Survival Ring daily?

100 Night Elf Druid
Is it just me or did this get a buff in 5.1? I have the blades one at the moment and last week it wasn't a problem, run around, dodge the mobs done.

Today I'm being belted around, I've been knocked out of the ring three times (One time after bouncing over two thirds of the field). I've had to run out twice to eat and there seems to be a lot of people in a similar situation, a lot of folks all standing around frantically healing or eating.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I hope it hasn't been change to that I can't hover over the blades in flight form while I afk for 90 seconds.

That quest has always been my favorite.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I believe they modified it because previously there was a spot you could just stand in (toward the stable) and never get hit by a panda.

And no, you don't get credit if you're airborne over the blades (and they can hit you).

The quest is very easy on a holy spec paladin, but very hard on non-healing specs, particularly those with low armor.

Right now, I just abandoned it on my rogue. Way too hard.
Edited by Osmeric on 11/30/2012 7:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You used to be able to fly to one of the pylons on the outside of the ring and just dismount while on it and the mobs wouldn't hit you but you'd get credit. They removed the ability to do that becasue now the mobs knock you off the perch. I just did this on my mage and the only way I could do it was to make a stack of biscuits and spam food after getting knocked around or taking damage.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
This quest is a !@#$ing disgrace, I've been doing this for 10 minutes and died about 5 times. Those bastard pandas fling you around, most of the time into the blades, and those damn blades just shred the %^-* out of me. My heals don't do anything and when I try to use my good heals I get flung into the !@#$ing blades.

In short, this quest is the absolute worse quest in the whole game. It's almost impossible and just makes your repair bill go through the %^-*ing roof.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Yes, I was just trying this on a cloth dps alt. Not going to bother doing that again. :)
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Haven't gotten the quest since the patch but it was a royal pain before so not looking forward to getting it now.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
Don't run around. Stand still and look to see if a panda is coming down your lane. If one is, move to another lane and back. That served me pretty well.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
11/30/2012 07:31 PMPosted by Osmeric
And no, you don't get credit if you're airborne over the blades (and they can hit you).

Bummer. I enjoyed getting credit for 90 seconds of AFK.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
12/17/2012 10:19 PMPosted by Vonawesome
Don't run around. Stand still and look to see if a panda is coming down your lane. If one is, move to another lane and back. That served me pretty well.

I bring few healing pots and do the same. It will happen once in a while you will get knocked around but try to run to the areas where there are less pandas. However I agree with the OP and other posters, it is an annoying challenge. We already have an incredible amount of dailies to finish and I think the amount of time we have to spend on this one just makes the grind a bit more aggravating.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I cant do this dumb quest. Get it out of the daily line up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]