5.1 Thought we could solo old content now?

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Rogue
12/02/2012 03:57 PMPosted by Rayo
Well if it's not the healer cause she's using smite on me who is it the mage or rogue?

Doesnt the paladin do heals also? I know the priest does one heal.
100 Human Mage
12/02/2012 04:04 PMPosted by Eneria
Well if it's not the healer cause she's using smite on me who is it the mage or rogue?

As far as I remember the priest has the only heal that is a aoe heal with a cast of 2.5 every 20 seconds now how she is casting AND smite at the same time every 2 seconds if a different story.
80 Pandaren Mage
12/02/2012 04:04 PMPosted by Eneria

The Pally also casts his bubble on the target you're hitting.

Even so, if you cant do a bunch of aoe dps at level 90 with offensive CDs when theyre weakened, then something is wrong.

My dps set is AWFUL and Im TERRIBLE at Fury.

How bad at Fury you say?

Doing barely 30k dps with 463 gear and weapons bad at Fury. And I STILL killed them!
100 Human Mage
Well I'm doing 3.41 million damage, 50k DPS all in about min and a half. and they have yet to drop below 50%.

And yes that 3.4 million on a boss with only 1.2 million HP

The healer only heals for 100k every 20 seconds well should so even if i let her heal that's only 400k yet they seem to heal for over 2 million,
Edited by Rayo on 12/2/2012 4:22 PM PST
100 Pandaren Monk
As a Windwalker Monk, I could solo a lot of these things..

In BT on Reliquary of Souls, to get through the second phase, I used Touch of Death. I was literally at 5% life.

I was also able to solo everything in AQ40, using the frost weapon enchant on Viscidus.

I soloed Naxxramas, minus Patchwerk, wayy too much damage, and Kel'thuzad, who's mechanics require more than one person.

Ulduar was pretty easy, as well as Onyxia. Onyxia was a little difficult, but as a monk I just spammed Jade Lighting and got her back to the ground.

I even could even solo SSC. Which was rather interesting.
90 Worgen Druid
I tried Obsidian Sanctum with three drakes up. Wasn't able to do it, but was close enough that with some better and more PvE tuned gear, I think it would be doable.
Edited by Scrubjay on 12/2/2012 5:25 PM PST
90 Draenei Shaman
Tried Vicidious with my elemental shaman. Kept freezing but I don't hit enough in 30 seconds to shatter him.
100 Human Mage
Ya i think Patchwerk need's another look at for soloing he hut's.
90 Human Warrior
You cold solo c'thun before by pulling ouro or oreo whatever the worm boss was before c'thun you pulled him to c'thun and he would port you out of him but since you could not take down his shield he took 99% less dmg took a good hour.

Glad i can down his shield now though.
100 Human Mage
Well council is still unkillable and GMs always seem to send the wrong auto respond -.-
100 Human Mage
combat log's show it's not healing by anything of them they are just gaing HP because they want too. So if that's not a bug/unkillable boss what is vashj v 1.0?
100 Human Paladin
Made it all the way to Illidan, but I just could not get pass his Flames of Azzinoth attack.

But really it was the run all the way back that did me in. It takes roughly if you stop for repairs 15 minutes to get back to him.
Edited by Palastorm on 12/4/2012 11:22 AM PST
90 Goblin Shaman
Several classic raid bosses have been adjusted to be more friendly to solo players:

Viscidus
Viscidus now remains frozen for 30 seconds (was 15), and it takes 30 hits to shatter Viscidus (was 50).

Al'ar
Al'ar and Ember of Al'ar are no longer immune to fire damage.

How recent is this? I did Vic last week, after 5.1 went live, and he was still adhering to his old mechanics, except that it took less hits to freeze him. His shatter was still the same.

And Al'ar was still immune to fire dmg.

If these were fixed today via hotfix, that's awesome!
100 Draenei Death Knight
12/02/2012 03:36 PMPosted by Rayo
How can anyone solo Illidari Council if they heal for 5-8% every 2-3 seconds?

I did A full BT solo this past weekend with just the gear I have on, just changed to blood spec for bosses. The council was a bit tricky, but I just burnt them down while moving out the crap on the floor, they eventually died.
90 Undead Priest
Reading comprehension apparenly isnt needed anymore. It never said that you could now solo old content. It said, you dont need multiple people for mechanics anymore.

No wonder unemployment is so high, who wants to hire these idiots.
90 Pandaren Priest
They said we could solo old content. They didn't say they nerfed all the mechanics. You still need to know them. (learned this after wiping repeatedly on Lady Vashj in SSC...)
Yes, it might not take you a minute to kill some of these bosses, but if you really want to solo them, the option is there.
Edited by Peche on 12/4/2012 11:33 AM PST
85 Troll Mage
Same
Community Manager
We believe there was a lot of confusion when we originally announced this change and we're certainly at fault for said confusion. The original patch note was very vague to the point of being misleading. It was never our intent to weaken old raid boss encounters to allow anyone to have a chance to solo them, regardless of class, spec, or skill.

What we did change were encounters that were mechanically impossible for one person to accomplish, solely for the purpose of ensuring players have easier access to the hunt for the new rare companion pets -- the drop rates of which are actually set to account for a group of three players, not one.

Moving forward, though, we do not plan to adjust encounters for tougher raid bosses to be solo’able by all classes and specs.
90 Draenei Paladin
We believe there was a lot of confusion when we originally announced this change and we're certainly at fault for said confusion. The original patch note was very vague to the point of being misleading. It was never our intent to weaken old raid boss encounters to allow anyone to have a chance to solo them, regardless of class, spec, or skill.

What we did change were encounters that were mechanically impossible for one person to accomplish, solely for the purpose of ensuring players have easier access to the hunt for the new rare companion pets -- the drop rates of which are actually set to account for a group of three players, not one.

Moving forward, though, we do not plan to adjust encounters for tougher raid bosses to be solo’able by all classes and specs.

Im ok with this. I had a lot of fun soloing raids in cata for the very fact that it was challenging and even at times, impossible.
95 Human Paladin

Me sad :(
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]