Landfall = Forced PvP on PvE Realms?

(Locked)

11/27/2012 02:30 PMPosted by Xanzül
Except you couldnt attack molten front guards at all, so that has nothing to do with this issue?

Because players were flagging themselves in Molten Front hoping to get someone to attack them very much like what is going on right now? You are right they have nothing to do with each other despite being the SAME THING.

Having unwanted PVP due to weird mechanics in a new daily quest area on a PVE server is QQ?If you're dumb enough to attacked a flag person on the opposite faction, you have it comming, but this isnt just only that happening

It most certainly is QQ when the pvp is optional and it isn't forced. People claiming the guards aren't supposed to flag you are flat out lying through their teeth because this is how it has ALWAYS worked and that is what I was referring to. Bs like that is what drowns out legitimate complaints.

It's not a lie. I don't get flagged by being hit by guards unless I hit back.
80 Pandaren Mage
11/27/2012 01:33 PMPosted by Solarus

Well, you don't. No landfall quests actually flag you. Just finished them all.

THey may not flag you, but when other people of the opposing faction intentionally flag cause it's shared questing areas, with alot of active combat ongoing, to get you flagged because the tab-targetting/auto-targetting functions in the game aren't the most robust, and flag you because of that, it isn't your choice.

It is if you trust tab targeting.
90 Night Elf Warrior
Ran into this same problem... a bunch of elite guards popped out of nowhere and flagged us PvP without any interaction on our part
100 Night Elf Hunter
Flak Cannons do not flag you when you get hit. I got hit several times flying over the wall. Never flagged.

Attacking the Elite guards on the other hand, you will get flagged. Leave them alone.

At no point during any of these quests did I get flagged. I made double sure to not use any hunter power that might get me accidentally flagged: no multi-shot, no traps, no Dire Beast and especially no Stampede.

If you're getting flagged during these quests, stop using any sort of AoE. If you have any powers glyphed to make them do AoE damage, get rid of that before doing the dailies.

Edit: Get rid of the ghost iron dragonling trinket as well. That stupid little whelpling's chain lightning can be a right pain at the worst of times.
Edited by Tindomerel on 11/27/2012 8:03 PM PST
100 Human Paladin
So while are things that can be done to minimize danger, is there any reason not to have a "CANNOT be flagged" option? This will make a player unable to interact with pvp units, friendly or hostile outsides of BGs and Arenas.

The only thing that would change is the removal of unintended flagging which is caused by getting a player to flag through bugs, deceit or trickery for a cowardly gank. Known to some as griefing.

Does Blizzard or the playerbase not want to improve things by changing this? Players who don't want to PVP can avoid it, and those who do want can flag. All in the name of choice.
100 Draenei Shaman
I am getting flagged by Horde Death Gripping or Fearing me. Or getting caught in their AOE. I was not attacking anyone, letting the guards beat on my while getting the crate4s. Suddenly I am death gripped and flagged.

This needs to be fixed now. I do NOT want PVP. I am on a PVE server because I did not want to deal with this crap.
100 Draenei Shaman
Or maybe people should not be flagged and using a bug to flag those who aren;t. I've gotten flagged twice now, and not attacked once, not even AOE. Got Death Gripped or feared each time
100 Human Paladin
With more feedback we might finally get pvp protection on pve servers. If LFR/LFD exist, anything can happen.

Keep the feedback coming.
100 Draenei Shaman
I know how to keep myself unflagged. Never attacked the guards beating on me. Got flagged when a DK death gripped me. Fears been doing the same thing.
90 Human Rogue
11/27/2012 01:26 PMPosted by Izki

When are you being flagged? The quest should not flag you. Flagging for PvP should be the same as always on a PvE realm. If you're accidentally attacking opposite faction guards, you will be flagged as always.

The quests themselves do not flag you, but there are guards that will you hit them or they aggro you, and I saw flak cannons that I assume fire shots that flag you. Not to mention all the people from the other faction who are flagged in the hopes of getting hit and flagging you.

Dailies that offer VP and rep with a faction that sells PvE items should not be in an environment such as this.

do you understand what the purpose of Mists of Pandaria Expansion is? it focuses on the war between the horde and the alliance. so ofcourse people are going to try to take advantage of the system and try to do some pvp.
seriously. think about it.

there is SOME GUARDS around teh core npcs taht offer quests to the horde who will attack you if you get too close to them. so stay away from them. its quite obvious which are which.
85 Gnome Death Knight
11/27/2012 01:18 PMPosted by Nethaera
Is this a bug? These PvE quests for PvE rep loot purchased with PvE valor are flagging everyone for PvP, on a PvE realm.

When are you being flagged? The quest should not flag you. Flagging for PvP should be the same as always on a PvE realm. If you're accidentally attacking opposite faction guards, you will be flagged as always.

(on my main) I got flagged 3 times, twice I think a cannon hit me as I flew by and a third time from flying into the far left of the courtyard (up a little hill with a tower on it, and on the left as you are facing away from the ocean)

All three of these times I was flying and not attacking anything.

I got flagged one other time targeting and shooting at a flak canon, that did not have a PvP frame
100 Night Elf Druid
You will have to actively seek out the PvP on a PvE server. The daily areas where you can possibly be flagged have so many of your own faction running around that the opposing faction stays far away, or get killed in 5 seconds.

And, for the record, I dig it. I like the fact that NPCs aren't your only obstacles and occasionally you'll have to kill players. It fits well with the story.

For the purposes of bug reporting, I will say I got flagged without entering the objectives to try and cap. I got flagged when I killed one of the Desolation Grunts. Sorta confused me.
Edited by Fudgesicle on 11/27/2012 8:29 PM PST
100 Night Elf Hunter
11/27/2012 08:25 PMPosted by Shinysparkle

(on my main) I got flagged 3 times, twice I think a cannon hit me as I flew by and a third time from flying into the far left of the courtyard (up a little hill with a tower on it, and on the left as you are facing away from the ocean)

All three of these times I was flying and not attacking anything.

I got flagged one other time targeting and shooting at a flak canon, that did not have a PvP frame

Sounds like there may be some areas where simply flying too close will auto-flag you. This is the case in many areas of the world at various opposite faction towns/villages.

Also, it's also possible simply getting aggro from the PVP flagged guards will flag you as well.

Ooooorrrr, we're seeing a return of the bug where DK's could flag you without you doing anything to trigger it.
100 Pandaren Rogue
Well this expansion is war based so pvp is big, even if it is on a PVE realm
100 Draenei Priest

Is it possible to complete the dalies at your own base in any meaningful amount of time? Are there zones all around the base to get quest items in addition to the ones close to the enemy base? Are there quests that make you specifically go over to the other base?

Everything is at your base. I've done the quests and the only thing I had to leave the base for were the crates and even those spawn at the docks of your base...and if you do have to leave your base for the crates they're right outside along the beach....The opposing factions base is on the other side of the entire zone.

So no...there is no reason to go near the other base.

You shouldn't always AssUMe things. While you may have been able to complete your dailies without heading to the opposing faction headquarters, that wasn't the case for all of us. For example http://www.wowhead.com/faction=1376#quests requires alliance to kill 3 npcs that are inside the horde walled area at their forte.
100 Pandaren Monk
Please Blizzard for the love of all that is holy take this time to fix the broken pvp flagging system.
Take a look at how rift handles pvp flagging.
Add a toggle that when i have pvp auto flag disabled i can not take any action for or against a pvp flagged player! Trying to do so returns a chat message of pvp state incompatible;e with target. That includes pvp npc's In rift the only way to pvp flag is to walk into the other factions main city.
100 Pandaren Monk
11/27/2012 08:34 PMPosted by Neostrike
Well this expansion is war based so pvp is big, even if it is on a PVE realm

WRONG!!!
Those of us on pve servers have chosen to fight this war against NPC's.
Or has it slipped your mind that there are plenty of other faction npc's we pve players can kill.
100 Pandaren Monk

The quests themselves do not flag you, but there are guards that will you hit them or they aggro you, and I saw flak cannons that I assume fire shots that flag you. Not to mention all the people from the other faction who are flagged in the hopes of getting hit and flagging you.

Dailies that offer VP and rep with a faction that sells PvE items should not be in an environment such as this.

do you understand what the purpose of Mists of Pandaria Expansion is? it focuses on the war between the horde and the alliance. so ofcourse people are going to try to take advantage of the system and try to do some pvp.
seriously. think about it.

there is SOME GUARDS around teh core npcs taht offer quests to the horde who will attack you if you get too close to them. so stay away from them. its quite obvious which are which.

Another person that does not get that we pve players fight this war against other faction npc's!
85 Goblin Shaman
If the quests awarded HP or CP and the rewards sold were PvP rewards, I would say the potential for PvP was well placed, and simply avoid the area. Unfortunately, such is not the case.

War can still be dramatized without involving PvP.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]