5.1 Thought we could solo old content now?

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Hunter
We believe there was a lot of confusion when we originally announced this change and we're certainly at fault for said confusion. The original patch note was very vague to the point of being misleading. It was never our intent to weaken old raid boss encounters to allow anyone to have a chance to solo them, regardless of class, spec, or skill.

What we did change were encounters that were mechanically impossible for one person to accomplish, solely for the purpose of ensuring players have easier access to the hunt for the new rare companion pets -- the drop rates of which are actually set to account for a group of three players, not one.

Moving forward, though, we do not plan to adjust encounters for tougher raid bosses to be solo’able by all classes and specs.

Thank you for clarifying this.
90 Blood Elf Mage
We believe there was a lot of confusion when we originally announced this change and we're certainly at fault for said confusion. The original patch note was very vague to the point of being misleading. It was never our intent to weaken old raid boss encounters to allow anyone to have a chance to solo them, regardless of class, spec, or skill.

What we did change were encounters that were mechanically impossible for one person to accomplish, solely for the purpose of ensuring players have easier access to the hunt for the new rare companion pets -- the drop rates of which are actually set to account for a group of three players, not one.

Moving forward, though, we do not plan to adjust encounters for tougher raid bosses to be solo’able by all classes and specs.

Darn. Now I'll never get the pet Viscidus drops.
90 Night Elf Warrior
I soloed all of Black Temple on the weekend in Fury.

For Reliquary I kept killing myself on the damage reflect aura so I just auto-attacked while using second wind to keep me from fully dying. Interrupts are a breeze now with this new change!

For council I just popped all my cooldowns and AOE'd with my primary target being the priest. Interrupted her heal when DBM told me to, switched to another guy during her melee immune phase.

The flames of Azzinoth nearly killed me but second wind came to the rescue again.

No glaive though :(
90 Human Death Knight
-- the drop rates of which are actually set to account for a group of three players, not one.
So...it's decent drop rate? Stitched Pup is 2 for 2. If it drops again something might be fishy.
90 Human Death Knight

As a mage? I used the Barov Peasent caller. Barov Peasant Caller
I took off my staff, I think fists have a higher swing speed.
29 Troll Hunter
anyone wants resurrection scroll reply at marcuracha@live.com
90 Troll Druid
12/04/2012 11:49 AMPosted by Gabath
Me sad :(

What? You're a paladin for god sake! Lol. Just go in there and slay the shiz outta shiz. In all seriousness though, pali's, from all I've read, are in a pretty good state as far as being able to solo old content.
90 Human Priest
12/04/2012 11:42 AMPosted by Brennvin
What we did change were encounters that were mechanically impossible for one person to accomplish

It's mechanically impossible for me to generate ice damage to solo Viscidus.

I was actually able to solo the twins after 15 minutes because I did just barely enough dps to do more than they heal for. But I can't do Viscidus solo. It's mechanically impossible.
90 Human Hunter
It's mechanically impossible for me to generate ice damage to solo Viscidus.

I was actually able to solo the twins after 15 minutes because I did just barely enough dps to do more than they heal for. But I can't do Viscidus solo. It's mechanically impossible.

You can get enchants that do frost damage, or buy weapons in Storm Peaks that do frost damage.
90 Troll Hunter
It's probably been stated before but hunters can use a chimera to solo Viscidus.
90 Dwarf Monk

I have no advice for a mage, but I had zero issues as a hunter. It seems they made it so that ranged hits count as well as melee ones, so perhaps spells count too; otherwise my pet and snake traps were enough melee hits to shatter him. You can probably get a trinket that summons a pet, or a bored friend that plays a melee character.
90 Tauren Warrior
What we did change were encounters that were mechanically impossible for one person to accomplish,

I know your post refers to the acquisition of the new mini-pets...but there are other encounters that are mechanically impossible to solo. (Kalecgos comes to mind.) Is there any plans to make these mechanically possible to solo in the future? Or will mini-pets be excluded from Sunwell in the future?
Edited by Polls on 12/4/2012 12:32 PM PST
90 Human Warrior
12/04/2012 12:28 PMPosted by Polls
What we did change were encounters that were mechanically impossible for one person to accomplish,

I know your post refers to the acquisition of the new mini-pets...but there are other encounters that are mechanically impossible to solo. (Kalecgos comes to mind.) Is there any plans to make these mechanically possible to solo in the future? Or do you not plan on putting mini-pets in Sunwell?

Unless he has something in particular you want, run past him (or invis potion, or leap, or whatever). I can solo everything else in Sunwell easy (not too sure about other classes though).
12/01/2012 01:58 PMPosted by Shado
Was running through the Temple of Ahn'whatever (Classic Raid), and realized there are two bosses we cannot solo due to mechanics...

It's quite soloable. I just did it a couple of days ago. I just did a bit of www.google.com to help me out.
90 Tauren Warrior
Unless he has something in particular you want, run past him (or invis potion, or leap, or whatever). I can solo everything else in Sunwell easy (not too sure about other classes though).

That doesn't address the problem that mechanically un-soloable bosses stille exist.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
What we did change were encounters that were mechanically impossible for one person to accomplish, solely for the purpose of ensuring players have easier access to the hunt for the new rare companion pets

...Just for companion pets.....that sucks. Was trying to Solo ICC last night, had issues with the gunship and asked a guildie to come help for it, he left after that.....but, that one is possible to solo if done correctly I just didn't feel like trial and error. However, there is the Dreamweaver I think it is, the green dragon you have to heal....how is anyone supposed to solo that if they can't heal others.

Why is it just for companion pets, that's my issue with it so far, nothing game breaking just a nuisance.
85 Troll Mage

Are there any plans on fixing a few of the issues with zoning at least? There are a few raids; such as Wintergrasp Vaults and Ulduar in which where you die, you rez on the opposite side of the instance portal. If you try to head in after rezing, the trash will respawn. I'm not sure if this is happening only when you are the only person in the group or what, but when soloing older content this can get annoying if you wipe on a boss; such as Flame Leviathon. If you wipe too many times in a short amount of period, you start to hit the instance cap.
Edited by Delritha on 12/4/2012 12:38 PM PST
90 Draenei Hunter
Was running through the Temple of Ahn'whatever (Classic Raid), and realized there are two bosses we cannot solo due to mechanics...

The green ooze dude (needs ice magic), and the twins that you have to keep away from each other.

Did I read the patch notes wrong or something, or did they on fix BC and Wrath raids?

Blizz?

You can easily solo this boss as a monk or as any class. You can use:

Brunnhildar Harpoon or similar weapon from the vendor if you cannot use this one. They are fairly inexpensive versus the enchant below as an alternative.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=20029/

Use fist of fury and you're done when the melee attack phase starts. :)

Twins you need a whopping 18k dps to kill them. :)
Edited by Reactable on 12/4/2012 12:58 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]