Landfall = Forced PvP on PvE Realms?

(Locked)

90 Night Elf Hunter
I will not be doing these dailys for that reason.

Or getting rep up with these new factions

I do not PvP.
90 Goblin Death Knight
Well, I am generally a PvE'rs, but I am enjoying the new quest hub immensely. I just spent an hour inside the Domination Point tower hiding behind pillars at the entrance attacking Alliance who came in attempting to cap. And yes, I got me some HKs, despite only having half a 450 contender's set and not that great ay PvP.
90 Pandaren Monk
11/27/2012 01:31 PMPosted by Izki
I say they haven't done enough to encourage PvP. There should be more rewards for killing flagged opponents in this new area if they truly want a war.

On a PvP server, they can encourage it all they want. On the PvE servers I choose to play on, I'd love for world PvP to become nonexistent.

I said encourage not force.

All they need to do is make all the dailies completable through pvp kills(already can for one i believe), and make pvp kills grant you the marks and a little bit of rep.

Those who want to pvp will and those who don't wont have to.
90 Goblin Hunter

Well, you don't. No landfall quests actually flag you. Just finished them all.

THey may not flag you, but when other people of the opposing faction intentionally flag cause it's shared questing areas, with alot of active combat ongoing, to get you flagged because the tab-targetting/auto-targetting functions in the game aren't the most robust, and flag you because of that, it isn't your choice.

Stop tab targeting and mindlessly attacking? Or is that solution too obvious.

If this is the problem how is it any different than every other area that is crowded by both factions? If it is the guards attacking that is one thing that probably should be fixed but if it is players tab targeting on accident that isn't something that needs fixing, at least on blizzards end.
Edited by Sayne on 11/27/2012 1:39 PM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
I also dislike this. I was doing my quests and suddenly some guard started hitting me.

2 seconds later I'm dead from some cheap, loser horde mage who was going around trying to get people to hit him.

I don't even know where the guard came from. It's not even anywhere near that area now.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If cannon fire is flagging you then there's something wrong going on somewhere.
87 Human Rogue
Be careful and don't AOE if you can help it.
90 Goblin Priest
I think it's an Alliance bug. They all seem to be flagged on my PvE server and the only flagged Horde players are ones attacking the Allies.
90 Undead Warrior
11/27/2012 01:26 PMPosted by Izki
Dailies that offer VP and rep with a faction that sells PvE items should not be in an environment such as this.

War is hell.
90 Human Death Knight
Twice now I've had random guards agro me and pvp flag me (without me attacking back or hitting them first) while doing these new dailies. On top of that, having to stop and inspect every single thing I target to double check that it's safe to be attacking it is getting old, fast.

Could we please get a toggle on PvE realms that allows us to lock ourselves into a non-flagged state, and flat out does not allow us to accidentally attack a flagged player or npc until we disable the toggle?
90 Undead Warlock
Dear Addon Developers,

Myself and many other WoW players would very much appreciate if you would develop an addon that places a huge warning on our screen when we target any mob or player that is flagged for PvP or will flag us for PvP if we attack them. The current, tiny PvP icon on unit and player portraits just isn't enough when playing on a PvE realm and being used to a PvP-free environment.

Thank you for your time, and I thank you in advance for your efforts.

Sincerely,
Vacant
90 Human Paladin
11/27/2012 01:01 PMPosted by Probability
Is this a bug? These PvE quests for PvE rep loot purchased with PvE valor are flagging everyone for PvP, on a PvE realm.

Really??

I choose to play on a PVE server because I only want to PVP when I want to PVP.

But when I get home from work and log on...

If ALL FREAKING HELL IS BREAKING LOOSE on my carebear server ...

that would be ...

/tommyboy AWESOME!!!
85 Goblin Shaman
11/27/2012 01:50 PMPosted by Kezmaefele
Is this a bug? These PvE quests for PvE rep loot purchased with PvE valor are flagging everyone for PvP, on a PvE realm.

Really??

I choose to play on a PVE server because I only want to PVP when I want to PVP.

But when I get home from work and log on...

If ALL FREAKING HELL IS BREAKING LOOSE on my carebear server ...

that would be ...

/tommyboy AWESOME!!!

actually, it would be unacceptable
90 Human Priest
Definitely something flagging people on pve realms besides the normal attacking opposite faction players. ./sigh
90 Human Paladin
aus
Stop tab targeting and mindlessly attacking? Or is that solution too obvious.

You don't need to attack them. Hunters can force you into pvp if you merely have them targeted without attacking.
1 Pandaren Mage
11/27/2012 01:05 PMPosted by Mattrose
MoP is the ex-pac where you get to decide how you want to play the game...right?

No video game has ever allowed players to do anything and everything they want. Want to do it your way? Go design your own game.
90 Human Paladin
No video game has ever allowed players to do anything and everything they want. Want to do it your way? Go design your own game.

True, but the rules of PVE servers are quite clear in their not Forcing Unwanted PVP upon its players.

Sounds like something that needs to be looked into on PVE servers at least.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]