39/40: Taming the World Achieve...

90 Human Warrior
As the title says im currently stuck at 39/40 master pet tamers for the Taming the World achieve. I have defeated all master tamers up to and including the pandaren spirit tamers. Is there a master tamer i have overlooked somewhere or am i gonna have to create a horde character and defeat one of the horde only tamers for the achieve?

And if i do have to create a horde character am i able to simply pick up the quest on a horde alt, switch to my alliance main and go battle the horde only trainer on my ally main?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank's!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
11/28/2012 02:27 PMPosted by Streetglory
nd if i do have to create a horde character am i able to simply pick up the quest on a horde alt, switch to my alliance main and go battle the horde only trainer on my ally main?

Yes, you can do it on any toon once you accept the quest.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Good to know. Thank you for responding!
Reply Quote
87 Undead Mage
I'm stuck at 39/40 as well.

If there's some extra horde tamer as above says, where was he?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
I tried this (make an alliance character), i just got the same quest again, still stuck at 39/40
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Same problem here.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
Deductions...Pre 5.1 "Defeat 45 Battle Pet Trainers"

Eastern Kingdoms: 6 Alliance Territory ( Lower Level Pet battle uncontested zones.)
6 Contested Zone PBTrainers

Kalimdor same numbers 6 in Horde zones 6 in Contested

Outland:5 Northrend:5 Cata:4 Pandaria 7
Grand Total counting all Trainers=45

Post 5.1 Q changed to 40, However....

Uncontested Zone Pet Battle Tamers Removed from the Tally seemingly even if all ready done.
45-6=39
Bad math is bad....

Therefore

The grand tally must be restored to include the 6 uncontested zone PBTs 45/40 achieveable
Adjust the requirement for achieve to 39/39
Adjust the requirement to reflect Kalimdor only or EK only totals 33/33

If you were flipping between Aliance and Horde Prior to 5.1 and allready had beat all 12 Kalimdor PBTs hordeside and All 12 EK PBTs Aliance side,

Well you and I are going to have to wait for another fix before we get our sexy hats.

Please Mail me a purple quality Etheral trader pet allong with the Hat thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I was stuck in the same boat, but ran across the southern barrens trainer chick on an alt. Once I battled her, it counted (though I never got the toast, just credit).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
45-6=39
Bad math is bad....

No, 45-6=38. Get it right. Blizzard will even back that up. JK.
In all seriousness, I have also gotten 39/40, beaten the pandaren spirit tamers, and beaten all tamers with the same team might I add. The Thundering Spirit Tamer was hard as hell. Took me around 20 tries until I finally got a break... with 14hp left on one pet...
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter

45-6=39
Bad math is bad....

I feel like I should be surprised... and yet... I'm not. Calcamulators r your friendz!

Also stuck at 39/40.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
also stuck on 39/40... crying now
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
make a opposing faction char and fight first trainer = 40/40
Edited by Bearelroll on 2/5/2013 7:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Is the point of this achieve to get you to fight on both sides, or is the concensus that it is a mistake in the Achievement?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
02/25/2013 08:12 AMPosted by Haassar
Is the point of this achieve to get you to fight on both sides, or is the concensus that it is a mistake in the Achievement?

very much intended. you can't tame the world if you are only taming part of it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Make a toon of opposite faction, and just beat a single tamer. You don't need the quest, can just walk up to the tamer and they'll give it to you if you are on it in other faction (39/40).

If you make alliance, make human, walk over to elwin forest there is a tamer there at the mine. That's what I did, 5 minutes and you are done.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
So which horde char should I make? Orc I would assume?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
I am at 34/40 atm and wanted to find out if after I do the Cata tamers (should put me at around 38/40 since there are 4 Cata tamers listed on that achievement), do the first set of Panda Tamers (not Spirit) count for this achievement?

I picked up the starting alliance tamer quest on a mage, battled with my horde, picked up the next one on my mage, battled horde, etc...till the lliance line was completed in Stranglethorn Cape along the coastline (can not remember the guys name). So that part is done. I have also done the Alliance dailies up to and including Northrend (same with horde).

Wowhead doesn't really give a list of tamers just zones. So yeah, do the first set of Pandaria Tamers count towards this achievement?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Just kill darkmoon faire one he really easy
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
03/02/2013 04:26 PMPosted by Stayfresh
Just kill darkmoon faire one he really easy

Incorrect, I was at 39/40, I defeated the Darkmoone Tamer, and I'm still at 39/40.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]