5.1 Thought we could solo old content now?

(Locked)

100 Blood Elf Hunter
Otherwise, the 1st boss is pretty much impossible for a warrior.

I dunno why you think it's incredibly obvious, I solo him with a variety of classes. He's not particularly hard at 90.

I've done it with melee; there's not really any advantage to being ranged on that fight, the boss himself is incredibly easy, you just need to survive the adds. Plate would have an advantage in that regard. I haven't done it with my warrior yet, she's still 85. Were I to though, I'd go prot. You don't need the DPS, but a higher survivability goes a long way. Worked for my Death Knight, anyway.

Talent-wise I might take Impending Victory over Second Wind. Second Wind is useful but ideally your character isn't getting that low in the first place. You'd use Impending Victory quickly inbetween MC phases to top off and then immediately reuse the orb. It might not even be necessary; I don't recall needing to Death Strike on my DK. You can try getting some quick aoe down before reusing the Orb to clear out the adds too, ideally keeping him far enough away from the Orb that you have two or three GCDs before he gets to you.

Soon as you clear out the eggs just kill him. Razorgore has like 500k health if I recall. Just gotta not die during Conflag. My Warlock can tank him though, so shouldn't be a problem (can't have pets out to use the Orb, so I usually sac it.)

Vaelstratz and Chrommagus are far harder, post-5.1 nerfs, than Razorgore. At least in my opinion. Here's a video of 2011 by the way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZglRO8nxy58

Totally not impossible in 2013. Curious how you went about it though!
Edited by Vv on 6/14/2013 12:13 AM PDT
90 Goblin Hunter
What is it with all these necro threads?
93 Undead Warrior
Basically the adds are killing the boss, they continue to attack him after the channeling stops and there's nothing I can do to save him.
Had a guildie run his shaman in there for lolz, and dropped healing totem, the boss finished the fight with less than 5k health lost.

Seriously, chess in Karazhan is easier than this crap, I know, I can actually win that solo.
Have done it several times.
Now do it 2x a week with my 2 90s, probably could do it with my 86.

Edit, I can solo the Lady Vahsj fight in Serpent Shrine Cavern easier than this.
Edited by Turmoyl on 6/15/2013 3:39 AM PDT
90 Pandaren Shaman
Basically the adds are killing the boss, they continue to attack him after the channeling stops and there's nothing I can do to save him.
Had a guildie run his shaman in there for lolz, and dropped healing totem, the boss finished the fight with less than 5k health lost.

Seriously, chess in Karazhan is easier than this crap, I know, I can actually win that solo.
Have done it several times.
Now do it 2x a week with my 2 90s, probably could do it with my 86.

Edit, I can solo the Lady Vahsj fight in Serpent Shrine Cavern easier than this.

To stop razorgore from getting aggro you have to ewait til lthe adds come out and aggro them before channeling. once you have aggro the adds will come to you for the most part and ignore razorgore. when your channel drops you will need to have positioned razorgore at the other end of the room so you have enough time to build up a ton of aggro for the next channel. Bladestorm / thunderclap should give you more than enough aggro to keep the adds on you between channels. (You will get a few adds hitting razorgore but they shouldn't kill him before you finish)

repeat and rinse till all eggs are dead.

Done it on a number of my toons now and only when RNG kicks in and he randomly detonates do i fail this fight.
92 Draenei Death Knight
. . . Razorgore was soloable prior to 5.1.
93 Undead Warrior
. . . Razorgore was soloable prior to 5.1.

Sure, but, can you do it as a warrior now?
In 5.3?
Cause I followed the video linked and it seemed like there were a lot more adds now, than in that video from 2 years ago.
Just sayin, seems to me that Blizzard might have upped the diff on that fight in response to that guy soloing it and is now refusing to reverse it.
And, yes, that sounds paranoid as crap, but, seriously they said "oh, we aren't going to nerf ANY raid boss to make it soloable by blah blah blah", but, then they turned around and did it in the very next patch with Sunwell.

I'll give it another shot, and try to record and possibly post to youtube the results.
90 Pandaren Monk
Silly thread necro, but why not.

I've solo'd all the bosses in AQ40. None of them were difficult at all. For Vis, just use Elemental Force enchant. Super cheap and somewhat decent enchant.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]