@Thursday

90 Orc Warrior
conq cap still glitch. yay

and still trying to find a blacksmith to make me a ragesteel breastplateto finish my xmog :(
Edited by Broward on 11/29/2012 8:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
11/29/2012 08:01 AMPosted by Rush
PANCAKES. HOW DO YOU BURN PANCAKES. YOU SIT THERE AND WATCH THEM THE ENTIRE TIME.

How in...WTF...fail...herp derp...
Reply Quote
I was gonna ask how 71k on LFR Elegon was but after looking at WoL I realize I suck lol.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I wouldn't use LFR rankings to compare to your DPS, they're all people that have like 490+ iLvl that just crush him :p
Reply Quote
I was top dps as arms so I guess it ain't too bad.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
It was likely a bad idea to get League of Legends.

>:(

okay i sleeps now

Not at all.
It's a bad idea to play League of Legends without me in your party though.
I make fun things happen.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
11/29/2012 07:42 AMPosted by Lakaine
With the temp issue is that CPU temp or overall case temp? If it is overall case, it could be your video card causing the issue.

I was thinking the same thing. Video cards can generate a lot of heat and when you run a game your machine is rendering graphics it doesn't otherwise have to. One suggestion might be to try running your system at minimum video settings and see if there's a difference. It won't look pretty but it will keep your system from crashing if it lowers the temp enough.

The only thing I know to debunk all of that is that this rig didn't have the amazing issues I had this past half a week over the near year and a half I've had it. But it was simple, apparently, it was on my end, which I expected. I was more frustrated at the WHAT was the cause when I knew the WHY.

And I still hate these stupid push in and snap heat sinks for CPUs, like, really. You can hear the damn thing snap in, but apparently that doesn't mean they're actually seated in well. I took the whole MoBo out four times yesterday before I took it out for a fifth time and actually tried to cut my finger from pressing the stupid clips in. And that got a nice click from it. And that was the trick.

Put in new thermal paste on the CPU and GPU because they both looked kinda shoddily done, granted the CPU came with the paste when I first bought it. Didn't know though that you could take a small, tiny, teeny brush and spread the thin layer of paste so there's 100% surface area covered. .. I did it with a business card I found on my car after washing, since that's a legit way of doing it too. :]

As far as temps go, it would idle at 50C, then jump to the 90 - 98C range while playing WoW. Or tabbing from WoW to Chrome would push it to the higher end of that. After I did what I did, it's now idling at 34C, and when I played Darksiders 2 for an hour late last night it didn't go higher than 60. So pretty sure my problem's fixed now and it was all on my end. And now I went ahead and put in the two extra fans I had laying around so there's more cool air coming in. Gonna look later for better air flow, however.

As for the RAM, I can't figure out yet why the machine wouldn't end its infinite loop of power on then restart cycle for having any more than two pieces of RAM in out of the four available slots. Yes, all the same make and model, I made sure of that when I bought it. That got fixed however, after I decided to just reset things on the MoBo by taking the battery out for a few minutes and was able to load the default settings. Dunno why that worked when I never touched any of that.

/WALL OF GEEK
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Camping Galleon is pretty fun guys I recommend you all try it out for at least a few hours
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
League of Legends

Listening to my buddies play all i hear is their anger, and I can get angry over WoW...
Im just afraid how angry I would get playing that.

But I do have a lot of respect for their art department, coming from a person that went to art school for Illustration
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
It's a community thing with League. The anger feeds off each other, you just gotta be the kind of person who stays calm and doesn't nerd rage.

Because it's PVP man, and PVP happens.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
It's a community thing with League. The anger feeds off each other, you just gotta be the kind of person who stays calm and doesn't nerd rage.

Because it's PVP man, and PVP happens.

HAH. But the RAGE ITSELF is what makes me stronger. And harder. And ar-----.

E: Unrelated. Joseph Gordon Levitt will be... Freaking, BATMAN? WAT.
Edited by Clutche on 11/29/2012 9:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
11/29/2012 09:31 AMPosted by Clutche

Mad respect for JGL. Dude's been working his !@# off in the industry for almost 2 decades to my knowledge, maybe even more.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue

Bake meh cookies.

To busy doing lfr/GL dailies on my lock!

I probably could. It's funny, I set the machine in WoW, watch temps and it'll go up to 98 C, but I leave it alone to idle and it goes down to 56 C right mow and still lowering. I don't get the massive jump, and I don't get how the machine could just stop taking an extra 8gb of RAM. I have the two extra RAM sticks just sitting here on my desk. If I put them in, even just one, into a third slot or use all four, PC just won't freakin' work.

E: 51C now.

E2: Go into WoW, and it jumps up to 95 and stays there.

Is it your Video card? Or your CPU Heatsink? I noticed mines did that. It looked like it was running normal, but then the fan would stop for a few seconds, and then go the other way.

Mad respect for JGL. Dude's been working his !@# off in the industry for almost 2 decades to my knowledge, maybe even more.

he's a good actor. They probably saw him in Inception. Him as Batman? Makes no sense! NIGHTWING!!!
Edited by Gummibeär on 11/29/2012 10:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
He's definitely gonna have to diesel up to play Batman. Anything's better than Mr. "Give me a coughdrop for the love of God" Christian Bale, however. !@#$ bring back Clooney. Cloooooney!
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
11/29/2012 10:13 AMPosted by Oxycut
He's definitely gonna have to diesel up to play Batman. Anything's better than Mr. "Give me a coughdrop for the love of God" Christian Bale, however. !@#$ bring back Clooney. Cloooooney!

But I liked Christian Bale!!!! Joseph Gordon SHOULD NOT (or anyone) be Batman. They should go on with the series, with a new character. NiGHTWiNG!
Edited by Gummibeär on 11/29/2012 10:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
11/29/2012 10:05 AMPosted by Gummibeär
Is it your Video card? Or your CPU Heatsink? I noticed mines did that. It looked like it was running normal, but then the fan would stop for a few seconds, and then go the other way.

CPU Heat Sink, and it's all been fixed up. basically user error.

Also, the only real way I see Levitt playing Batman?

Terry freakin' McGinniss.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
11/29/2012 10:25 AMPosted by Clutche
Terry freakin' McGinniss.

OR

11/29/2012 10:05 AMPosted by Gummibeär
NIGHTWING!!!

Both are win, but I would rather see Nightwing!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
No. Terry McGinnis and then bring in Michael Keaton as old man Bruce.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
11/29/2012 10:51 AMPosted by Clutche

You wanna see nuts?!?! I'll show ya nuts!

Michael Keaton as Bruce and someone else actually playing Batman with the same jawline would kick !@#.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
11/29/2012 11:02 AMPosted by Oxycut

You wanna see nuts?!?! I'll show ya nuts!

Michael Keaton as Bruce and someone else actually playing Batman with the same jawline would kick !@#.

That... Sir, that would be just too much for one screen to handle. And Levitt playing Batman is strictly for the Justice League movie.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]