Landfall = Forced PvP on PvE Realms?

(Locked)

90 Gnome Mage
11/27/2012 01:31 PMPosted by Izki
On a PvP server, they can encourage it all they want. On the PvE servers I choose to play on, I'd love for world PvP to become nonexistent.

This! I would pay double sub rates on both my accounts to have pvp gone entirely!
90 Human Priest
Oh my...a Rare that offers a highly wanted and difficult to obtain item and it appears that I have to do something special like pull it away from other mobs...poor you. Pfft.
90 Human Priest
This! I would pay double sub rates on both my accounts to have pvp gone entirely!

Funny cuz I would pay double to get rid of every gnome. Crazy right.
90 Draenei Shaman
11/28/2012 11:06 AMPosted by Magnata
On a PvP server, they can encourage it all they want. On the PvE servers I choose to play on, I'd love for world PvP to become nonexistent.

Agree with this 100%!

Take PvP and the virulent attitudes it draws to the game away.
90 Gnome Mage
11/28/2012 11:12 AMPosted by Mityaphrdite

Funny cuz I would pay double to get rid of every gnome. Crazy right.

hey someone talked me into playing one ages ago when gnome racials were good for mages Most of my toons are humans or trolls
90 Night Elf Death Knight
it auto flags me when ever go with in 10 yards of the big building in dominance point,and if i were to hit the non pvp'd npcs near there it will auto flag me even though they aerent pvp guards.
90 Dwarf Warrior
I was also flagged, unbeknownst to me, while simply killing the Heavy Mooks and Orcs for the kill-count quests. All of a sudden, my health started falling off in chunks, and there was a purple beam hitting me from somewhere off my screen. A Horde shadow priest was dropping mind flay, and I had no reason to believe that I was flagged and susceptible to an attack from another player.

Something is not right, and needs to be re-evaluated. I have not enjoyed PvP in this game since vanilla, and VERY rarely engage in only the odd battleground here and there with guild members, or for holiday achievements. I do not want to PvP - don't force me to do so in order to complete your PvE content.
90 Orc Hunter
If you are a pve player who is unaware of pvp rules, stay out of the enemy base to do your dailies and you will never risk being flagged.

If you get into the enemy base and if you do not know what you are doing and what kind of actions, positioning will flag you than you risk being flagged and getting killed.

Yesterday, I ddi the dailies on both faction and did not even get flagged once unless i wanted to.
14 Night Elf Hunter
11/27/2012 02:11 PMPosted by Zaero
It's either the Flak Cannons or just flying too close to the opposite "base" flagging Alliance players, I didn't get flagged killing any enemies at all for the quests but while in flight form and searching for crates to loot, it auto-flagged me from one of those two things, I just assumed I flew too close to their base but the Flak Cannons were aiming at me the entire time, something flagged me while looting the supply crates though.

That could be the problem right there. Because my priest got flagged twice yesterday trying to find the crates. There really should be more around.
90 Dwarf Warrior
11/27/2012 01:18 PMPosted by Nethaera
Is this a bug? These PvE quests for PvE rep loot purchased with PvE valor are flagging everyone for PvP, on a PvE realm.

When are you being flagged? The quest should not flag you. Flagging for PvP should be the same as always on a PvE realm. If you're accidentally attacking opposite faction guards, you will be flagged as always.
As others have said, either the Kor-kron Elite or the Flak Cannons will flag you when they attack you. I've been flagged several times while mounted, simply flying into the wrong part of the Horde area. Is this intended for PVE realms? I thought we weren't supposed to get flagged unless we made the conscious choice to attack a flagged player or NPC or go into an opposing capital?
14 Night Elf Hunter
If you are a pve player who is unaware of pvp rules, stay out of the enemy base to do your dailies and you will never risk being flagged.

If you get into the enemy base and if you do not know what you are doing and what kind of actions, positioning will flag you than you risk being flagged and getting killed.

Yesterday, I ddi the dailies on both faction and did not even get flagged once unless i wanted to.

And how are we doing to do the quests then? There are not enough enemies outside the base and the crates are inside too.
Community Manager
Thanks for everyone's feedback on this issue. These quests are supposed to encourage PvP, but remain PvE friendly, so the more information we can gather regarding what might still be flagging players is helpful. The following hotfixes have already been implemented:

• Players are no longer flagged for PvP combat when engaging Lieutenant Ethan Jacobson.
  • Players are no longer flagged for PvP combat when engaging Chief Engineer Cogswrench.
  • Getting in combat with NPCs in Domination Point will no longer cause guards to assist them.
  • Removed Kor’kron Elite near a quest objective.

Obviously, some of you still seem to be getting flagged inappropriately. If you are still being flagged incorrectly, we'd like to address it.

It will help us investigate if those of you still experiencing issues could please let us know what exactly you were doing when you were flagged.
87 Pandaren Monk
11/28/2012 11:13 AMPosted by Niialuna

Agree with this 100%!

Take PvP and the virulent attitudes it draws to the game away.

I agree completely also!
Pvp players always end up being trash with trash attitudes. I would LOVE to find a current game with ZERO pvp!
87 Pandaren Monk
Thanks for everyone's feedback on this issue. These quests are supposed to encourage PvP, but remain PvE friendly, so the more information we can gather regarding what might still be flagging players is helpful. The following hotfixes have already been implemented:

• Players are no longer flagged for PvP combat when engaging Lieutenant Ethan Jacobson.
  • Players are no longer flagged for PvP combat when engaging Chief Engineer Cogswrench.
  • Getting in combat with NPCs in Domination Point will no longer cause guards to assist them.
  • Removed Kor’kron Elite near a quest objective.

Obviously, some of you still seem to be getting flagged inappropriately. If you are still being flagged incorrectly, we'd like to address it.

It will help us investigate if those of you still experiencing issues could please let us know what exactly you were doing when you were flagged.

Why in hades would you WANT to encourage pvp on pve servers?
Did it ever cross your mind that most of the players on pve servers choose those servers to avoid pvp?
90 Tauren Shaman
11/27/2012 01:05 PMPosted by Mattrose
MoP is the ex-pac where you get to decide how you want to play the game...right?

Yes, you are correct.
90 Night Elf Druid
11/28/2012 12:49 PMPosted by Okamie
Why in hades would you WANT to encourage pvp on pve servers?

I think encourage PvP in general by having both factions in the same place, but not force it, so those PvE folks can stay unflagged and still complete their questing.
90 Tauren Shaman

And how are we doing to do the quests then? There are not enough enemies outside the base and the crates are inside too.

You can decide not to do them until the issue is fixed. Simple solution.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
You know Blizzard caters to a large audience with diverse interests. The main reason I picked up WoW in the first place was because I like the online play from the WCIII RTS game. If you're on a PvE server, you are not forced to PvP, as Daxx has already stated, that auto-flagging was was hotfixed.

If PvP didn't exist in WoW, I would have never picked it up. It's about perspective, a lot of players, though obviously not the majority, do a lot of PvP. Taking that away would be a horrible idea. And this is what I find so frustrating. You don't hear PvP players saying that PvE should go away entirely. It's a participatory thing, if you wanna do it you can. If not, you don't have to.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]