Landfall = Forced PvP on PvE Realms?

(Locked)

100 Night Elf Druid
It's either the Flak Cannons or just flying too close to the opposite "base" flagging Alliance players, I didn't get flagged killing any enemies at all for the quests but while in flight form and searching for crates to loot, it auto-flagged me from one of those two things, I just assumed I flew too close to their base but the Flak Cannons were aiming at me the entire time, something flagged me while looting the supply crates though.
90 Tauren Warrior
11/27/2012 01:32 PMPosted by Ariandrius
There are guards that seem to come out of nowhere and attack you and flag you...they have just flagged me 3 times in a row...I know it is qq...but I don't like PVP and am on a PVE server for a reason

Then stay away from the opposite factions base.
100 Blood Elf Hunter

This right here would be nice to see addressed if possible:

If we are on a PvE realm, can it be made so tab-targetting/auto-target-on-cast functions IGNORE flagged enemies if we are not? I got no love for PvP at all, and given I play on a like 5:1 Alliance-favoured server... I want to avoid being flagged at all costs.

Or maybe just maybe players can get a little self awareness and be careful in what they attack? No that is crazy. Crying on the forums is definitely easier.

Right. Because there's no such thing as a dooshbag that likes to sit flagged in an area where PVE players are questing right? That never happens. Just like PVP flagged players NEVER sit on an NPC while flagged, right?

Thrall quest chain says hi, and delivers a slap to the crap filled lump three feet above your backside. ;)
Edited by Andriale on 11/27/2012 2:15 PM PST
MVP - Technical Support
100 Human Warrior
11/27/2012 02:14 PMPosted by Crucafix
There are guards that seem to come out of nowhere and attack you and flag you...they have just flagged me 3 times in a row...I know it is qq...but I don't like PVP and am on a PVE server for a reason

Then stay away from the opposite factions base.
except that's where the dailies send you?

I got flagged getting a crate that spawned close enough to a horde faction guard to aggro it. what's more. You get auto flagged when they hit you, even if you do not return attack. Since the crates are a rare spawn as is and take upwards of 30 min just to get 8 of them, ignoring any crate that spawns is not really an option as it's still faster to get it, get flagged and kill, and wait out 5 min flag as a ghost than to ignore that crate in a densely populated dailies area.
Edited by Omegal on 11/27/2012 2:17 PM PST
90 Night Elf Hunter
Well ... I was planning in transferring to a PvE relam because of my hugely Horde faction imbalanced realm and now this grossly imbalanced questing area ... but now I guess my only option is to quit this game.

First CRZ & now forced PvP ...
100 Human Paladin
11/27/2012 02:15 PMPosted by Omegal
I got flagged getting a crate that spawned close enough to a horde faction guard to aggro it. what's more. You get auto flagged when they hit you, even if you do not return attack. Since the crates are a rare spawn as is and take upwards of 30 min just to get 8 of them, ignoring any crate that spawns is not really an option as it's still faster to get it, get flagged and kill, and wait out 5 min flag as a ghost than to ignore that crate in a densely populated dailies area.

Yea the guards flagging you even if you dont attack back, seems like not working as intended.

You always had to hit back to get flagged
90 Tauren Warrior
11/27/2012 02:12 PMPosted by Sealan

When are you being flagged? The quest should not flag you. Flagging for PvP should be the same as always on a PvE realm. If you're accidentally attacking opposite faction guards, you will be flagged as always.

This is false. PvP related quests have always flagged you for PvP on a PvE realm. The PvP quests in Grizzly Hills tells you you will be flagged for PvP upon accepting it and as long as it remains in your quest log. Perhaps that is the issue people are having. If it isn't telling you will be PvP flagged, I can understand the issue.

However a blue response clearly not even knowing how PvP quests work, that just makes me sad.

They aren't PvP quests.

The zone has become a PvP zone sort of like IoC. Horde at one end and Ally at the other...the rest of Krasarang in between.

There's oil fields, GY's and landing areas that can be contested but the quests themselves are not PvP.
1 Troll Rogue
Basically the coolest thing about the new patch and people complain about it. Probably an alliance thing. Anyway, definitely transfer to Executus so you can get mugged while doing farmville dailies.
100 Human Paladin
Kind of hard to call it forced when players are willingly and mindlessly attacking Alliance npcs and players. This is NO different than Molten Front.

Its quite a bit different from molten front, that was controlled by a neutral faction, the only way to flag was to click other players

The problem here seems to be quest areas located too close to the other faction's base, combined with guards that flag you regardless if you attack them or not.

Basically the coolest thing about the new patch and people complain about it. Probably an alliance thing. Anyway, definitely transfer to Executus so you can get mugged while doing farmville dailies.

People on PVE servers have a right to complain about unwanted PVP brought on by funky mechanics
Edited by Paladinchaz on 11/27/2012 2:19 PM PST
90 Tauren Warrior
11/27/2012 02:16 PMPosted by Paladinchaz

Yea the guards flagging you even if you dont attack back, seems like not working as intended.

You always had to hit back to get flagged

This isn't true.
Guards have always attacked and flagged you if you aggro them. Go within aggro range of any guard in any opposing faction town and see what happens.

It's simple people STAY AWAY FROM OPPOSING FACTIONS BASES.
You can pick your crates up along the beach right in front of you base and there is no need to go any where near the other side.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]