When did the nerf to enveloping mists happen?

90 Human Priest
Ok, so was reading through the patch notes while waiting for the download to complete and stumbled across the following:

The healing provided by Enveloping Mists has been reduced by 32%

Seriously? Monk tank healing is so godly that our one good st heal needed a 32% nerf?

Also, still no mention in the patch notes of any change to ascension.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
To the Ground!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Considering Monks have no "small heal low mana" heal we don't need this much nerf reduction -.- our soothing mist allready costs 3k mana per tick, lasting for 7 seconds. 21k mana for one channeld heal? No thanks.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
The ascension change isn't in the patch notes, but I'm pretty sure it will be there, since it was in the PTR client all the way up until release, as far as I know. Its not like the patch notes get pulled from the game data, whoever wrote the notes probably overlooked it.

As for soothing mists, it got significant buffs (mana cost reduction, increased chi generation) so that it serves better as a filler/small heal.
Reply Quote
Ok, so was reading through the patch notes while waiting for the download to complete and stumbled across the following:

The healing provided by Enveloping Mists has been reduced by 32%

Seriously? Monk tank healing is so godly that our one good st heal needed a 32% nerf?

Also, still no mention in the patch notes of any change to ascension.

Where did you see this change? I can't find it in the 5.1 patch notes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
11/27/2012 11:26 AMPosted by Flutterdash
Where did you see this change? I can't find it in the 5.1 patch notes.

Open the launcher, click the patch notes button (or read as patch is downloading), scroll down to classes / monk, it is between Stance of fierce tiger movement increase and healing provided by healing sphere base spell increased by 20%
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Tested in-game, tooltip still says 180k-194k over 6ish, actual results: 7*18.1=~127k

but it has a new icon!!!
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Pandaren Monk
HC
This perplexes me.

What's the point of our 4-Piece now?
Edited by Staccato on 11/27/2012 12:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
This perplexes me.

What's the point of our 4-Piece now?

It's obviously there to taunt you.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Pandaren Monk
HC
11/27/2012 12:47 PMPosted by Tiriél

lol
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/27/2012 01:01 PMPosted by Staccato

lol

What? >.> I AM CONVINCED! Somewhere, a sneaky dev is currently laughing all the way to the bank that they've managed to give y'all a semi-pointless set bonus.

Actually, was Enveloping Mists really an issue? o_O
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Really blizzard team have no idea what rhey are doing nerfed aoe healing really hard but saying eould improve single target, now 32% nerf to our only one good single target healing spell? Wtf really we were getting already a huge nerf, now this one more? Blizzard really what do you want? To eliminate monk healing class? Just delete mistweaver spec so its easier
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
It's a nerf for Tsulong and normal Will, I guess? It's not like it was a spell we used very often, since Tank healing was already a monk's weakest healing role. The well thought out nerf to Renewing Mist is actually a bigger detriment, but is actually appropriate to bring our raid healing in line.

I think some stupid developer saw the 50% bonus to haste from items and said 'oh crap, we need to drop Enveloping Mists to compensate,' since you know... +50% haste from items is clearly a 50% increase in Enveloping Mists output (it's not). Then they checked this in at the last minute without getting it reviewed by anyone who understands math.

Our set bonuses completely suck anyway...
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
I wouldn't be surprised if it's a bug related to them dropping it to level 16 from 34 when we get it. They probably broke the scaling on it.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
If they put it in the patch notes, I doubt it's a bug...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'm going to go out on a limb and say this might be a PvP related nerf.

There was no way my guild would have me on tank heals when we have a Holy Paladin for that role. I can't think of any situation other than PvP....or 5 man dungeons where EM would play a significant part of monk healing.
Reply Quote
7 Night Elf Druid
I'm going to go out on a limb and say this might be a PvP related nerf.

There was no way my guild would have me on tank heals when we have a Holy Paladin for that role. I can't think of any situation other than PvP....or 5 man dungeons where EM would play a significant part of monk healing.

monk getting pvp nerfs given their current state is laughable.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
so our AOE healing nerf wasnt enough they nerfed our spot healing as well?? wow monks healing gonna be crap now time to play my pally
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
HC
11/27/2012 06:44 PMPosted by Spinline
so our AOE healing nerf wasnt enough they nerfed our spot healing as well?? wow monks healing gonna be crap now time to play my pally

Wrong
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]