5.1 Thought we could solo old content now?

(Locked)

90 Human Paladin
12/01/2012 02:21 PMPosted by Sãd

Sorry but having a boss follow you all the way to another boss just to avoid an automatic death is not what I call ''learning fight mechanics''. There's still a lot of fight that by mechanics alone, are not soloable (looking at you Kalecgos...)

actually, if you learned that you can kite one boss to another to avoid something that happens during the fight WOULD be considered "learning fight mechanics"

and again, nowhere in the patch notes did it say ALL bosses, it said SOME

You're dense. Learning fight mechanics implie they were mechanics back in the day. They already had enough trouble with C'thun alone, let alone being able to kite Ouro over such a distance.

And thx to the ones that pointed you don't auto die now.

And never did I say I wanted them to be all soloed.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
They are soloable, but you have to know how and be "good" enough to do it.
100 Human Paladin
Attempting to down Lady Vashj

fail, fail, fail, fail, fail...

68g repair bill charged to guild. ;)
Edited by Palastorm on 12/1/2012 2:40 PM PST
90 Human Paladin
How are you? The only thing I can see is getting feared by the striders constantly, which is why everytime I did it, I had a hunter with me lol
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I am still having trouble with Yogg-Saron in UDL, I think I need more practice at that fight.

In ICC, I didn't try Gunship Battle, but read about a DK soloing this since 5.1.

Late yesterday The Ruby Sanctum 10 N, first 3 mini bosses easy to solo then I couldn't defeat Halion alone as it seemed to need 1 dps on the normal realm while I entered the portal to dps on the shadow realm.
100 Undead Warlock
Just because they can be done solo doesn't make them easy. A lot of bosses have very specific tricks involved that need a lot of thought, planning and preparation for a solo player to beat.

Some of them need very specific changes to Talents and enchants away from what you would normally use and ones like C'thun need some really unorthodox tactics.

just because it's soloable doesn't mean you can wander in and one shot them.
86 Troll Death Knight
12/01/2012 02:14 PMPosted by Kerrath
cough C'thun cough

leave the worm boss alive. clear trash. pull worm boss. kite to cthun's room.

every time cthun eats you, the worm teleports you out of his stomach. yes, it will take a long time. but it is easy to solo with this strat.

Would this be considered an exploit?
100 Human Paladin
12/01/2012 02:41 PMPosted by Carnage
How are you? The only thing I can see is getting feared by the striders constantly, which is why everytime I did it, I had a hunter with me lol

Last attempt almost had it, but the last vase bugged and wouldn't deactivate until after 20 clicks and by then I had so many adds releasing Lady Vashj on me was a bad idea.

Next time down the adds mainly the striders before releasing Lady Vashj.
Edited by Palastorm on 12/1/2012 2:55 PM PST
90 Night Elf Rogue
12/01/2012 02:16 PMPosted by Vasparian
They need to do something about Gorefiend in BT.

Dismiss your pet, thats the only way a hunter can do it.
100 Human Paladin
I was wrecking stuff in BT thinking that it was total cake until I came across phase 2 of the floating head thingy.

Anyone know how a mana using melee is supposed to pass that thing solo?
90 Pandaren Shaman
12/01/2012 02:10 PMPosted by Pecunia
I soloed all of black temple on my warlock yesterday... Well except for the council and Illidan it wasn't I was unable to do them I was just tired and Decided to go to bed instead of mess with the pain in the butt council.

I solo'd this on my monk this morning. I wiped on reliquary once, then I just took out the blackout kick glyph and used Xuen to kill Despair. I wiped on Illidari Council because I tried to keep on the healer, which required me to stand in some crap. The second time around I just beat the crap out of the tank 5 times and they all died. Illidan was also straight forward, but I used Xuen to take the elementals down.
90 Night Elf Druid
I solo'd BWL, MC and AQ40 in this gear yesterday. Yes even the twin emperors.
100 Human Paladin
12/02/2012 09:24 AMPosted by Firestyle
I soloed all of black temple on my warlock yesterday... Well except for the council and Illidan it wasn't I was unable to do them I was just tired and Decided to go to bed instead of mess with the pain in the butt council.

I solo'd this on my monk this morning. I wiped on reliquary once, then I just took out the blackout kick glyph and used Xuen to kill Despair. I wiped on Illidari Council because I tried to keep on the healer, which required me to stand in some crap. The second time around I just beat the crap out of the tank 5 times and they all died. Illidan was also straight forward, but I used Xuen to take the elementals down.

How do you get pass Reliquary? Is there a trick?
100 Human Mage
How can anyone solo Illidari Council if they heal for 5-8% every 2-3 seconds?
80 Pandaren Mage
Put elemental force enchant on your weapon.

Proceed to freezing and kicking the crap out of the boss.

12/02/2012 03:36 PMPosted by Rayo
How can anyone solo Illidari Council if they heal for 5-8% every 2-3 seconds?

With AOE and dps cool downs. Herp derp! They dont have very much hp already! Just NUKE the crap out of them!

Edits for strange post copying and whatnot.
Edited by Pandamonïum on 12/2/2012 3:44 PM PST
100 Human Mage
With AOE and dps cool downs. Herp derp! They dont have very much hp already! Just NUKE the crap out of them!

Ya i tried that I get to about 50% before they've killed me with all the healing they get from no where. Not that the combustion nerf if helping in damage.
80 Pandaren Mage
12/02/2012 03:51 PMPosted by Rayo

Ya i tried that I get to about 50% before they've killed me with all the healing they get from no where. Not that the combustion nerf if helping in damage.

That "nowhere" healing comes from one of them. SO lock him down and burst them to death.

Not complicated.
100 Human Mage
12/02/2012 03:52 PMPosted by Pandamonïum

That "nowhere" healing comes from one of them. SO lock him down and burst them to death.

Not complicated.

Well if it's not the healer cause she's using smite on me who is it the mage or rogue?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]