The Empire Reacts [PvP Policy in Krasarang]

70 Gnome Warlock
I'd love to see Blizzard amalgamate to 1 RPPvP server per time zone, and actually enforce RP rules. It would bring out a golden age of RP in wow.

And there's a lot to be said for questioning the courage of individuals who chose RPPvP servers over PvP ones, when they have no interest in RP. Are they unilaterally here because they think RP servers are a pushover? Of course not. But enough of them are to give solid credence to the stereotype.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
12/03/2012 06:19 AMPosted by Darethy
Riding the DARK PHOENIX OF ANNOUNCE YOURSELF TO EVERYONE IN 100 MILES

Maybe if you Tallies paid more attention to us down here, we wouldn't have to climb big birds and frantically wave our arms in front of your faces, just to get you to notice our current "out of candy" emergencies.

Also, I think we figured out where you go when you *poof* in front of our faces. I knew cuddling would help!
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Maybe if you Tallies paid more attention to us down here, we wouldn't have to climb big birds and frantically wave our arms in front of your faces, just to get you to notice our current "out of candy" emergencies.

Also, I think we figured out where you go when you *poof* in front of our faces. I knew cuddling would help!

Enough mind vision! there are rapidly moving portals all over the place anyway, wouldn't get any help anyways! get out of my head before I start punching babies damn you!
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
12/03/2012 02:40 PMPosted by Darethy
get out of my head before I start punching babies damn you!

...but if I leave your head, there won't be much left!

(Sorry. I had to. :D)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
12/03/2012 02:40 PMPosted by Darethy
get out of my head before I start punching babies damn you!

I laughed harder than I should have.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
...but if I leave your head, there won't be much left!

(Sorry. I had to. :D)

I'm pretty sure equipping a Cayreth is actually a -Int.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
12/03/2012 03:22 PMPosted by Darethy
I'm pretty sure equipping a Cayreth is actually a -Int.

You're saying it like it's a bad thing.

Valid point, otherwise.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
@ Aerana- Does doing the Horde dailies count as PVP or a PVP heavy activity, and if so what is the empire's stance on camping quest mobs?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
12/03/2012 03:41 PMPosted by Cayreth
You're saying it like it's a bad thing.

Kinda like beer-goggles....
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 04:28 PMPosted by Draxonicar
@ Aerana- Does doing the Horde dailies count as PVP or a PVP heavy activity, and if so what is the empire's stance on camping quest mobs?

I'm going to try to answer your question as best I can based on what I think you're asking. If you're asking something else, just ask again and I'll try to do better. Also, forgive my lack of complete knowledge since I haven't actually been to the zone yet due to irl time constraints.

If the Alliance and Horde dailies are in the same area, you can expect that TE will attack as our members are allowed to treat these areas like BGs (and assume all Horde are hostile). So dailies in Krasarang Wilds is PvP/PvP heavy activity.

If the quest mob in question is an Alliance NPC, TE members can defend it. If it's a regular mob, then they can stick around in the area and kill Horde that come to that area, within reason. Really, it's difficult to answer without as specific example because I'm not sure what kind of mob we're talking about and what we're calling "camping" necessarily.

This is a new policy for us so working out stark lines will take time and determinations by us that it's necessary (i.e. "you can only be in an certain area with the same NPCs for 10 minutes so you're not considered camping them" doesn't seem like a viable option).

The bottom line is that our actions have to make sense with our RP. If you'd like to give input to what you think is appropriate, please do so. That way we can consider it when/if the officers need to put down a bright-line policy on this issue.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
I had this drafted, so I'm not going to waste it.

We consider both the Horde and Alliance dailies as PvP activities, but I haven't had much time to spend in Krasaran and I'm working off the impression that they always take place at the same location. In this case, controlling the location to let Alliance do their dailies safely would mean that the Horde won't have access to it unless they mount their own offensive first, yes. This is within reasons, of course. Let us know if you think there's something abusive going on.

If they can be separate, then I think going off to the Horde's daily zone to bother questers is off-limits under the 5th rule.
Edited by Tinox on 12/3/2012 5:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Priest
12/02/2012 08:06 PMPosted by Pzycho
Gotta tell ya, that's the biggest laugh I've had in a while. If it's red, it's dead. Welcome to PvP servers.

OMG if its red it's dead??? That is brilliant! Did you come up with that yourself?

You are so amazingly witty. When I hit twelve I hope I'm as cool and original as you.

Thanks for letting us know how RP....pvp servers are.
Thanks for the laugh.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Priest
Oh can I quote you on if its red its dead because that is pretty original.
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 09:05 PMPosted by Halldór
Gotta tell ya, that's the biggest laugh I've had in a while. If it's red, it's dead. Welcome to PvP servers.

OMG if its red it's dead??? That is brilliant! Did you come up with that yourself?

You are so amazingly witty. When I hit twelve I hope I'm as cool and original as you.

Thanks for letting us know how RP....pvp servers are.
Thanks for the laugh.

Quick, call the cops, we're breaking role here! Pzycho's on a rampage down at the chess club starting a four-eyed fist fight, better get a leash on him before he steals your protractor.

How do you RP pvp anyway... "Hark! His trinket is off cool down, let him die honorably" Uh.... no. In game its not like the other faction can understand if you said anything, they see jumbled turds stumbling around with keyboard turning trying to figure out cooldowns, as you frantically mash out role play on your keyboard.

I'm not an RP'er by any means (as you can see above, and seriously, why am I on this server again Ailchu), but PVP is war... war has little guide line, its not like we have red cross here handing out sandwiches on the sideline.

Cease fire happens when the other team logs off, or a queue pops (Or Diarrhea, a universal excuse)
Reply Quote
70 Gnome Warlock
Your inability to grasp the exceedingly basic fundamentals of how RP works only makes your presence on this server doubly hilarious.

Since you're not here to waste your time RPing... shouldn't you have like awesome gear and junk?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
12/04/2012 12:45 AMPosted by Beanburrito
Cease fire happens when the other team logs off, or a queue pops (Or Diarrhea, a universal excuse)

Actually, ceasefire happens when you and the other guy decide not to attack each other.

A perfect example of this: the other day, my then 86 hunter was peacefully fishing in Valley of the Four Winds. An 86 boomchicken decided to pop and start unloading on me. I turned around and resoundingly kicked his butt, and went right back to fishing on top of his corpse. When he rezzed, my Vanas KOS picked him up, so I was able to target him right away. I /waved. He came over and /apologized, /thanked me and then left.

Ceasefire. Voila. Your turn, big guy.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock

I'm not an RP'er by any means (as you can see above, and seriously, why am I on this server again Ailchu), but PVP is war... war has little guide line, its not like we have red cross here handing out sandwiches on the sideline.

I think we would all appreciate it if you would at least make some effort to respect the RP portion of the server while you're here.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
I am a fan of Alichu and those fancy gnome head mounts you all ride around in, but its really unfortunate that he has !@#$ty guild members that come onto the forums and harass RPers in an RP thread. Even Team Muffin has more class than that. The server has no place for people like you as almost everything the members of <Rise of the Night Moon> have said in this thread comes off as ignorant and autistic. This is also the second time I am defending Twilight Empire in the past month and I don't plan on making a habbit of it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]