Landfall = Forced PvP on PvE Realms?

(Locked)

1 Undead Warrior

Agree with this 100%!

Take PvP and the virulent attitudes it draws to the game away.

I agree completely also!
Pvp players always end up being trash with trash attitudes. I would LOVE to find a current game with ZERO pvp!

your brilliant reply (of paining the entire pvp community as such), goes to show just how positive PVE players are! good job!
Edited by Dwadawdaw on 11/28/2012 1:16 PM PST
Thanks for everyone's feedback on this issue. These quests are supposed to encourage PvP, but remain PvE friendly, so the more information we can gather regarding what might still be flagging players is helpful. The following hotfixes have already been implemented:

• Players are no longer flagged for PvP combat when engaging Lieutenant Ethan Jacobson.
  • Players are no longer flagged for PvP combat when engaging Chief Engineer Cogswrench.
  • Getting in combat with NPCs in Domination Point will no longer cause guards to assist them.
  • Removed Kor’kron Elite near a quest objective.

Obviously, some of you still seem to be getting flagged inappropriately. If you are still being flagged incorrectly, we'd like to address it.

It will help us investigate if those of you still experiencing issues could please let us know what exactly you were doing when you were flagged.

Being flagged by flag tricking.

Sitting on or near quest objectives attempting to get people to mistakenly flag.
90 Human Paladin
11/27/2012 01:05 PMPosted by Mattrose
MoP is the ex-pac where you get to decide how you want to play the game...right?

I actually felt sorry for the developers when I heard them say that. The poor bastards don't even realize when their lying anymore.
90 Human Paladin
god forbid you have to stop backpeddling for one second and fight someone

Scrubs like you whiners make the game worse.
Bads.

Heaven forbid people not wanting to PVP on a Non PVP server
90 Human Paladin
god forbid you have to stop backpeddling for one second and fight someone. Scrubs like you whiners make the game worse. Bads.
Hello, dear. One question: would you say your opinion of pve only players is a popular one among pvp enthusiasts?
90 Undead Monk
Hello, dear. One question: would you say your opinion of pve only players is a popular one among pvp enthusiasts?

I'll field this one.
No.

I play on a PvP server. I enjoy it. Way less predictable. After 4 years of playing, this is what I was looking for. I was wondering how the PvE types would react to this latest developement; now I know.

It's a shame you can't see the fun to be had, but I respect your choice to play strictly PvE.
As it stands, there has been at least one Blue post regarding the issues that staunch PvE players are having.

I hope they can maintain the spirit of this new quest hub, while allowing you to play in the style you prefer.

Personally, I'm getting tired of PvE advocates labeling those of us that enjoy PvP as griefers or mouthbreathers. My opinion of those individuals drops with each syllable they utter.
For every PvPer that shoots his mouth off, there seems to be a PvEer ready to do the same.

Anyway. I'm loving the new hub. I hope you guys can enjoy it as well.

Later.
68 Pandaren Monk
11/27/2012 01:01 PMPosted by Probability
Is this a bug? These PvE quests for PvE rep loot purchased with PvE valor are flagging everyone for PvP, on a PvE realm.

You aren't forced to do them you weiner.
90 Troll Rogue
funny how flagging for pvp in pve realms is attacking guards.
90 Gnome Priest

Sitting on or near quest objectives attempting to get people to mistakenly flag.

This has always been a part of the game. Is Blizzard supposed to hold your hand make sure you're attacking the right target? Honestly if you're getting flagged because you hit a player of the opposite faction then it's entirely your own fault. Sure, it sucks since they're usually waiting around in pvp gear so they can get easy kills, but this isn't something Blizzard can really do anything about without changing the entire way pvp flagging works.

Just pay attention to what you're attacking and don't carelessly aoe. If you're not willing to take those steps then you have no real right to complain.

Obviously the random flagging from npcs was an issue and I'm glad it's fixed/being looked into.
Edited by Gnowammy on 11/28/2012 1:52 PM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm really enjoying the new quest hub and I'm not usually one to enjoy quests. I have one question though - how come some of the NPCs on both sides can be buffed and healed without a PvP flag, while others can't receive friendly actions?

I can't help but feel the game would be so much more engaging if we could defend the rares so that while they're not PvP flagged, friendly players can buff and heal them - to make them more challenging and enjoyable.
90 Troll Death Knight
Why in hades would you WANT to encourage pvp on pve servers?
Did it ever cross your mind that most of the players on pve servers choose those servers to avoid pvp?

This sums up my feelings perfectly!

This expansion is all about us being "encouraged" to play the way you want, not how we want.
90 Draenei Priest
11/28/2012 01:46 PMPosted by Murkwood

I'll field this one.
No.

I play on a PvP server. I enjoy it. Way less predictable. After 4 years of playing, this is what I was looking for. I was wondering how the PvE types would react to this latest developement; now I know.

It's a shame you can't see the fun to be had, but I respect your choice to play strictly PvE.
As it stands, there has been at least one Blue post regarding the issues that staunch PvE players are having.

I hope they can maintain the spirit of this new quest hub, while allowing you to play in the style you prefer.

Personally, I'm getting tired of PvE advocates labeling those of us that enjoy PvP as griefers or mouthbreathers. My opinion of those individuals drops with each syllable they utter.
For every PvPer that shoots his mouth off, there seems to be a PvEer ready to do the same.

Anyway. I'm loving the new hub. I hope you guys can enjoy it as well.

Later.

Thanks for a good post. I was all set to launch into a tirade about PVP and you calmed me down.

I hate PVP, but the Landfall really wasn't too bad. I got killed once when I wandered into an area that I shouldn't have, and I did get flagged for attacking an Elite (I may have in doing so splashed a Horde player though so I can't swear I was improperly flagged). As PVP zones go, it reminded me of the ones in Grizzly Hills, which while not my favorites were at least tolerable. It'd be nice if we got Honor Points for the dailies like in Grizzly Hills, though.
90 Undead Rogue
11/28/2012 01:46 PMPosted by Murkwood
Personally, I'm getting tired of PvE advocates labeling those of us that enjoy PvP as griefers or mouthbreathers.
Sorry to hear you getting harshed so badly.

I'm a major PvE enthusiast. I've tried PvP bit it just doesn't fit. I'll give an example:

If I go to a music concert (alone or with others), I go for the music, the stage show... the art and entertainment. To me PvP (especially battlegrounds) is like the moshpit; mostly "king of the hill" types who just want to one-up each other, or those who consider it fun to deprive otehrs of fun. There's not much "meat" to it -- at least not from my view.

So I relegate myself to PvE. The new angle of "encouraging PvP" even on a PvE realm seems a little skewed to me, but I'm not in Blizz's boardroom or think-tanks helping decide what's "best". Those getting "tricked" or trapped into PvP are probably getting too close to where the PvP is happening. Give those areas a wide berth and there shouldn't be any problem.

I'll just avoid the PvP elements now introduced the way I generally avoid Auchindoun and its like in Outlands... Wintergrasp and its like in Northrend and Tol Barad and its like in Cata. It's just another variant of those... and completely optional on a PvE realm.
Why in hades would you WANT to encourage pvp on pve servers?Did it ever cross your mind that most of the players on pve servers choose those servers to avoid pvp?

You're misunderstanding the distinction between PvP and PvE servers. A PvE server isn't a server where there's no PvP, or where PvP is discouraged. It's a server where PvP is optional. When you want to engage in PvP, you can flag yourself. If you don't, you don't have to. A PvP server is a server where PvP is always on, unless you're in a sanctuary or have been in an uncontested zone for five or more minutes. Many players on PvE servers play on PvE servers not because they don't like PvP--there are many players on my PvE server who do PvP primarily--but because they want to have the option to turn it off when they're not in the mood for it.
Edited by Keeblik on 11/28/2012 2:07 PM PST
90 Worgen Hunter
Biggest issue i've seen is players running into you AoEing packs while they are falgged and getting hit. The guards right next to the horde keep kept aggroing me and I was finally forced to kill em but I knew I was going to be flagged for that one. Comming from a PVP server its not that big of an issue for me, annoying but not something I wasn't prepared for.
90 Goblin Priest
Pssh I wish they didn't hotfix it. I love the fact that people were flagged so I could WPvP for once.. even if its in a small area.
11/28/2012 02:06 PMPosted by Moonlyt
Biggest issue i've seen is players running into you AoEing packs while they are falgged and getting hit.

Are you sure about this? My experience has been that while any contact with a flagged NPC will flag you, only direct attacks on a flagged player will flag you.
90 Human Warrior
Thanks for everyone's feedback on this issue. These quests are supposed to encourage PvP, but remain PvE friendly, so the more information we can gather regarding what might still be flagging players is helpful. The following hotfixes have already been implemented:

• Players are no longer flagged for PvP combat when engaging Lieutenant Ethan Jacobson.
  • Players are no longer flagged for PvP combat when engaging Chief Engineer Cogswrench.
  • Getting in combat with NPCs in Domination Point will no longer cause guards to assist them.
  • Removed Kor’kron Elite near a quest objective.

Obviously, some of you still seem to be getting flagged inappropriately. If you are still being flagged incorrectly, we'd like to address it.

It will help us investigate if those of you still experiencing issues could please let us know what exactly you were doing when you were flagged.

Sorry, Blizzard can't patch stupid. Be careful or die, that's not a difficult concept.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]