5.1 Thought we could solo old content now?

(Locked)

Was running through the Temple of Ahn'whatever (Classic Raid), and realized there are two bosses we cannot solo due to mechanics...

The green ooze dude (needs ice magic), and the twins that you have to keep away from each other.

Did I read the patch notes wrong or something, or did they on fix BC and Wrath raids?

Blizz?
100 Blood Elf Mage
the twins you can just out dps the heals and for the green ooze you can use the deathfrost enchant
90 Pandaren Monk
12/01/2012 02:06 PMPosted by Renu
the twins you can just out dps the heals and for the green ooze you can use the deathfrost enchant
Or frost oil, which would probably be easier to obtain. It's not like he can kill you, so just equip a 70 weapon, beat on him until he's frozen, then switch to your actual weapon and kill him.
90 Human Warlock
I thought all sources of damage froze Viscidus now. Also, the hotfix yesterday increased the cast time of the twins heal. It also let me solo Reliquary.
Edited by Deragus on 12/1/2012 2:09 PM PST
90 Human Paladin
cough C'thun cough
90 Pandaren Monk
nowhere in the patch did it say "you can solo old Raid content now, we've dumbed it down to just pew-pew for those of you that refuse to bother learning fight mechanics"
100 Dwarf Mage
If you still need Frost damage to freeze him, you can try one of these weapons:
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=55755#used-by-item

Or Brunnhildar Bow if you're a Hunter.

12/01/2012 02:10 PMPosted by Carnage
cough C'thun cough

He was actually hotfixed recently to make the stomach phase possible:
Several classic raid bosses have been adjusted to be more friendly to solo players:
  • Viscidus
    • Viscidus now remains frozen for 30 seconds (was 15), and it takes 30 hits to shatter Viscidus (was 50).

• The Twin Emperors
    • The recast time for Heal Brother has been increased to 3 seconds (was 2).

• C'thun
    • Players now have 5 minutes to escape C'thun's stomach and resume the battle before it resets.

• Al'ar
    • Al'ar and Ember of Al'ar are no longer immune to fire damage.

• Reliquary of Souls
    • Spirit Shock now has a 15 second recast time (was 0 seconds).

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7922045/Patch_51_Hotfixes_-_November_29-11_29_2012
Edited by Choonster on 12/1/2012 2:15 PM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
cough C'thun cough

Doesn't 1 shot you in stomach anymore.
90 Blood Elf Monk
cough C'thun cough

leave the worm boss alive. clear trash. pull worm boss. kite to cthun's room.

every time cthun eats you, the worm teleports you out of his stomach. yes, it will take a long time. but it is easy to solo with this strat.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
FYI, the MOP weapon enchant that does elemental damage counts as frost for the ooze.
90 Human Paladin
12/01/2012 02:10 PMPosted by Sãd
nowhere in the patch did it say "you can solo old Raid content now, we've dumbed it down to just pew-pew for those of you that refuse to bother learning fight mechanics"

Sorry but having a boss follow you all the way to another boss just to avoid an automatic death is not what I call ''learning fight mechanics''. There's still a lot of fight that by mechanics alone, are not soloable (looking at you Kalecgos...)
100 Human Mage
Any mages have any luck soloing Patchwerk to get to the pet Gluth has? He just wrecks my face over and over again.
90 Blood Elf Warrior
cough C'thun cough

12/01/2012 02:14 PMPosted by Carnage

Sorry but having a boss follow you all the way to another boss just to avoid an automatic death is not what I call ''learning fight mechanics''. There's still a lot of fight that by mechanics alone, are not soloable (looking at you Kalecgos...)

I solo'd C'thun today...if you don't know how to kill the stomach adds then you probably don't deserve loot.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
12/01/2012 02:14 PMPosted by Kerrath
cough C'thun cough

leave the worm boss alive. clear trash. pull worm boss. kite to cthun's room.

every time cthun eats you, the worm teleports you out of his stomach. yes, it will take a long time. but it is easy to solo with this strat.

You dont even need to do that, he eats you, kill the tentacles down there, go back up and kill him.
17 Tauren Priest
Several classic raid bosses have been adjusted to be more friendly to solo players:

Viscidus
Viscidus now remains frozen for 30 seconds (was 15), and it takes 30 hits to shatter Viscidus (was 50).
The Twin Emperors
The recast time for Heal Brother has been increased to 3 seconds (was 2).
C'thun
Players now have 5 minutes to escape C'thun's stomach and resume the battle before it resets.
Al'ar
Al'ar and Ember of Al'ar are no longer immune to fire damage.
Reliquary of Souls
Spirit Shock now has a 15 second recast time (was 0 seconds).
90 Pandaren Monk

actually, if you learned that you can kite one boss to another to avoid something that happens during the fight WOULD be considered "learning fight mechanics"

and again, nowhere in the patch notes did it say ALL bosses, it said SOME
Edited by Sãd on 12/1/2012 2:21 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]