Illegal or not?

1 Human Rogue
12/08/2012 12:07 AMPosted by Amorene
I recall demons corrupting their prince, taking over the Isle of Quel'Danas, and nearly blowing up the world (again) being one of the major events in the Sin'dorei's short history.

The Blood Elves don't like demons.

With that said, they're not superstitious or, for lack of a better term, "racist" like many other races are.

They really dislike demons, but they understand that they can be useful as a means to an end. So while no one is going to salute your fel guard, hug your void walker, hit on your succubus, or tell your imp he's doing a good job, warlocks wouldn't be out-right attacked / killed / have all the civilians fleeing in terror from them. The Blood Elves respect magical mastery and powerful; and demons, if you can control them, are a very powerful tool to wield.

12/08/2012 09:19 AMPosted by Deadmané
This thread is goin' off the rails on a crazy train....

Yeah. That's sort of what happens when Silver comes into a thread and starts ham-handedly arguing about subjects he's got little to no understanding of, and then refuses to back down on account of it would shatter his ego.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Mage
12/08/2012 04:23 PMPosted by Hallinton
Yeah. That's sort of what happens when Silver comes into a thread and starts ham-handedly arguing about subjects he's got little to no understanding of, and then refuses to back down on account of it would shatter his ego.

There I go. Inciting again.

12/08/2012 09:19 AMPosted by Deadmané
This thread is goin' off the rails on a crazy train....

Also, it really hasn't - the question that was raised was concerning Death Knights and warlocks and what to do about their various minions. It essentially ties into Death Knight and warlock RP and brings up a valid point that needs to be discussed - which has, admittedly, gone on longer than necessary.

But that point is simply: Yes, Death Knights are currently tolerated by the majority of Alliance citizens. But there is undoubtedly going to be a minority that: fear, loathe and distrust their presence in and around cities. The idea of an angry mob being formed is also logical if one of these minority can whip up other citizens into a frenzy - which would definitely not be difficult especially if a Death Knight is wandering around Stormwind with some form of undead in tow.

Anymore it's now just a debate of why a Death Knight is too intelligent to kill anyone in the mob because of negative repercussions that would befall it.
Edited by Maoseitun on 12/8/2012 6:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Req
Indeed. To be honest Hall, I thought you were kind of insane, but seeing you say this about Silver... I think you're right over all else. Talk about bringing personal feelings into a thread when you don't get your way.

Also yes I see you've responded back Silver, I'll get to it sometime in the future.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Mage
12/08/2012 07:30 PMPosted by Vynathlon
Talk about bringing personal feelings into a thread when you don't get your way.

Uhm... where have I brought personal feelings into this debate at all?

I just reread each post I made - not a single one involved personal feelings, nor anything concerning me 'not getting my way'. I mean, if you think pointing out flaws in your argument is bringing in personal feelings and me not getting my way...
Edited by Maoseitun on 12/9/2012 3:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
They really dislike demons, but they understand that they can be useful as a means to an end. So while no one is going to salute your fel guard, hug your void walker, hit on your succubus, or tell your imp he's doing a good job, warlocks wouldn't be out-right attacked / killed / have all the civilians fleeing in terror from them.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=18231 <-- There's a reason this guy's succy is only out at night. And it's only in murder row.

Also:
There is a conflict between appearance and decadence in culture, too. Blood elves like to appear perfect. Their city is a fine city, and on the surface nothing much seems wrong. But what when we take a closer look? Well, there is drug use (some legal, some not) as we can see from the waterpipes dotted around. There is also slavery, hidden away in the basement of a shop. There’s drunkenness within Murder Row. Interestingly, the warlock NPC only brings his succubus minion out at night… take from that what you will.

Speaking out against the regime was not tolerated. Simply enough, doing so would have lead to ‘silencing’ through whatever means this may be. There’s a small event you can still watch in the Bazaar where such a thing occurs.

(quotes taken from http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/859356996 )
edit: Accidentally put the wrong link. Fixed.

Anyway, I would speculate here that since:
1) Blood elves usually have a strong dislike for demons;
2) They like having a calm, peaceful, and perfect environment (notice the arcane constructs that walk around and threaten you if you "disturb" the peace.)

That it might be illegal to have your demon out in public during the day in SMC. Sure, you may not be arrested. But you just might go missing.
Edited by Vethelan on 12/9/2012 7:36 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]