Landfall = Forced PvP on PvE Realms?

(Locked)

90 Tauren Warrior

Sorry I'm just not buying it. You are being flagged because you attacked something you shouldn't have.

There are guards and flak cannons - both of which can hit and flag you even if you do not attack them.

Sure...so long as you're at the other end of the zone in the opposing factions base.

Don't do that and you won't have a problem.
90 Draenei Death Knight
Well I hope the RP realms arent going to suffer the same problems
90 Human Paladin
Oh I'm so sorry. The whole guard thing in Molten Front totally invalidates what I said right? Totally. I'm done. Keep up the mindless QQ.

Keep level 1 alt trolling then.

How would you know how the dailies work? You're on the forums trolling on your level 1

It does invalidate the fact that you said "Like molten front guards and players were flagging others" where in fact that guards couldnt flag anyone in Molten front, ONLY players.

Unlike these quest hubs now.

And it seems that people are unable to do dalies without being near an area that flags you, so it seems hard to 'avoid' it except in the fact of not attacking other players.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
11/27/2012 02:32 PMPosted by Xanzül

QUICK! DEFEND THE HIVE!

QUICK! SAY SOMETHING MORONIC INSTEAD OF COUNTERING WHAT I SAID1

I already did ;)

It's the hive mentality. Because, yanno...Blizz has NEVER, EVER, since the WoW's inception, created a bugged quest, right?

Go back to defending the hive, champ. ;)
90 Tauren Warrior
11/27/2012 02:38 PMPosted by Paladinchaz
Oh I'm so sorry. The whole guard thing in Molten Front totally invalidates what I said right? Totally. I'm done. Keep up the mindless QQ.

Keep level 1 alt trolling then.

How would you know how the dailies work? You're on the forums trolling on your level 1

It does invalidate the fact that you said "Like molten front guards and players were flagging others" where in fact that guards couldnt flag anyone in Molten front, ONLY players.

Unlike these quest hubs now.

And it seems that people are unable to do dalies without being near an area that flags you, so it seems hard to 'avoid' it except in the fact of not attacking other players.

Once again....You can do the dailies just fine without getting flagged so long as you stay AT YOUR BASE. If you go ACROSS THE ENTIRE ZONE to the opposing factions base to try and do your quests and you get within aggro range of a guard the, YES you will get flagged.

If you stay AT YOUR BASE and do not attack and flagged player you will be fine.
90 Human Paladin
Once again....You can do the dailies just fine without getting flagged so long as you stay AT YOUR BASE. If you go ACROSS THE ENTIRE ZONE to the opposing factions base to try and do your quests and you get within aggro range of a guard the, YES you will get flagged.

Is it possible to complete the dalies at your own base in any meaningful amount of time? Are there zones all around the base to get quest items in addition to the ones close to the enemy base? Are there quests that make you specifically go over to the other base?
90 Tauren Druid
11/27/2012 01:18 PMPosted by Nethaera
Is this a bug? These PvE quests for PvE rep loot purchased with PvE valor are flagging everyone for PvP, on a PvE realm.

When are you being flagged? The quest should not flag you. Flagging for PvP should be the same as always on a PvE realm. If you're accidentally attacking opposite faction guards, you will be flagged as always.

Although this is a bit off the original topic one problem i have always had on a PvE realm and I'm not sure if this is a bug but, if you heal or are healed by someone that is PvP flagged you get flagged yourself even if there is no PvP situation present.
90 Tauren Warrior

QUICK! SAY SOMETHING MORONIC INSTEAD OF COUNTERING WHAT I SAID1

I already did ;)

It's the hive mentality. Because, yanno...Blizz has NEVER, EVER, since the WoW's inception, created a bugged quest, right?

Opposed to insisting that something is bugged that you haven't even done yet?

Yeah cuz there's no such thing as band wagon jumping around here.

"OH look someone is complaining about something. I'm going to go and agree with them even though I haven't the slightest clue what I'm talking about"
90 Tauren Warrior

Is it possible to complete the dalies at your own base in any meaningful amount of time? Are there zones all around the base to get quest items in addition to the ones close to the enemy base? Are there quests that make you specifically go over to the other base?

Everything is at your base. I've done the quests and the only thing I had to leave the base for were the crates and even those spawn at the docks of your base...and if you do have to leave your base for the crates they're right outside along the beach....The opposing factions base is on the other side of the entire zone.

So no...there is no reason to go near the other base.
90 Human Paladin
aus
11/27/2012 02:14 PMPosted by Crucafix
Then stay away from the opposite factions base.

Burning steppes has a an alliance quest npc within aggro range of horde level 90 guards.

Nope. Not one single thing about how flagging works in this game has been changed. You CAN NOT get flagged simply by targeting someone.

Yes you CAN. The nice GM, told me how to fix it in rift but sadly not in wow, customer support confirmed that targeting a player was enough to flag for pvp even on a pve server.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/27/2012 02:48 PMPosted by Mate
Then stay away from the opposite factions base.

Burning steppes has a an alliance quest npc within aggro range of horde level 90 guards.

Nope. Not one single thing about how flagging works in this game has been changed. You CAN NOT get flagged simply by targeting someone.

Yes you CAN. The nice GM, told me how to fix it in rift but sadly not in wow, customer support confirmed that targeting a player was enough to flag for pvp even on a pve server.

Two diff games... *facedesk*
90 Draenei Hunter
What is this crap? I got flagged by a mage's arcane explosion. And how are we supposed to know what a guard is and isn't when you send us into an area and tell us to kill orcs? I left a pvp server to get away from pvp, now we're being forced to pvp on a pve server? Blizzard I am disappoint.
90 Pandaren Hunter
I was killing the rare Muerta not attacking anything but her and got randomly flagged and killed.
90 Human Paladin
aus
This isn't true.
Guards have always attacked and flagged you if you aggro them. Go within aggro range of any guard in any opposing faction town and see what happens.

No thats not true. Pre 5.0 If you where in a sight range of a non guard, you would get flagged, if you did any damage to a guard you would get flagged. If a guard could not reach you, you would get flagged, so aggroing a guard while standing on a hill or on a flying mount was enough. But simply riding into barrens and taking a wack from a guard at the entrance was not enough.
90 Draenei Hunter

Everything is at your base. I've done the quests and the only thing I had to leave the base for were the crates and even those spawn at the docks of your base...and if you do have to leave your base for the crates they're right outside along the beach....The opposing factions base is on the other side of the entire zone.

So no...there is no reason to go near the other base.

So we are automatically supposed to know this when we have to fly all the way across the zone to get the quests in the first place?
90 Blood Elf Hunter

I already did ;)

Opposed to insisting that something is bugged that you haven't even done yet?

Yeah cuz there's no such thing as band wagon jumping around here.

"OH look someone is complaining about something. I'm going to go and agree with them even though I haven't the slightest clue what I'm talking about"

"Opposed to insisting that something is bugged that you haven't even done yet?"

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/darrowmere/Andriale/reputation/

Dominance Offensive says hello, and !@#$%slaps you in that bulbous lump 3 feet above your ^-*.

But yeah, you're right. Insisting something is bugged that I haven't even done yet, nor was I affected by. You pegged me there, sport.
90 Human Paladin
aus
11/27/2012 02:52 PMPosted by Fluttërshy
Two diff games... *facedesk*

I submitted a ticket in wow, is it my fault i get advice for rift?
If you enter a Warfront you will be flagged regardless of anything
90 Worgen Hunter
So people are attacking guards instead of NPCs and then blaming Blizzard rather than themselves... makes sense.

-shrug-
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]