Exploring Azeroth alone...and what to do!

100 Tauren Warrior
Ever just sit in a city and think you have absolutely nothing to do? Or you are just plain bored but actually never set out and explored Azeroth? You would be suprised that there is actually a lot of cool and interesting things out there. I remember seeing the gates to Uldum way back in the day and I always was curious to what was behind those doors. Where did this place go to? What was the story behind it?...and seeing Grim Batol for the first time and reading about its dark dark history and things like this made me fall in love with the game more. I like to see them as Easter Eggs...so lets get started!

Cool Sites in Azeroth:

The Barrens - The Shrine of the Fallen Warrior, this used to be a Blizzard employee that passed away and they honored him by making this shrine of the same exact replica of his character in 2004. Say a good word for him as you pass by.

Dun Morogh - Just west of Gnomergan there lies a HUGE plain of snow, can make for a beautiful view when the sun sets.

Badlands - Just below Dustwind Dig is a Conan the Barbarian type of reference. You will notice a hole in the ground that takes you to an underground kingdom with maybe the remains of what was an ancient King? (Remember Conan falling between the boulders to get away from the dogs?) Check this place out , it's pretty neat.

Eastern Trisfal Glades - HERE LIES INVINCIBLE...well not anymore, but this was Arthas' noble steed he used before becoming the Lich King, after he became the Lich King he rose Invincible from the dead to become his Undead steed. (hence the empty grave now)

Duskwood - From Duskwood going into Deadwind Pass there is a couple HUGE statues that is called Beggars Haunt, whoever is laying in that grave is someone very very important, but Blizzard never done anything with it...maybe a "Blue" could help us out with this one but its still a cool place to check out just because of the mysterious awesome grave that this person "deserved". Who could this grave belong to?

Stormwind Harbor - Newman’s Landing is a random little area north of SW Harbor. Just grab someone with waterwalking and run or fly if you can. It has a little dock, a house, and 2 goblin NPCs. One of which sells the basic Eng mats. The house is a mess with skellys and stuff all over. Apparently if you stand there you can see lvl 1s pop up for a second. This is the 1st place the are made and are ported to their starting area’s. It’s so fast you wont notice as the lvl one, but you can if you stand there. It would fit, “new mans landing”.

Mulgore - Just east of Thunder Bluff is the grave of the late and great Cairne Bloodhoof that was recently killed by "accident" by Garrosh Hellscream.

Ashenvale - Far eastern Ashenvale lies the remains of Grom Hellscream, father of Garrosh Hellscream, Grom helped the Orcs seperate from their "bloodlust ways" back in Warcraft 3 by defeating Mannoroth, I think it's time for Garrosh to go visit his ole Dads grave.

Old Quel’Thalas - How to get there? Run up past Scarlet Monestary and run north. It’s a long trip. For people who don’t know lore this is the “place” the bloodelves come from. In WoW now it consists of The 2 BE starting zones and the Isle. I guess they just made this area a part of it. There is a broken elven tower, a ruined moonwell, and an elven dock all here though they all match night elves over BEs. Was this what Blizz 1st decided to do in Pre-BC for the belfs? Who knows. It’s way out of the way and left to ruin now.

Nagrand - Just north of Garadar up in the air is an island of a dead man and apples laying everywhere. Simple but sweet.

Nagrand - Nesingwary Safari there is a plane with snakes on it, Blizz's lil joke of "Snakes on a Plane". Still very worthy of checking out.

Nagrand/Zangarmarsh - Just at the border of these zones is a place with a Troll outside that is holding an orphanage? Go inside the hut and see the lil babies.

Western Plaguelands - Southwest of Scholomance is the grave site of Uther, the Superior Paladin to Arthas. I am suprised this grave is so far away from SW but oh well its still neat to check out.

Dragons of Nightmare - Well that's what they used to be called, but they are scattered all over Azeroth..in Ashenvale, Feralas, few other places but the thing that interested me the most was the "portals" behind them..was Blizz gonna use these for the Emerald Dream?

Netherstorm - At the southern part of Netherstorm there is an abandoned ship just floating around...and also a "ghost alliance city".

But that just about wraps up things with me, cause there are ENDLESS things to do as far as site seeing..maybe you got a cool spot to share?

EDIT: I will keep updating these over time for your exploring needs.
Edited by Kilrathi on 11/27/2012 11:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
97 Draenei Shaman
Going to add one to your list here. It's over in Twilight Highlands, over by the entrance to Grim Batol in over on the western part of the zone. Fly just west of the entrance and you'll find a steep cliff, looking over the Wetlands. It's a really nice sight to behold around sunset with your graphics turned up.

I'll see if I can find a screenshot of it.

EDIT: Well, I think this is before I upgraded to my GT560 but gives you a good idea of the spot.

http://i.imgur.com/XQObt.jpg
Edited by Krsnik on 11/27/2012 8:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
Going to add one to your list here. It's over in Twilight Highlands, over by the entrance to Grim Batol in over on the western part of the zone. Fly just west of the entrance and you'll find a steep cliff, looking over the Wetlands. It's a really nice sight to behold around sunset with your graphics turned up.

I'll see if I can find a screenshot of it.

EDIT: Well, I think this is before I upgraded to my GT560 but gives you a good idea of the spot.

http://i.imgur.com/XQObt.jpg

Thats awesome.
Reply Quote
97 Draenei Shaman
With the new patch, people are now able to enter raids by them selves. With this being the case, I'd also have to recommend heading down to uldum and into the raid instance known as Throne of the Four Winds.

The entire raid zone is something straight out of Arabian fantasy tales and the best part is that if you can find some people to clear it, you can fly around in it!

http://i.imgur.com/f2bv8.jpg
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]