Landfall = Forced PvP on PvE Realms?

(Locked)

90 Night Elf Druid
I also dislike this. I was doing my quests and suddenly some guard started hitting me.

2 seconds later I'm dead from some cheap, loser horde mage who was going around trying to get people to hit him.

I don't even know where the guard came from. It's not even anywhere near that area now.

Probably because you attacked him. Folks this isn't rocket science.

I did not.
90 Worgen Hunter
11/27/2012 02:58 PMPosted by Rangikuu
What is this crap? I got flagged by a mage's arcane explosion. And how are we supposed to know what a guard is and isn't when you send us into an area and tell us to kill orcs? I left a pvp server to get away from pvp, now we're being forced to pvp on a pve server? Blizzard I am disappoint.

Anything that can flag you for PvP has a PvP flag on them, be it guards, enemy players, opposing faction vendors, etc. Quite simple really. If you don't want to PvP, don't attack anything with that flag.

11/27/2012 03:00 PMPosted by Rangikuu
So we are automatically supposed to know this when we have to fly all the way across the zone to get the quests in the first place?

Blizz expects you to read quest text - who knew?
90 Troll Druid

Stop tab targeting and mindlessly attacking? Or is that solution too obvious.

This is the Blizzard community we are talking about, if the game doesn't hold their hand they can't managed it.
90 Dwarf Shaman
I can confirm that when the guards attack you, it flags you for PvP. I didn't hit the guard at all.
90 Worgen Hunter
11/27/2012 02:44 PMPosted by Deathfish
Although this is a bit off the original topic one problem i have always had on a PvE realm and I'm not sure if this is a bug but, if you heal or are healed by someone that is PvP flagged you get flagged yourself even if there is no PvP situation present.

It's fully intended. If it wasn't that way, people would find ways to abuse it. For example, dropping combat, receiving a ton of hots, and then getting right back into the fight while the healer remains unflagged and untouchable. While it's always good to lend a helping hand to others, you'll also have to be mindful of potential PvP flags on player portraits if you want to avoid PvP altogether.
90 Troll Hunter
11/27/2012 01:28 PMPosted by Solarus
If we are on a PvE realm, can it be made so tab-targetting/auto-target-on-cast functions IGNORE flagged enemies if we are not?

Agreed
yep when a guard jumps from the bush u get flagged. its utter chaos on fenris right now
90 Human Mage
Its definetly guards that attack you, flag you.
I was pulling the rare priest and 2 NPC's tagged me and beat me down.
90 Night Elf Mage
11/27/2012 04:22 PMPosted by Tazror
If we are on a PvE realm, can it be made so tab-targetting/auto-target-on-cast functions IGNORE flagged enemies if we are not?

Agreed

I've said before there should be a confirmation box to verify that you do, indeed, wish to flag for pvp.

Obviously this wouldn't apply in the case of you rushing into their territory, but in the open world...yah.
90 Human Paladin
11/27/2012 01:18 PMPosted by Nethaera
Is this a bug? These PvE quests for PvE rep loot purchased with PvE valor are flagging everyone for PvP, on a PvE realm.

When are you being flagged? The quest should not flag you. Flagging for PvP should be the same as always on a PvE realm. If you're accidentally attacking opposite faction guards, you will be flagged as always.

Naethera, perhaps one day Blizzard will learn something from Trion Worlds and put in an option so that you cannot accidentally become flagged (actions that would cause you to do so would abort.)
To the people on PvP servers, stop complaining that we need to just suck it up.

We're on PvE servers to avoid World PvP. If we wanted World PvP, we'd have rolled on a PvP server.

This is NOT about people on a PvP server getting flagged - they'd already be flagged.

It's the same bug that's existed since Vanilla that Blizzard never fixed. Occasionally, for no reason, if a guard attacks you, you are PvP flagged. Normally, it requires you actually attacking them for that to happen. But in this case, just being attacked is doing it.
Edited by Brewfist on 11/27/2012 6:43 PM PST
90 Human Warrior
11/27/2012 02:20 PMPosted by Crucafix
It's simple people STAY AWAY FROM OPPOSING FACTIONS BASES.

Except its not that simple because theres quests to go in and kill non-flagged npc's inside the horde base.
90 Night Elf Mage

We're on PvE servers to avoid World PvP. If we wanted World PvP, we'd have rolled on a PvP server.

This is NOT about people on a PvP server getting flagged - they'd already be flagged.

It's the same bug that's existed since Vanilla that Blizzard never fixed. Occasionally, for no reason, if a guard attacks you, you are PvP flagged. Normally, it requires you actually attacking them for that to happen. But in this case, just being attacked is doing it.

Making certain you have no retaliatory abilities up should help some (but not completely). I know my Archimonde's on my lock used to do that until I traded it, now it doesn't flag me if a guard attacks and I don't fight back (with the rare exception bug of course).
90 Tauren Druid
11/27/2012 01:32 PMPosted by Ariandrius
There are guards that seem to come out of nowhere and attack you and flag you...they have just flagged me 3 times in a row...I know it is qq...but I don't like PVP and am on a PVE server for a reason

Thing is .... you're wrong here.

Attacking a stronghold of the OPPOSITE faction and hitting guards flagged Horde or Alliance will instantly flag you for PvP... same as ANY guards in the world.

The Karasang quests are PVP orientated not PvP.

Making certain you have no retaliatory abilities up should help some (but not completely). I know my Archimonde's on my lock used to do that until I traded it, now it doesn't flag me if a guard attacks and I don't fight back (with the rare exception bug of course).

They changed that a while ago.

There are some classes like Brewmaster Monks that cannot turn off our retaliation. Anytime we parry, we strike back.
85 Goblin Shaman
11/27/2012 06:54 PMPosted by Sarutabaruta
ITT: Carebears.

Well, you're named after a zone in a game where world PvP is impossible, and you scold us because we don't want PvP on servers we went to to avoid PvP?
90 Human Paladin
It's simple people STAY AWAY FROM OPPOSING FACTIONS BASES.

Except its not that simple because theres quests to go in and kill non-flagged npc's inside the horde base.

The man's right on. There are three NPC's you have to take out inside the base. It can be done if you're careful and don't get too close to the elite guards. Got flagged and killed twice by the guards and one or two Hordies who were flagged before I figured this out. Was a breeze after that. Didn't get flagged and /waved the Hordies.
Edited by Perigort on 11/27/2012 7:43 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]