Landfall = Forced PvP on PvE Realms?

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Warlock
11/28/2012 04:41 PMPosted by Hatsune
These quests are supposed to encourage PvP, but remain PvE friendly,

Blizzard.

You can encourage PVP through a lot of ways. Rewards, etc.

You can also discourage PVP through allowing PVE players to suffer from unintended ganking, griefing, and being flagged through trickery. Nothing turns a player away from an aspect of a game more than being forced into it. Maybe not directly by you, but by other players trick flagging them.

If you're serious about encouraging PVP, give more carrots (rewards) and remove the stick (trick flagging).

get used to it? i might not like geting ganked but i get over it regroup & refight you know one thing that made pvp ffun was the old days of 7day long av matches or real world pvp which nolonger exist even on PVP servers & blizzard managed to create it this patch but now its gonna...
89 Goblin Mage
Dailies/Rep Grinding are by far the worst part of this x-pack !
hmm wait let me think.. I mean the new LFR loot system is the worst !
hmm wait a tick the fact that it takes all week to Cap Valor Points on one maybe two toons is the worst part of this x-pack !

I like playing my ALT's I have a bunch of them that I cannot gear.

LOL also I love how the new PvP vendor is in the middle of nowhere

Why Blizz?
90 Night Elf Death Knight
so... they can kill rares while we sit idle & watch oh come on give factions a chance to pvp.. not sit & watch a group kill a Rare mob that was sopost to be made pvp. you ruined a perfectly good zone you guys designed to be PVP which now is 99.99% PVE other 3 caping 3 places big whoop on your guys big fail of a PVP patch or Area. im a big pver but i found it nice for once to see old school PVP like it once was in vanilla now you just turned it into a carebear fast no one flags or gets flaged so move on also you should maybe fix the exploiters using the Above Caputure Bug allowing them to sit up top in the building to cap the tower... real genious since you can only fly up & they can knock you straight off as you land in

If you want World PvP, go to a PvP server?

PvE servers are there for PvP to be 100% voluntary.
87 Pandaren Monk
11/28/2012 03:29 PMPosted by Morrigahn
We don't need encouragement to pvp, we don't want to pvp, that is why we roll on pve servers. This is almost as bad as the for the children achievement that is keeping me from my violet proto drake. Another instance of forced pvp to get a non pvp related reward.

In order to finish the next stage of the Legendary questline in MoP you must PvP.

Not PvPing for the best PvE reward is not an option now. If you want the rewards, you must PvP.

That is NOT correct..

you can do the pvp one http://www.wowdb.com/quests/32389-the-lion-roars
Or you can do the pve one http://www.wowdb.com/quests/32388-a-change-of-command

This taken from mmo champ.
Wrathion Quest Lines
The last thing we heard from Wrathion were his instructions to await the fleet's arrival in Patch 5.1. After meeting the scout, and clearing the way, the fleet will arrive.

You can then visit Wrathion again, who wants to learn more about Varian. You must then prove that your faction should win the war by earning Revered with him, which is done by killing forces of the opposing faction in Krasarang Wilds. There are some side quests along the way, such as winning the new Mists of Pandaria battlegrounds or taking a group to kill a general.

After you are revered, Wrathion will call you back to tell you what he has learned about Varian. This is seemingly where the quest line stops for now. It may be incomplete, as the Horde side of the quest line is not even added yet.
90 Undead Priest
Keep in mind you are playing a GAME that's PVP, I don't care what blizzard has said in the past.

You have HORDE vs ALLIANCE this has been going on since warcraft.

This is something you need to deal with.
90 Undead Rogue
There should be times players are forced to flag for pvp, just like we are forced to do pve, no matter realm type.
90 Gnome Priest
Keep in mind you are playing a GAME that's PVP, I don't care what blizzard has said in the past.

You have HORDE vs ALLIANCE this has been going on since warcraft.

This is something you need to deal with.

Not on a PvE server. You and the other PvP'ers in this thread are going to have to learn to deal with the fact that there are a large number of players who don't want to engage in combat with other players.
90 Troll Druid
I'm sorry, but the simple fact that one faction can basically run roughshod over the other faction's base WITHOUT getting flagged is a serious oversight in this.

I didn't check out the Alliance base to see whether I could slaughter them without any repercussions, but it looks like they can kill virtually everyone in our base without encountering a PvP flagged NPC (I think that there are only two flagged NPCs, in addition to a few guards...)

What is the purpose of putting something like this in the game? It's a few lame dailies (collect boxes, kill some NPCs...) and an NPC that sells mediocre gear that would have been appropriate at launch but two months in is pretty much just meh. It's utterly pointless.

There is absolutely nothing in it that encourages PvP in the slightest, which I thought was the point of the new areas.

ETA: I play on a PvE server, I usually avoid PvP outside of battlegrounds/arena, but there is nothing wrong with having PvP areas of the world, and there is something wrong with having PvP storylines that completely avoid PvP.
Edited by Dimclaw on 11/28/2012 5:31 PM PST
Last night, I did get flagged at Domination Point, but I assumed - not knowing for sure where things are yet - I had gotten into some Horde quest hub sort of area and attracted the attention of a sentry. Next time I'm doing the new stuff, I'll pay a bit more attention to see if that's what happened or if it was a bug.

Of course, on my rogue I was already flagged, and working on control points while questing - and so managed to engage a warlock/paladin pair and a spriest/warrior pair more than once... But that's not a bug, and went about as well as you might think it would.
90 Human Warlock
I don't understand how you are getting flagged? I have done all the quest both days and not once have I gotten flagged. Just don't kill or attack players and don't capture the points. Just do the quest and kill NPC's and you should not get flagged.
90 Human Paladin
What did you think this expansion was about soldier? Happy fun time huggie bears?? GRAB YOUR WEAPONS AND GET TO KILLIN!
90 Troll Druid
11/28/2012 05:30 PMPosted by Magdelak
I don't understand how you are getting flagged? I have done all the quest both days and not once have I gotten flagged. Just don't kill or attack players and don't capture the points. Just do the quest and kill NPC's and you should not get flagged.

It's because you're bothering to look before you shoot instead of tabbing your way around and blasting stuff indiscriminately.
90 Gnome Priest
11/28/2012 05:30 PMPosted by Magdelak

That's how it's supposed to work in theory, but that's not how it was working in practice. The fact that Blizzard has hotfixed a few of the issues already proves that there was a bug causing players to become flagged for PvP when they shouldn't have.
90 Human Paladin
11/28/2012 12:43 PMPosted by Daxxarri
It will help us investigate if those of you still experiencing issues could please let us know what exactly you were doing when you were flagged.

My friends and I were readying to kill a rare NPC, Muerta, when we were overrun with adds and Korkron guards that flagged us for PvP and got the attention of an overzealous Horde who tore through us like tissue paper. I waited out my PvP flag and accepted my raise at my body and started to heal when a Horde warrior charged me, popped avatar, dropped skull banner, and proceeded to burn every cooldown he had to kill me when I wasn't flagged.
90 Blood Elf Mage
I understand this is a PvE server that is having problems. But the point of this patch was that the Horde and Alliance are fighting and we need to defend our respective factions and kill the opposition. I myself play on PvE and I am loving the new World PvP area in the wilds, i think it's fun and reminds that this is "warcraft" and there is still a hatred among the factions even after the tragedy of cataclysm.
1 Gnome Mage
I always get flagged when flying over domination point. When the cannons target me, I get flagged automatically, even if I took no action.
90 Gnome Priest
11/28/2012 05:39 PMPosted by Aliiah
I understand this is a PvE server that is having problems. But the point of this patch was that the Horde and Alliance are fighting and we need to defend our respective factions and kill the opposition. I myself play on PvE and I am loving the new World PvP area in the wilds, i think it's fun and reminds that this is "warcraft" and there is still a hatred among the factions even after the tragedy of cataclysm.

There's nothing wrong with that, and I'm glad you're enjoying it. What you have to realize though, is that there are large numbers of players who are fine with the "war" being between themselves (their faction) and the opposite factions NPC's only. I enjoy world PvP too... when I'm in the mood to do it. I don't enjoy world PvP when I'm falsely flagged.

Players don't need to fight other players of the opposite faction to immerse them in the war. You can get the same thing from the NPC's that you're required to kill, and the tasks you are given to sabotage the other faction. Not only do you advance the story that way, but you are directly rewarded for it. Fighting other players gives you absolutely nothing (except a couple honor per kill, which is useless if you don't PvP anyway), and it has zero advancement on the story.
90 Human Warlock
PVP is a mini game within the main game. I don't pvp, I don't want to pvp. I have absolutely no interest in pvp. If you want to pvp then that's why there are battlegrounds. Whats so fantastic about sneaking up behind someone and killing them when they are fighting like 5 npc's. If some horde idiot is running around flagged I just ignore him and do my quest and leave.
90 Undead Priest
It doesn't matter if its a PvE or PvP thats fundamentally is what the game is based on. So if they add events like Tol Barad or WG and these dailies and if you have to pvp a little thats something thats gonna have to happen, kinda like the old bear mount from killing the city leaders
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]