5.1 Thought we could solo old content now?

(Locked)

100 Orc Hunter
01/24/2013 04:06 PMPosted by Hixson
I went into Kara for the heck of it today and was no longer able to jump out of the King so that I can move a pawn and end up dieing to the cheat. Has anybody else come across this?

I hate this so much. Start the fight, drop the King, Medivh cheats 2 seconds into the game.

/tableflip
/chairkick

...Aw Brenvinn is still here. : ' (

I can't even drop the king anymore.
86 Dwarf Hunter
01/24/2013 04:08 PMPosted by Lovax

I hate this so much. Start the fight, drop the King, Medivh cheats 2 seconds into the game.

/tableflip
/chairkick

...Aw Brenvinn is still here. : ' (

Really? I haven't been to Kara for at least a month now since I got all the stuff I wanted, but every other time I could drop/exit the King. You get a 5 sec debuff to prevent you from controlling another piece iirc.
100 Orc Hunter

Really? I haven't been to Kara for at least a month now since I got all the stuff I wanted, but every other time I could drop/exit the King. You get a 5 sec debuff to prevent you from controlling another piece iirc.

Hitting the += key does not work nor does clicking on it with the mouse. Any other way of doing it?
93 Pandaren Monk

Hitting the += key does not work nor does clicking on it with the mouse. Any other way of doing it?

When you say 'clicking on it' are you talking about right clicking the brain buff that you get while controlling a piece? could it be an addon issue? i wonder if a cancelaura macro would work for it? i've never had that problem with exiting a chess piece so i dunno.
Edited by Qtcutecuetee on 1/24/2013 4:45 PM PST
100 Orc Hunter

When you say 'clicking on it' are you talking about right clicking the brain buff that you get while controlling a piece? could it be an addon issue? i wonder if a cancelaura macro would work for it? i've never had that problem with exiting a chess piece so i dunno.

Nah when you have control of the piece, you get the exit vehicle button on the default += key. Back in wrath that is all I did was click the exit vehicle button. I did not think about the buff itself. I will have to go back in and test it out.
90 Worgen Warrior
Vox
We believe there was a lot of confusion when we originally announced this change and we're certainly at fault for said confusion. The original patch note was very vague to the point of being misleading. It was never our intent to weaken old raid boss encounters to allow anyone to have a chance to solo them, regardless of class, spec, or skill.

What we did change were encounters that were mechanically impossible for one person to accomplish, solely for the purpose of ensuring players have easier access to the hunt for the new rare companion pets -- the drop rates of which are actually set to account for a group of three players, not one.

Moving forward, though, we do not plan to adjust encounters for tougher raid bosses to be solo’able by all classes and specs.

This does not apply to Death Knights.....
100 Orc Hunter

Nah when you have control of the piece, you get the exit vehicle button on the default += key. Back in wrath that is all I did was click the exit vehicle button. I did not think about the buff itself. I will have to go back in and test it out.

So I just ran Kara again and you can not right click the buff to exit anymore and you can not click the exit vehicle button anymore. So basically you can not complete Kara anymore Solo.
100 Orc Hunter
12/01/2012 02:09 PMPosted by Deragus
I thought all sources of damage froze Viscidus now. Also, the hotfix yesterday increased the cast time of the twins heal. It also let me solo Reliquary.

Really? I've been asking my husband to drop everything he's doing and come help in AQ because I cannot solo the emps. But maybe now, I won't have to bother him.
100 Draenei Monk
Palvarosa, I soloed Twin Emps on my 90 BM hunter on Wednesday night.

I pulled Vek'lor with Serpent Sting (and re-applied it a few times), waited for Vek'linash to run over and just fought them in the middle.

After several failed attempts at fighting them against walls, trying to keep my pet on one and DPSing the other... What ended up working for me was very simple:

Keep Widow Venom up on Vek'nilash, use a Spirit Beast for the mastery buff and just unload on him. Other than a couple Serpent Stings on Vek'lor (just to make sure I could loot him later), I ignored both him and the adds (largely) and kept me and my pet on Vek'nilash.

I was only doing about 19k DPS (Arcane Shot being nerfed due to Vek'nilash's magic immunity), but with Widow Venom on I was able to eventually grind him down.

Good luck!
100 Orc Hunter
Palvarosa, I soloed Twin Emps on my 90 BM hunter on Wednesday night.

I pulled Vek'lor with Serpent Sting (and re-applied it a few times), waited for Vek'linash to run over and just fought them in the middle.

After several failed attempts at fighting them against walls, trying to keep my pet on one and DPSing the other... What ended up working for me was very simple:

Keep Widow Venom up on Vek'nilash, use a Spirit Beast for the mastery buff and just unload on him. Other than a couple Serpent Stings on Vek'lor (just to make sure I could loot him later), I ignored both him and the adds (largely) and kept me and my pet on Vek'nilash.

I was only doing about 19k DPS (Arcane Shot being nerfed due to Vek'nilash's magic immunity), but with Widow Venom on I was able to eventually grind him down.

Good luck!

Thanks, I'll try that!
80 Night Elf Druid
I soloed C'thun on this 80, including the two brothers. Only boss I didn't kill was the "green ooze" guy.
100 Worgen Mage
Goodness, you're really bitter.
100 Undead Warrior
Or, you could get a blacksmith with the Edge of Winter axe to make you a pair of them and go to town on blob-butt.
And, before you get all bent, as a 90 warrior and a blacksmith I made a pair of the 2hd Frost Tiger Blades that do frost damage ( just like the 1hd axe) and use them to down the boss.
Once frozen, I switched back to my main weps, used all cooldowns and nuked him.
Item level 40 for the Frost Tigers, 25 frost damage vs 30 for the 1hd and it worked.
100 Blood Elf Hunter
I, as a warrior, (who gives a %it right?) CAN NOT solo BWL at this time, tried several times tonight.(6/13/2013)

What boss stopped you?
100 Undead Warrior
Really?

Oh, I get it, you are trolling.

Otherwise, the 1st boss is pretty much impossible for a warrior.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]