Blizzard, Please Keep Dark Apotheosis!

90 Human Warlock
I've not had this much fun leveling a class/spec in years.

I understand some would like it to be purely for real tanking and others want it done away with altogether. It's so much fun in solo content, though! I love the look, I love the abilities, I love the whole thing.

I always wanted the Demon Hunter class. Since warlocks have gotten most of their signature abilities, DA is the closest thing I can get to feeling like one. Demonic Slash feels like an awesome melee claw swipe. The wings are permanent, etc. So much fun.

Please Blizzard. Don't let the detractors sway you. There are plenty of warlocks who LOVE Dark Apotheosis and don't want to see it nerfed or removed.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I second this. My lock has been the most fun class to level next to a Druid. I've had so much fun tanking in instances, and I really feel DA gives the demo spec a true class flavor of what a warlock really is and I would be very diseased with WoW if it was taken out. I finally feel like a tanky melee caster who can summon demons to helpe out.

Warlock is by far my most favorite class to play, and I've played all the classes. Please keep DA, Blizzard. I know your relationship with us locks hasn't been the most loving affair, but right now, I don't feel like I need to serve you papers, take the kids, and leave you with providing child support.

Don't let this marriage go to hell, Blizz. You already used all your soulstones on this one.
Reply Quote
87 Undead Warlock
Yes!

Yes to the entire OP.

I LOVE the Glyph of Demon Hunting.

I haven't had this much fun leveling since....ever I think.
Reply Quote
93 Pandaren Shaman
is it supposed to going somewhere?
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
Yea I'm confused. Did they say they were removing it or something?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Well a lot of topics have one argument or the other. Some say it's OP some say it's useless and most in those arguments call for it to be removed completely.

I could just be paranoid. When I really like something I'm always worried it's going to be ruined, lol.
Edited by Dreveth on 11/29/2012 2:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Well a lot of topics have one argument or the other. Some say it's OP some say it's useless and most in those arguments call for it to be removed completely.

Also with the nerfs it just got, I worry that they're thinking of removing it.

I could just be paranoid. When I really like something I'm always worried it's going to be ruined, lol.

What nerfs?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

Also with the nerfs it just got, I worry that they're thinking of removing it.

What nerfs?

Apologies. I had a strange glitch that a few others I know experienced as well and thought it was a nerf. Immolation Aura was no longer available in Dark Apotheosis for some reason.

After exiting the form and re-entering a few times it fixed itself.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Err... why not just make it baseline?

I mean, if they add a fourth spec, Dark Apotheosis could be on both. It's merely a Defensive Stance, anyways. I don't know why something so meaningful is on a glyph, to begin with.

They advocated in Beta that they couldn't put something like a tanking role on a glyph (even though it just changes the effects, it's not like it's a total new spec with new abilities), but it's fine to make one out of DA?

DA might not be a effective tanking role, but the complexity envolved is the same.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I actually haven't quested much with it but i will certainly try it. I hope my Wrathguard can keep the aggro.

With 3 level 90 and 3 level 88 i can safely say that warlocks are by far my favorite class to play, although blood DK's are starting to come close has well, druids are fun has well.

BTW Osiria i was never attracted by transmorg but decided i would once i get that same head piece you got haha
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
11/29/2012 02:50 PMPosted by Wetfoot
I actually haven't quested much with it but i will certainly try it. I hope my Wrathguard can keep the aggro.

So far my felguard has been keeping the aggro off of me just fine. I'd imagine the wrathguard would be even better. I'll know when I hit 75. :)

Edit: Also, for those rare moments when something slips past him for whatever reason, DA has fury ward to absorb damage.
Edited by Dreveth on 11/29/2012 2:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
[quote="71987855568"]
So far my felguard has been keeping the aggro off of me just fine. I'd imagine the wrathguard would be even better. I'll know when I hit 75. :)

I leveled up using grimoire of service but i am certain i wold have had fun has well with the wrathguard

if i can give you one piece of advice while leveling

no matter what elite mob you encounter even if its elite and 3 level above you

try it or should i say DO it

you will master the class and have a very satisfying feeling

I recall when i was lower ILVL geared and was in the vale of eternal blossom, a daily quest that was requesting me to kill an elite on a lake, the quest giver gave me a water walking buff that dont break when damages is inflicted. Anyway i kill the mob but in the corner of my eye on the grass i see a level 91 elite rare surrounded by many level 90 elite.

I say to myself "i am a warlock so might has well do it"

So i pull this dude (cant remember the name it was some Hosen type rare elite) and he starts to fling my Wrathguard everywhere in the vicinity pulling all these other 90 Hosen type elites into the fight. So at that point i was thinking better put my soulstone on.

Never got to use it.

It was beautiful.

glad to see another player is enjoying the warlock class has much has i did, i know many do.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
actually i was using grimoire of service for this Hosen encounter

and right after this fight i decided i was going to use the grimoire of supremacy from now on

figured the 20% damage increased would have made the encounter even more smooth
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
^ Epic stories like that are one of the reasons I love warlocks.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Seeing as how DA got a stealth buff in 5.1 (who knew such a thing existed?), I don't think it's going anywhere yet.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
11/29/2012 08:25 PMPosted by Rethasz
Seeing as how DA got a stealth buff in 5.1 (who knew such a thing existed?), I don't think it's going anywhere yet.

What buff? The Fury Ward charge?

We lost the auto-attack and Curse effectiveness, even though they've taken our baseline Soul Link. Might be OP in groups since it reduces all dmg done and all casting regardless of the target, but they should give our passive reduction back. While the second charge is good it still needs + 200 DF to use that takes a lot to build up. So, in the end, is just a nerf.

The talent one is just lame: raw 20% that allows people to hit you through your pet. I don't even want to know the math. Blizz avoided to comment on this one for the whole Beta even though people kept asking.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]