Scenario: A Little Patience

90 Human Priest
Ok, so I queued for this new scenario and wow, it was not what I was expecting. My group got in and after we started reading what little instructions we saw, we started to wander around. We knew there was a timer for Varian's patience and it clearly ran out as we wandered around trying to figure out what to do. This event has little to no instructions and after we stumbled around for 30 minutes we finally got to the part where we go after the boss. Well, he roared and jumped in front of us and then... nothing. He just stood there, untargetable. So we ran around for another 10 min trying to see if we did something wrong or missed anything but we couldn't find anything. As a result of having nothing to do and wasting lots of time we finally disbanded and moved on.

This event needs some major help, especially in the instructions department. NPCs need to shout out instructions if they are not getting what they need in a timely manner. If you want me to get something off the tigers, then put it in the quest objectives. Tool tips need to be placed onto mobs just like regular quest text like "drops X for Y". We also should have an NPC guide us to where we need to go and have them marked on the map. I don't want to have to go buy Spark Notes to figure out how to do an event that should take 15 minutes and not 30+ and break.

An ordinary daily quest gives me more instruction than this event which is sad considering that a lot of work was put into it. My request to Blizzard, please take some time and clean up the instructions and help us out. This was a horrible first impression and after having several bad times in scenarios that just never ended, I am going to back away from them yet again until I hear that there has been more attention placed into them.
Reply Quote
Im in this scenario right now. None of us have a clue what to do
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Yeah we can't target Commander Scargash. Seems broken.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Agreed. Just tried to run it and none of us knew what to do. We finally figured it out but the boss guy was untargetable. Like you said we wandered around looking for what we did wrong. We left. It was a very bad first impression.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
My first group had the same problem, especially not knowing how to wake up Master Brownstone. The scenario is entirely learn by doing. Every mob you kill drops a different item you need to complete the defenses; whether killing the humanoids for rations, crocs for meat, or sprites for water to wake up the sleeping pandas. There are also dead branches laying around to satisfy the wood stations.

We were also confused at the end when the boss wasn't targetable. We quickly found out you have to kill both groups of elites and then he jumps down and becomes active.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Cleared it first go... it's not that hard to get your heads around it
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
You can literally do anything. Everything drops something, theres lootable items around, you use them all in the camps.

I totally agree that its really confusing and needs to give more directions though. Its a lot like Unga Ingoo, minus the directions - People are supposed to split up and divide task, but they don't really know what to do and they can't decide if you ask them to.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
He's also frozen for me
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
A Little Patience is very much like an RTS game - as I'm sure you know, Warcraft started as an RTS series. It's a nice throw-back.

Find the two groups in the area with the white talk bubbles and get them started building. Loot drops from mobs like food, or pick up resources like ore, and use them at the camps to speed up progress. Defend the camps when you get word that it's attacked.

It's really easy if you've ever played a previous Warcraft game.

(no idea what varian's patience timer is for though. it ran out for us and nothing happened)
Reply Quote
Pandaren builders are really annoying.
11/27/2012 11:03 PMPosted by Reignac
(no idea what varian's patience timer is for though. it ran out for us and nothing happened)
Done it twice, once where we got it before the timer ran out, once where we didn't.

Couldn't see any difference.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
where the hell do you start it from
??????????????????????????????????
Reply Quote
where the hell do you start it from
??????????????????????????????????

Same place you start every other scenarios.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
There could be a little more instruction, but you'll succeed as long as you do things, no matter what they are. Most of the items don't have to be used on objects in the world, you can just use them out of your inventory as long as you are at a construction site.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Thats the thing with scenarios, they are just quests without the quest log. It feels like I'm SKIPPING story rather than being immersed in it. Like making an alt, it just feels like you're rushing content to get where you want.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
aus
I found it confusing, Ok I have a water thing, I used a water thing to wake up the panderens, this time, the camp is not active? Umm why? what am I supposed to do to make it active.

It did not help that when I was trying to figure it out and killing mobs to see if they dropped stuff the first three did not drop anything so, I decided that was not the answer.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Just zoned in to this scenario that was on stage 2, kill the boss.... and he just sat their untargetable. Had to leave and now have a 30 minute debuff.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Yet another instance which comes down to Tyrande not knowing what she is doing and having to be told 'Hush Tyrande' constantly.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
It's a fun scenario once you figure what to do. And that's the issue, figuring it out: just like every other, you're thrown in there with an objective on the right and no other clue. My group roamed around for a few minutes until things started clicking. Slowly.

They don't need to hold hands or anything, but an objective longer than 5 words would be helpful.

11/28/2012 06:28 AMPosted by Kickgruntler
Yet another instance which comes down to Tyrande not knowing what she is doing and having to be told 'Hush Tyrande' constantly.

Woman in WoW:

- Weak, needs to be saved/guided. Ex.: Tyrande, specially during the War of the Ancients
- Strong, but pretty much always wrong. Ex.: Jaina wanting to blow up Org
- Bat!@#$ insane. Ex.: Maiev
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Only issue I have is the Panda camp. It is stupid long. I must've given a zillion waters plus every other items and after 15min still wasn't any faster. That is just wrong.
Edited by Hatedon on 11/28/2012 11:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
It's a fun scenario once you figure what to do. And that's the issue, figuring it out: just like every other, you're thrown in there with an objective on the right and no other clue. My group roamed around for a few minutes until things started clicking. Slowly.

They don't need to hold hands or anything, but an objective longer than 5 words would be helpful.

Woman in WoW:

- Weak, needs to be saved/guided. Ex.: Tyrande, specially during the War of the Ancients
- Strong, but pretty much always wrong. Ex.: Jaina wanting to blow up Org
- Bat!@#$ insane. Ex.: Maiev

You haven't paid attention to the fact that over half of the major characters in pandaland so far have been female and almost all of them aren't whiney weak children, always wrong, or bat!@#$ insane, have you?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]