Landfall = Forced PvP on PvE Realms?

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Paladin
The Flak Cannons say hi.
100 Human Mage
I was randomly Flagged on my mage, doing the quests, didn't tag anything flagged some mob marked me and then i was flagged for PVP, Got jumped by a pally who thought he'd have his way with me, little did he know i was in my full PVP set and a frost mage, I killed him after he tried to run like a little beeotch.

I don't have a problem with world PVP its why i carry my pvp gear but being flagged randomly is not cool on a PVE realm
90 Dwarf Monk
11/27/2012 01:18 PMPosted by Nethaera
Is this a bug? These PvE quests for PvE rep loot purchased with PvE valor are flagging everyone for PvP, on a PvE realm.

When are you being flagged? The quest should not flag you. Flagging for PvP should be the same as always on a PvE realm. If you're accidentally attacking opposite faction guards, you will be flagged as always.

It's the usual "Guards attack you, you get flagged" bug that occurs occasionally.

Normally, it only flags you if you attack the guards, but in this case, them attacking you is doing it as well.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
How do I stop the quest from popping up each time I abandoned it?
100 Human Paladin
11/27/2012 02:23 PMPosted by Xanzül
Its quite a bit different from molten front, that was controlled by a neutral faction, the only way to flag was to click other playersThe problem here seems to be quest areas located too close to the other faction's base, combined with guards that flag you regardless if you attack them or not.

It isn't different at all. Don't want to get flagged? Don't attack guards and other players. Watch where you are going and what you are doing. Simple as that.

Except you couldnt attack molten front guards at all, so that has nothing to do with this issue?

11/27/2012 02:24 PMPosted by Xanzül
The problem is facts are irrelevant to the QQers. I can see this being the new whine of the week and as long as they keep spreading this kind of misinformation it will very likely get some traction.

Having unwanted PVP due to weird mechanics in a new daily quest area on a PVE server is QQ?

If you're dumb enough to attacked a flag person on the opposite faction, you have it comming, but this isnt just only that happening
Edited by Paladinchaz on 11/27/2012 2:25 PM PST
wasn't plannin on bothering with these anyway. I hate any form of PvP in this game, and I've had my fill of dailys for the rest of this xpac.
91 Tauren Warrior

They aren't PvP quests.

The zone has become a PvP zone sort of like IoC. Horde at one end and Ally at the other...the rest of Krasarang in between.

There's oil fields, GY's and landing areas that can be contested but the quests themselves are not PvP.

Hmmm.

Based upon the Horde and Alliance battle becoming more intense or however they worded it in the patch notes, ever since patch notes were around... I think PvP quests fit the situation. I didn't even do them because I assumed that is what would happen.

Nah the quests aren't PvP. It's just the areas at opposite ends of the zone. You can do the dailies and quests without ever going near the opposing side' base camp.

Now mind you..because of the PvP objectives in the area there are going to be opposing sides flagged in your base and if you're not careful...yes you could possibly flag yourself...but outside of that you can do what you need to do without any worries at all.
91 Tauren Warrior

This isn't true.
Guards have always attacked and flagged you if you aggro them. Go within aggro range of any guard in any opposing faction town and see what happens.

It's simple people STAY AWAY FROM OPPOSING FACTIONS BASES.
You can pick your crates up along the beach right in front of you base and there is no need to go any where near the other side.

The problem is facts are irrelevant to the QQers. I can see this being the new whine of the week and as long as they keep spreading this kind of misinformation it will very likely get some traction.

Oh I know.
100 Blood Elf Hunter
11/27/2012 02:27 PMPosted by Xanzül
Sorry I'm just not buying it. You are being flagged because you attacked something you shouldn't have.

QUICK! DEFEND THE HIVE!
85 Goblin Shaman
I was randomly Flagged on my mage, doing the quests, didn't tag anything flagged some mob marked me and then i was flagged for PVP, Got jumped by a pally who thought he'd have his way with me, little did he know i was in my full PVP set and a frost mage, I killed him after he tried to run like a little beeotch.

I don't have a problem with world PVP its why i carry my pvp gear but being flagged randomly is not cool on a PVE realm

Sorry I'm just not buying it. You are being flagged because you attacked something you shouldn't have.

There are guards and flak cannons - both of which can hit and flag you even if you do not attack them.
100 Human Paladin
11/27/2012 02:30 PMPosted by Xanzül
Because players were flagging themselves in Molten Front hoping to get someone to attack them very much like what is going on right now? You are right they have nothing to do with each other despite being the SAME THING.

You said guards and players. I understand the flagging players bit, you seem to be not understanding the fact that there wernt Guards in the Molten Front near quest areas that could flag you.

It most certainly is QQ when the pvp is optional and it isn't forced. People claiming the guards aren't supposed to flag you are flat out lying through their teeth because this is how it has ALWAYS worked and that is what I was referring to. Bs like that is what drowns out legitimate complaints.

Except thats not how its 'always worked'. I remember back in the day quite vividly standing and letting guards hitting me and not being flagged until I attacked back, or chasing me through a non major city on a mount while not getting flagged either.

You only were flagged until you hit back, or ran into a major city like Org or Undercity.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]