Most Popular New Hunter Pet

90 Blood Elf Priest
So far, I'd say Sunwing, the black dragonhawk is very popular as I've seen its spawn point heavily camped by hunters. I even ran into Tatianah the other day. (The hydra not good enough anymore? :P)

So what's your favorite new hunter pet? Personally, mine is my brand new Arcane Wyrm from Dragonblight.

Edit: Fixed my grammar.
Edited by Mareyne on 11/29/2012 10:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
I've been lazy checking out the new pets. I'm stuck on Savage, but I'm finding more and more hunters have tamed him. I need to find a cool Ravager skin, since thats the buff I need to bring to raids.

Edit: I just tamed Spirocula. Kind of a translucent white worm. Applies the same debuff as a ravager, but its exotic, so no switching to SV for me.
Edited by Ilych on 11/30/2012 1:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
So far, I'd say Sunwing, the black dragonhawk is very popular as I've seen its spawn point heavily camped by hunters. I even ran into Tatianah the other day. (The hydra not good enough anymore? :P)

So what's your favorite new hunter pet? Personally, mine is my brand new Arcane Wyrm from Dragonblight.

Edit: Fixed my grammar.

Sometimes the hydra's crit buff isn't needed and/or another raid buff is. In cases like these I keep a full stable of pets that can provide wide range of buffs and/or debuffs.

As for my favorite 5.1 pet, I'd have to say the new Arcane Wyrms. I picked up a blue one and named it Leviathan, after the summon monster from the Final Fantasy series.

Sunwing, however, has grown on me after proving his worth by helping us down Garalon and in part because I camped him for 3 hours and nearly got tame sniped by two horde hunters who still were kind enough to congratulate me after the tame.
Edited by Tatianah on 11/30/2012 10:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter

Sometimes the hydra's crit buff isn't needed and/or another raid buff is. In cases like these I keep a full stable of pets that can provide wide range of buffs and/or debuffs.

As for my favorite 5.1 pet, I'd have to say the new Arcane Wyrms. I picked up a blue one and named it Leviathan, after the summon monster from the Final Fantasy series.

Sunwing, however, has grown on me after proving his worth by helping us down Garalon and in part because I camped him for 3 hours and nearly got tame sniped by two horde hunters who still were kind enough to congratulate me after the tame.

Yeah, I've decided to keep pets providing each of the raid buffs as my 5 pets when doing dungeons. That may change if/when I start raiding on this toon.

You grabbed the blue Arcane Wyrm too? You copier! (Just kidding! Honest! :P)

I'm not that great of a camper. I'll check out spawn zones now and then and if I see a rare pet I want already spawned, I'll go after it, but hanging around for hours on end isn't that fun for me... So I've given up on Sunwing and ended up taming the gray dragonhawk, Manas.
Reply Quote
I absolutely love the White Arcane Wyrm from Coldarra (Spirit of the North)

I don't even want to get any other pets aside the new Silithus rares
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
11/30/2012 11:59 PMPosted by Märeyne
You grabbed the blue Arcane Wyrm too? You copier! (Just kidding! Honest! :P)

But taming the arcane wyrm was the first thing I did when servers came up! :)

11/30/2012 11:59 PMPosted by Märeyne
So I've given up on Sunwing and ended up taming the gray dragonhawk, Manas.

Manas is Sunwing's less well known but still awesome little brother. Grats on the tame, tho!
Edited by Tatianah on 12/1/2012 5:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I absolutely love the White Arcane Wyrm from Coldarra (Spirit of the North)

I don't even want to get any other pets aside the new Silithus rares

Yeah, the white's cool and so is the red. I decided on the blue to match my transmog set. :P

Edit: Oh what the heck? They're all cool. They're wyrms made out of arcane energies after all!

Manas is Sunwing's less well known but still awesome little brother. Grats on the tame, tho!

Thanks. I figure I'll grab Sunwing once the excitement dies down and there aren't hunters hanging around there 24/7.
Edited by Märeyne on 12/2/2012 1:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Does anyone know the spawn timer for spirocula? I found the worm at 3:55am grizzly hills server time. Bad News. I had to switch my pet to tank bear cause tank left and when i came out of dungeon there was my beauty. Of course my bear killed it in 2 secs before I could dismiss omg i could just release him right now lol
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Ho lee s**t that's quite the necro and not even from our server
Edited by Vaerwind on 1/21/2013 3:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
Bah it's a necro but still fun.

I actually haven't picked up any of the new pets.

Limpie the sporebat is still the one I usually need.

Daisy the Hyena still kept with me, no real urge to replace with a new wyrm.

I've had my dragonhawk Flare since I was a level 28 tauren hunter newb and tried to swim from Booty Bay to Eversong Woods...then found out that doesn't work and that there's a convenient Undercity portal system /derp, then leveled him from lvl7ish to match me.....then 20 levels later I learned how bad dragonhawks were at the time (caster stats!) but I still could never get rid of him and one of my 3 slots was his forevers. No new dragonhawk will ever be as purdy as him to me <3

I'm not really excited about dino pets coming soon either...I'm pretty happy with what I have :)
Edited by Feyranna on 1/21/2013 5:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
01/21/2013 05:06 AMPosted by Feyranna
I'm not really excited about dino pets coming soon either...I'm pretty happy with what I have :)

This saddens me. How can you not be excited about dinosaurs? DINOSAURS!
Reply Quote
Devilsaurs are dino enough for me :)

I wanted one of the pterodactyls from ungoro for a long time but I'm over it.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
You have not seen the new Dire Horns in action, have you? They. Are. Amazing. Still not sold on them? Two words: Triceratops Stampede. That on it's own is win.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]