Bear/cat form art removal

90 Tauren Druid
Whats the point of playing a druid if you dont shapeshift, it is what the whole Class is built upon
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/10/2012 08:27 PMPosted by Strifegambit
Whats the point of playing a druid if you dont shapeshift, it is what the whole Class is built upon

Facepalm is very appropriate here.

Is this a question? If so, are you talking to yourself? I can't help but notice that you posted from a resto spec. Which is unglyphed. So you don't shift. So you can go ahead an play another class. By your own logic.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/11/2012 11:12 AMPosted by Wildkin

Is this a question? If so, are you talking to yourself? I can't help but notice that you posted from a resto spec. Which is unglyphed. So you don't shift. So you can go ahead an play another class. By your own logic.

Okay then...I'll ask for him.

Why are you attempting to get rid of a class' core mechanic? Druids are extremely viable in PVP with increased mobility and shape shifting even has it's uses in raids.

Plus I don't see how being able to shapeshift even effects you...it's not like you're forced to go into Feral or anything.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It would be really nice if people would read the thread before commenting.

12/11/2012 11:21 AMPosted by Sohra
Why are you attempting to get rid of a class' core mechanic? Druids are extremely viable in PVP with increased mobility and shape shifting even has it's uses in raids.

The core mechanic argument has already been debunked as many alleged core mechanics have changed throughout the years. Second, I am not attempting anything. Blizzard has already given, then removed, then given back forms (with the glyph option) to resto and balance. Doesn't seem like much of a "core mechanic" when half of the specs don't shift into animals (or trees). Third, I never said anything about removing shifting, only the art form itself.

Personally, I have always run bear/boomkin. When I discovered the loot reward system in MoP I decided to go feral instead. When I was balance spec I did indeed use a glyph to stay in humanoid form. All I'm asking for is the option via glyph to do the same with all specs. Again, no one would force you to use the feral glyph if you don't want to.

Just yesterday I zoned into Pandaria, shifted into cat form, then into bird form, then killed a mob back in cat form. Except the onscreen model never changed from night elf. I was able to dash on two legs, fly as if I were swimming, and kill the mob with my gloriously transmogged polearm. Mangle swung the weapon. World of Warcraft did not implode.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It would be really nice if people would read the thread before commenting.

The core mechanic argument has already been debunked as many alleged core mechanics have changed throughout the years. Second, I am not attempting anything. Blizzard has already given, then removed, then given back forms (with the glyph option) to resto and balance. Doesn't seem like much of a "core mechanic" when half of the specs don't shift into animals (or trees). Third, I never said anything about removing shifting, only the art form itself.

Personally, I have always run bear/boomkin. When I discovered the loot reward system in MoP I decided to go feral instead. When I was balance spec I did indeed use a glyph to stay in humanoid form. All I'm asking for is the option via glyph to do the same with all specs. Again, no one would force you to use the feral glyph if you don't want to.

Just yesterday I zoned into Pandaria, shifted into cat form, then into bird form, then killed a mob back in cat form. Except the onscreen model never changed from night elf. I was able to dash on two legs, fly as if I were swimming, and kill the mob with my gloriously transmogged polearm. Mangle swung the weapon. World of Warcraft did not implode.

That was probably as a result from latency.

So if I understand correctly, you're wanting to use Feral/Bear abilities as a Night Elf similar to the way Boomkins look when glyphed?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yes. I could do without the sparkles.
Edited by Wildkin on 12/11/2012 12:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I didn't really read through the immense amount of posts, but how would you account for using the actual abilities that require claws, slteahing, roaring, etc.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
No, you're bad and you should feel bad.

Kids like you are ruining this game. Leave our forms alone.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
And that would probably make more sense if I posted on my druid, not my hunter.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/11/2012 01:10 PMPosted by Soundwavé
Kids like you are ruining this game.

Blizzard chose to remove Tree of Life form, as well as give the option to remove Moonkin form, not I my friend. I see your druid has chosen to glyph the tree back, and keep the standard Moonkin form. That's great, it's awesome that INT druids have that choice, to go either way with either spec. I'm simply asking for the same option for AGI druids. Not too hard for adults to understand.
Edited by Wildkin on 12/11/2012 1:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
12/11/2012 01:28 PMPosted by Wildkin
Kids like you are ruining this game.

Blizzard chose to remove Tree of Life form, as well as give the option to remove Moonkin form, not I my friend. I see your druid has chosen to glyph the tree back, and keep the standard Moonkin form. That's great, it's awesome that INT druids have that choice, to go either way with either spec. I'm simply asking for the same option for AGI druids. Not too hard for adults to understand.

You realize it wouldn't even make sense though? Abilities like mangle, rake, rip, and even bear hug, they wouldn't even make sense in caster form. They are cat and bear form abilities. That's the way it has always been, whereas in the beginning, heals and magical spells like moonfire and starfire could always be cast in caster form.

It would take away any uniqueness of playing the druid class. We'd basically just be like Rogue/DK/Warrior/Monk.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Why play moonkin over mage then? Or resto over a priest?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Because boomkin and tree form> boring people form
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
When they finally allow us to have costumes in forms, you'll know the time is ripe. Until then, you'll continue to see the BS argument of "HOW WILL THEY KNOW WHAT SPEC I AM IN PVP?!?111?!1ONEONEONE?"

I like forms. I think they add a fun flavor to the class and I gotta admit I don't really understand why you'd choose to play a druid if you didn't like the forms. I love that moonkin form is goofy as hell. BUT I'm starting to get that there's nothing really sacred about them, even cat and bear forms which give you an entirely new resource. There's no accounting for some peoples' aesthetic tastes, I guess.

The main argument against this that I can think of is that it's too niche for it to be worth designer's time. You know they wouldn't just make a glyph to remove the form entirely (otherwise they would have just done that with moonkin form glyph). They already spent a lot of time pretty recently redesigning bear and cat form. While this isn't an argument for why it shouldn't happen, I think it's a pretty reasonable explanation of why it's not likely to happen.

Well, that and the fact that Blizz thinks people are too stupid to look at druid auras, but can do just fine looking at paladin, warrior, monk, shaman and DK auras.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
While removing the forms from resto and boomkins make sense, it just sounds and would look incredibly stupid to do this for a feral or guardian druid.

This would be like going to the store to buy some ice cream and then complaining that the ice cream is too cold. They aren't going to make warm ice cream and they certainly aren't going to give us the option to remove feral/guardian forms.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Actually i am glyphed for Treant, not sure why you couldn't see that or don't you know how to view their other specs when looking at someone's armoury, LMAO
Also the majority of druids i know only picked the class because of shapeshifting
Edited by Strifegambit on 12/11/2012 4:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/11/2012 04:21 PMPosted by Strifegambit
Actually i am glyphed for Treant, not sure why you couldn't see that or don't you know how to view their other specs when looking at someone's armoury, LMAO

My mistake.

Must be nice to have a choice of humanoid vs shifted form.

Ferals/Guardians don't get a choice by the way. Not sure if you understood that.
Edited by Wildkin on 12/11/2012 8:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
11/28/2012 06:02 PMPosted by Saeilfa
Do you Mangle, Maul, Rake, Shred, etc with your hands? No, you don't. It makes very little sense even within the logic of World of Warcraft (where the logic is sometimes a little weird too).

Correct. How will you? You can't! Besides, wouldn't it look boring without a fluffy little cat, or the bears puffy paws? I would miss it :( Shapeshifting is what makes all druids SPECIAL. And that's why they're called DRUIDS.
Edited by Honeydrop on 12/11/2012 9:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

Ferals/Guardians don't get a choice by the way. Not sure if you understood that.

Oh god, please just stop already.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Posted by Saeilfa
Do you Mangle, Maul, Rake, Shred, etc with your hands? No, you don't. It makes very little sense even within the logic of World of Warcraft (where the logic is sometimes a little weird too).

Correct. How will you? You can't!

I've already offered a possible solution to that. There are many.

Allow me to educate you further:

Owlkin Frenzy
Requires Druid (Balance)
Requires level 48
Requires Moonkin Form
Attacks done to you while in Moonkin Form have a 15% chance to cause you to go into a Frenzy, increasing your damage by 10% and causing you to be immune to pushback while casting Balance spells. Lasts 10 sec.

This spell works fine, even when a balance druid is in caster form (glyph of the stars). How does that work exactly? A non owlkin goes into an owlkin frenzy? That makes very little sense, yet the developers chose to leave it in.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]