Landfall = Forced PvP on PvE Realms?

(Locked)

100 Worgen Priest
Is this a bug? These PvE quests for PvE rep loot purchased with PvE valor are flagging everyone for PvP, on a PvE realm.
100 Human Paladin
MoP is the ex-pac where you get to decide how you want to play the game...right?
100 Blood Elf Hunter
11/27/2012 01:01 PMPosted by Probability
Is this a bug? These PvE quests for PvE rep loot purchased with PvE valor are flagging everyone for PvP, on a PvE realm.

Must be your realm then. I just finished all the D/O dailies and wasn't flagged once. Unless it's a quest (similar to the 3 towers in Outlands)
100 Troll Hunter
Only time I got flagged was when I accidently targetted and attacked a flagged Ally. Tab target, staring at npc, start attacking....wtf? he's not....ohhh! Switch target, kill npc, fly up to do helicopter quest (Ally hides lol), drop flag, no other problems flagging the entire quest chain. As long as you don't do like me and attack an Ally who is flagged, you will be ok.
90 Pandaren Monk
I hope this isn't true, that makes no sense. I haven't PvPd at all this expansion and wasn't planning on doing any.
34 Pandaren Monk
Great,, Now as long as they CRZ the wilds we are all set. Nothing feels better than swoopin on a pve quester in full pvp gear and doing Wan tahoo Thureee.

How many ganks does it take to get to the tootise roll center of a pve player??? The world my never know.
85 Goblin Shaman
There are guards and flak cannons that will flag you if they hit you, and naturally all members of the opposite faction are running around flagged, hoping to trick you into flagging.
90 Human Paladin
The Opposite faction NPCs tag you this it is definitely forced PVP. What is really disappointing is I really dislike pvp on this toon. If this is the way they were intended then forget these.
90 Human Rogue
Oh the QQ by tomorrow morning will be EPIC!
Community Manager
11/27/2012 01:01 PMPosted by Probability

When are you being flagged? The quest should not flag you. Flagging for PvP should be the same as always on a PvE realm. If you're accidentally attacking opposite faction guards, you will be flagged as always.
90 Pandaren Monk
It's the same QQ from the Children's Week PVP achieves, isn't it? Doesn't make it any less valid. I shouldn't have to PVP if I rolled on a PVE server.
100 Worgen Death Knight
It's the same QQ from the Children's Week PVP achieves, isn't it? Doesn't make it any less valid. I shouldn't have to PVP if I rolled on a PVE server.

The only Children's week achieve I ever wanted was the one they removed... I think it was called 'Once an orphan" where you had to kill the player of the opposing faction while they had their orphan out. Cruel.. perhaps.. but dang i wanted that oneleft in the game.
85 Goblin Shaman
11/27/2012 01:18 PMPosted by Nethaera

When are you being flagged? The quest should not flag you. Flagging for PvP should be the same as always on a PvE realm. If you're accidentally attacking opposite faction guards, you will be flagged as always.

The quests themselves do not flag you, but there are guards that will you hit them or they aggro you, and I saw flak cannons that I assume fire shots that flag you. Not to mention all the people from the other faction who are flagged in the hopes of getting hit and flagging you.

Dailies that offer VP and rep with a faction that sells PvE items should not be in an environment such as this.
90 Undead Mage
11/27/2012 01:20 PMPosted by Zhangu

Well, you don't. No landfall quests actually flag you. Just finished them all.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
11/27/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Tazror
Only time I got flagged was when I accidently targetted and attacked a flagged Ally. Tab target, staring at npc, start attacking....wtf? he's not....ohhh! Switch target, kill npc, fly up to do helicopter quest (Ally hides lol), drop flag, no other problems flagging the entire quest chain. As long as you don't do like me and attack an Ally who is flagged, you will be ok.

This right here would be nice to see addressed if possible:

If we are on a PvE realm, can it be made so tab-targetting/auto-target-on-cast functions IGNORE flagged enemies if we are not? I got no love for PvP at all, and given I play on a like 5:1 Alliance-favoured server... I want to avoid being flagged at all costs.
90 Pandaren Monk
I say they haven't done enough to encourage PvP. There should be more rewards for killing flagged opponents in this new area if they truly want a war.
Edited by Oshino on 11/27/2012 1:30 PM PST
85 Goblin Shaman
11/27/2012 01:29 PMPosted by Oshino
I say they haven't done enough to encourage PvP. There should be more rewards for killing flagged opponents in this new area if they truly want a war.

On a PvP server, they can encourage it all they want. On the PvE servers I choose to play on, I'd love for world PvP to become nonexistent.
100 Human Warlock
There are guards that seem to come out of nowhere and attack you and flag you...they have just flagged me 3 times in a row...I know it is qq...but I don't like PVP and am on a PVE server for a reason
100 Blood Elf Paladin
11/27/2012 01:28 PMPosted by Embral

Well, you don't. No landfall quests actually flag you. Just finished them all.

THey may not flag you, but when other people of the opposing faction intentionally flag cause it's shared questing areas, with alot of active combat ongoing, to get you flagged because the tab-targetting/auto-targetting functions in the game aren't the most robust, and flag you because of that, it isn't your choice.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]