Abuse/Spam from Diablo 3 to WoW via BattleTag

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I have about 1 month with this problem.
Ingame some users Every day send me a invitacion to my Real ID.
The invitation its a advertising, they offer sell me an illegal copy of Diablo 3 in exchange for ingame Gold of Word of Warcraft.
This Problem is driving me crazy. They send me aprox 15 a 20 invitacions per day!
Im already made severals tickets and followed the steps of Game Masters.
1.- I already Select "Report Player for:Spam and Abuse" , for evey every invitacion.
2.- Change my battle.net account and my BattleTag name.
3.-disable my Real ID Chat and wait 24 horas .

And i dont have any result, i'm really desperate.
The Spam and abuse ts so Great! , that I'm even thinking of cancel my subscription Mist of Pandaria.

Please Please GameMasters I really need your help.
GhostCrawler Save me or somebody >.<!

PD: sorry for my grammar , english is not my native language.
Edited by Icecøld on 12/5/2012 12:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
You need to report them ingame. Also remove the screenshots, calling out players is against the rules. Also Blizzard doesn't use screenshots for investigations, they have tools in place, but you have to report them by the proper way. You right click on their name and report them for cheating or spam.
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Warlock
Have you vlocked these users? There really isn't much a moderator can do for you.

If you have change the registered username and they are able to send you Real ID invites it means, they know what your changing it to, which is clearly a problem.

There are add-ons that exist that should help in a situation like this.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
OP you write well in English. It appears from your description harrassment continues after all the steps you've taken.

The bad news is, moderators here will not intervene to help you, and they will tell you to remove information that identifies other players, even though those "players'" activities are prohibited by game rules.

Edit: removed obsolete Blizzard contact information.

Good luck!
Edited by Klaatu on 12/2/2012 11:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
12/02/2012 11:20 AMPosted by Klaatu
Since nothing else has worked, I'd suggest sending complaints to wowgmfeedback-us@blizzard.com.

That email was closed. They take feedback through the survey system when tickets are serviced.

Ice, the other option that you have is to change the email address you use for battle.net. If they don't have your email, they can't send you requests.
Edited by Diamora on 12/2/2012 11:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
12/02/2012 11:26 AMPosted by Diamora
Since nothing else has worked, I'd suggest sending complaints to wowgmfeedback-us@blizzard.com.

That email was closed. They take feedback through the survey system when tickets are serviced.

Ice, the other option that you have is to change the email address you use for battle.net. If they don't have your email, they can't send you requests.

Thanks for the correction Diamora.

Icecold, if you go back and look at old tickets you've created, you MAY see a link to a survey. Recommend you use that to tell Blizzard how effective their assistance has proven to date.
Reply Quote
25 Night Elf Druid
Please remove their names for the title and the screenshots?

They don't need any free advertisement.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Thanks for your feedback guys.

I see no short term sulucion for my problem , so i will continue reporting and blocking them.
Every day without lying I block around 15 to 20 invitacions from that users.

the realm problem is that everytime I Ignore them,Spam gets multiplied.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Generally, if you didn't give them your real ID information, one of your friends is compromised or added a compromised account to their friends list and they are merely looking at the friends of friends list to send the "invitations". Your best bet is to go into your account settings and disable friends of friends so they cannot see you on your friends real ID list.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I change my Change my battle.net account AGAIN.
and disable my Real ID Chat and wait 24 hours .

and nothing change :;/
Reply Quote
69 Orc Death Knight
I change my Change my battle.net account AGAIN.
and disable my Real ID Chat and wait 24 hours .

and nothing change :;/

That'd be because they already have someone's battlenet with you friended on it. You might be able to cancel Real ID and start it up again under another email, being very careful who you invite.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
i'd try just deleting the invites instead of reporting spam or whatever. just to make sure they're all wiped out at least one time.

i find it easier to just leave them pending. i feel like when i delete them they just get resent but if i leave them they just sit there and i don't get annoyed by receiving new ones. could just be a coincidence though.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Incase the spammers are using "friends of friends" to send spam:

-Log on to your battlenet account
-Click "Settings"
-Select "Communication Preferences" from the drop-down menu
-Scroll down to "Privacy" and uncheck "Show my Real ID on Friends of Friends lists"
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
That'd be because they already have someone's battlenet with you friended on it. You might be able to cancel Real ID and start it up again under another email, being very careful who you invite.

The spamers are NOT using my "friends of friends" to send spam.
I already uncheck the option "Show my Real ID on Friends of Friends lists" days ago.
Plus disable my Real ID.
I tested severals days with my friends list empty.

I realized that spamers dont play World of Warcraft all the invites comes from Diablo 3.
ALL are invitacion from BattleTag and NOT Real ID .
And their 'modus operandi' is : don't logging his Avatars in the game , they make everything from "Character Menu" !!! WTF .
Edited by Icecøld on 12/5/2012 12:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
The best thing to do at the moment, Icecøld, is to keep reporting them for spam. Having Real ID turned off should hopefully help avoid getting requests from anyone that was getting to you thought that feature.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]