Landfall = Forced PvP on PvE Realms?

(Locked)

100 Night Elf Druid
11/27/2012 08:42 PMPosted by Okamie
Well this expansion is war based so pvp is big, even if it is on a PVE realm

WRONG!!!
Those of us on pve servers have chosen to fight this war against NPC's.
Or has it slipped your mind that there are plenty of other faction npc's we pve players can kill.

Nothing's forcing you to PvP. Literally nothing. Every single daily is completable without even seeing a horde.
100 Draenei Paladin
Hammer to Fall is the quest on the ally side causing the issue.

It is not the quest itself that's the issue, but the mob you need to kill ( Heavy Mooks)

These ARE triggering a flag on ally players.

First occasion: Killed 1 inside the keep instantly got jumped by a sudden guard who spawned, then reset, and a flagged lock. I ran, since the lock had the high ground and I had no way of winning.

Second occasion: Had 2 mins left on flag from before, went after a second HEavy Mook. IMMIDEATLY I ended up flagged again, without a countdown timer. Killed it, got outa combat, my counter reset to 5 mins. This time, there was NO OTHER mob around, and nothing but the mook touched me.

Clearly, like the monkeys in Jade forest which are not shown as flagged for PvP these mobs are in fact flaggling players. (I am refering to the monkey men around Grooken hill, they are not all in fact marked as PvP targets, which I found out the hard way)

Okay upon further testing, this bug is sporatic. Of the 6 mooks I killed, 3 flagged me, 3 did not. I even killed 2 in the same spot, which resulted in 1 flagging me, and 1 not flagging me. Something strange is going on with these specific mobs, causing random flagging.
Edited by Gwaeniiha on 11/27/2012 9:10 PM PST
85 Human Paladin
WHY?????? WTF BLIZZ. I play this game for the PVE, so please tell me why I have to do freakin dailies in 5.1 with others who are in PVP gear!!! They should be separate for PVP and PVE, not all in the same place. Aswell, you put in a fine group daily quest for us, that would be great IF MY DAM SERVER WAS FULL!!! No cross-realm in Pandaria remember!!! Now I jump off the ship and land straight into a mass of horde laughing their !@# off.."easy kill boys, another one geared in PVE". Expansion was looking good, until 5.1 dropped. FIX IT! Or my bucks stop here.
85 Goblin Shaman
Bug or whatever, people are ending up flagged while taking no hostile action against a guard or enemy player. This is what needs to be addressed and fixed.

Simply changing things so that any attempted action against a flagged player or NPC will return an "invalid target" message unless you yourself are flagged would fix a lot of problems.
100 Night Elf Druid
11/27/2012 01:18 PMPosted by Nethaera
Is this a bug? These PvE quests for PvE rep loot purchased with PvE valor are flagging everyone for PvP, on a PvE realm.

When are you being flagged? The quest should not flag you. Flagging for PvP should be the same as always on a PvE realm. If you're accidentally attacking opposite faction guards, you will be flagged as always.

I got flagged twice, I did NOT flag for PvP, I was just trying to do my dailies and I think I got shot by something in the air that flagged me. Then hordes killed me :(

I'm on a PvE server, I do NOT want to PvP... EVER!
20 Goblin Warlock
Yet another epic fail by blizzard...One day Blizzard will go out of business...World of Warcraft will end...Then...What will you do...what will you do!?!?!?!
85 Blood Elf Mage
11/27/2012 02:20 PMPosted by Xanzül
I don't care what other players are doing. If I see someone flagged I don't aoe or mindlessly attack things. Again this is preventable and NOTHING about flagging has changed. NO ONE can flag you unwillingly. NO ONE.

Bullcrap and 100% wrong.

Sha of Anger MC says hi.
96 Human Paladin
They will give you TITAN :)
90 Human Warrior
I think getting hit by a cannon auto flags you. That seemed to be what was getting me.
Hammer to Fall is the quest on the ally side causing the issue.

It is not the quest itself that's the issue, but the mob you need to kill ( Heavy Mooks)

These ARE triggering a flag on ally players.

First occasion: Killed 1 inside the keep instantly got jumped by a sudden guard who spawned, then reset, and a flagged lock. I ran, since the lock had the high ground and I had no way of winning.

Second occasion: Had 2 mins left on flag from before, went after a second HEavy Mook. IMMIDEATLY I ended up flagged again, without a countdown timer. Killed it, got outa combat, my counter reset to 5 mins. This time, there was NO OTHER mob around, and nothing but the mook touched me.

Clearly, like the monkeys in Jade forest which are not shown as flagged for PvP these mobs are in fact flaggling players. (I am refering to the monkey men around Grooken hill, they are not all in fact marked as PvP targets, which I found out the hard way)

Okay upon further testing, this bug is sporatic. Of the 6 mooks I killed, 3 flagged me, 3 did not. I even killed 2 in the same spot, which resulted in 1 flagging me, and 1 not flagging me. Something strange is going on with these specific mobs, causing random flagging.

Strange. I killed my heavy mooks and didn't get flagged. I wonder what the difference was between your experience and mine. (Genuinely curious...not being sarcastic here.)
90 Gnome Priest
11/27/2012 01:18 PMPosted by Nethaera
When are you being flagged? The quest should not flag you. Flagging for PvP should be the same as always on a PvE realm. If you're accidentally attacking opposite faction guards, you will be flagged as always.

You don't have to attack a guard or flagged players. You automatically get flagged doing the quests if you accidently get too close the the guards (who are numerous and very close to the quest objectives/mobs).

I was unflagged, flew over to the Mook dude, hit him with a SWP and all of the sudden was flagged and within about 1.5 seconds had 4 horde killing me. It happened no less than 3 or 4 times in the same quest area.

I left Cho'gall for a PVE server on purpose... it had a lot to do with just wanting to play in peace.
85 Blood Elf Mage
11/27/2012 08:19 PMPosted by Moskva
I know how to keep myself unflagged. Never attacked the guards beating on me. Got flagged when a DK death gripped me. Fears been doing the same thing.

Can someone confirm this?
90 Human Rogue
I am getting flagged by Horde Death Gripping or Fearing me. Or getting caught in their AOE. I was not attacking anyone, letting the guards beat on my while getting the crate4s. Suddenly I am death gripped and flagged.

This needs to be fixed now. I do NOT want PVP. I am on a PVE server because I did not want to deal with this crap.

a horde player cannot death grip or fear you unless you are already pvp flagged.
90 Gnome Priest
11/27/2012 09:23 PMPosted by Sorrów
I know how to keep myself unflagged. Never attacked the guards beating on me. Got flagged when a DK death gripped me. Fears been doing the same thing.

Can someone confirm this?

My guess is that they didn't realize they were flagged when they were DG'd. Guard aggro is auto-flagging me, even if I don't attack them at all.
11/27/2012 09:21 PMPosted by Eliesa
Strange. I killed my heavy mooks and didn't get flagged. I wonder what the difference was between your experience and mine. (Genuinely curious...not being sarcastic here.)

I've seen many alliance on my server kill Mooks without being flagged too. I've also seen flagged people of both factions, though. Not everyone on PvE servers hate PvP, so I think some people are flagging for fun and trying to bait others into it.
90 Gnome Priest

I'm not sure what the issue is either. Out of the 5 total that i killed, 3 of them flagged me, and 2 did not. At least 2 of the times that I got flagged, it was on the same Mook, and I was chased by a guard after becoming flagged. My assumption was that it was an issue with guards, but maybe the Mooks randomly flag players?

I did the quests with my fiance, and we seemed to get flagged at the same times, from attacking the same targets. On one occasion though, I was flagged after attacking a Mook, and she was not.

It's really confusing, but I was definitely flagged numerous times without attacking flagged Horde players or attacking guards.
100 Human Rogue
Don't know if this has been pointed out yet or not. Somehow, the hordies are getting the guards from the nearby actual horde base to roam into the daily area. This of course causes them to aggro on alliance, insta tag us and the fun for horde players ensues. I believe the same thing is happening to the horde players doing their dailies.

Tab targeting is not the cause of this. Just being in sight of a guard is. The real question here is, how in the hell was this not discovered prior to going live with it?

Plain and simple, many of us rolled on PVE servers to either never PVP or only at our choosing to do so. Please do not try to placate us with a "working as intended" response to this issue. A player's time is valuable to them. Getting flagged out of nowhere and having to deal with body camping horde players or waiting five minutes to de-flag and having this happen repeatedly is a serious waste of time. This is also a detractor for certain players who will avoid this new content at all costs because of this disconcerting issue.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]