I'll go pass them out to lowbies. Maybe with 10g. :)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Oh my god. Please encourage people to do this, Blizz. Add some achievements to giving stuff away. Like if you give away enough stuff then you can earn a title like "the Giver" or something. Every item you trade someone without them giving you gold, earns you credit towards the title. No idea really how you would track it though, people would probably just pass stuff back and forth to game the achievement counter.
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin
Anyone else notice that female tauren are usually played by the nicest people around?
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Druid
One time I was ganking in STV when I came across a fellow ganker from my realm. He was flying past a lot of lowbies without seeing them, so I gave him some Blackened Worg Steak. He was very thankful, and it increased his slaughter efficiency by a large margin.

Now I often hand out steaks to gankers I see.

ROFL oh man ilu
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
seems like a bunch of women folk in here
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
11/25/2012 02:08 AMPosted by Etch
Anyone else notice that female tauren are usually played by the nicest people around?

Tauren's are played by nice people.
Reply Quote
44 Human Hunter
This is one of the nicest things I've heard in game in a long while. Maybe one day our paths will cross and I'll be able to do something nice for you. :)
Reply Quote
91 Human Mage
There will be times when I have some spare cloth or mats and will give them to people who ask, free of charge. I really do like hearing this as it makes my faith in the MMO world restored. :)
Reply Quote
45 Gnome Warlock
11/25/2012 04:13 AMPosted by Seenøevil

Tauren's are played by nice people.

Not always, unfortunately. I know some real pieces of work that give other Tauren a bad name.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]