The Empire Reacts [PvP Policy in Krasarang]

12/03/2012 07:59 AMPosted by Omnilock
actually enforce RP rules.

Oh, believe me, they do.

Our dearest friend Lazerchicken was recently flagged for a name change. Poor guy was crushed when he got the news.

(It was hilarious)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
12/03/2012 07:59 AMPosted by Omnilock
Are they unilaterally here because they think RP servers are a pushover? Of course not. But enough of them are to give solid credence to the stereotype.

I think most are here because in general RP-PvP servers (or just regular RP servers) seem to have slightly more mature players than the pure PvP or PvE servers. Then again, Illidan, Kil'jaeden, etc are massive servers, so, larger populations, more bad apples or something.

12/04/2012 12:45 AMPosted by Beanburrito
Pzycho's on a rampage down at the chess club starting a four-eyed fist fight, better get a leash on him before he steals your protractor.

That's just mean :(

In game its not like the other faction can understand if you said anything, they see jumbled turds stumbling around with keyboard turning trying to figure out cooldowns, as you frantically mash out role play on your keyboard.

I am, however, fairly certain that any member of the Kiith could have kicked your !@#. While their RP was weird, they were technically RP'ers (and I know at least one former member of the Kiith that's in Twilight Empire), and I doubt anyone would call them "keyboard turners" or that they were trying to figure out their cooldowns.

12/03/2012 07:07 AMPosted by Kiraleen
you bet your bippy I'm going to suggest they don't stick around

All of that said, can we please stop trying to drive Alliance off this server? I'm not personally fond of the guild in question, but they are basically one of the few raiding guilds worth a damn on the Alliance since Rift moved over to the Horde. While obviously griefing RP and such is horrid, I'd really rather not see people suggesting that people leave an already depleted faction.

E:
12/04/2012 07:58 AMPosted by Alibor
Our dearest friend Lazerchicken was recently flagged for a name change. Poor guy was crushed when he got the news.

Yet, Yoloswagqt still hasn't been given another name change. Damn you, Blizzard!
Edited by Lukar on 12/4/2012 8:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
70 Gnome Warlock
12/04/2012 08:07 AMPosted by Lukar
While obviously griefing RP and such is horrid, I'd really rather not see people suggesting that people leave an already depleted faction.

I would. I've got no issue with people on an RP server who don't RP. But people on an RP server who actively disdain RP? Nuts to that. Exit stage left, please.

Posted by Omnilock
Are they unilaterally here because they think RP servers are a pushover? Of course not. But enough of them are to give solid credence to the stereotype.

I think most are here because in general RP-PvP servers (or just regular RP servers) seem to have slightly more mature players than the pure PvP or PvE servers. Then again, Illidan, Kil'jaeden, etc are massive servers, so, larger populations, more bad apples or something.

I should clarify: I didn't state it, but I specifically meant "people who come here, have no interest in RP, and then act like they're king !@#$." I think we can say with some certainty that immature dbags have no interest in coming to an RPPvP server because it may offer a mature playerbase.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
12/04/2012 08:12 AMPosted by Omnilock
I would. I've got no issue with people on an RP server who don't RP. But people on an RP server who actively disdain RP? Nuts to that. Exit stage left, please.

I wouldn't say that Legacy of the Sun has people that despise RP, but I know we have people that just don't understand it at all. Sometimes that lack of understanding can come off as disdain. Though, they also aren't named "Beanburrito." Damn this new report system. I have to actually track these people down now to report their names.

12/04/2012 08:12 AMPosted by Omnilock
I should clarify: I didn't state it, but I specifically meant "people who come here, have no interest in RP, and then act like they're king !@#$." I think we can say with some certainty that immature dbags have no interest in coming to an RPPvP server because it may offer a mature playerbase.

Those guilds inevitably collapse because that's what those guilds do. See: <JAC>. I'd say UDL, but those guys were actually pretty chill. I think they just mostly got bored, or at least that's what Jaime has said.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
UDL is one of the few transfer guilds I liked, even if they did beat World Ablaze to the Vashj kill.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
How do you RP pvp anyway...

So, I don't think anybody actually answered your question. RP doesn't necessarily mean that you type out a wall of text before every action. Roleplay is as simple as having a background story for your character and playing the game in a way that is consistent with that story.

In the context of pvp, this means that you may choose to (not) attack somebody based on how you think your character would act in that situation. For example, an Alliance player may adopt a "red is dead" policy because their character is angry with what happened at Theramore.

That's all there is to it, really.

EDIT: ...and yea, your name is dumb.
Edited by Cayreth on 12/4/2012 10:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
and seriously, why am I on this server again Ailchu

Ah... /rubbing hands together

I rolled here a number of years ago to retire from "hardcore" play since I was burned out. I figured there would be more adults so trade chat would be more bearable and maybe it would be fun to do something different -- light RP and... it was. Over the next couple of years, various friends hunted me down and came out of retirement or transferred to play leading to more and more doing the same -- locals then joined and we set up the infrastructure (voice/web/gbank/etc.) until we are in the state we are now... able to actually raid... since that is what people have expressed wanting to do.

Yes, the alliance economy and population is not really healthy. Yes, we have strange things going on around us. Yes, even though the server time is east, the server is located in the west so ping times aren't as good as I'm used to. Yes, Ailchú has lost his mind and gone native but he likes this place!

As you know, I'm fine if you do not RP and have no desire to do it but let's not start forum wars if you hold this view. I've gotten whispers from our guildies about how cool they've found people here and how creative they've found the basis for some of the guilds.

RotNM is focused on PvE content - desiring to end this tier near the top of progression alliance side and putting ourselves into a position to challenge horde for next tier -- we'll continue to have spontaneous group events to fight the horde and if an alliance finds itself in a fight with horde(s), we're most likely going to jump in if we're around.

I will be making a post in our Guild Information and Policies forum in the next few days to clarify some things since I'm still groggy this morning and my posts tend to be misinterpreted. Which reminds me, anyone kissing that ghost wolf last night is probably gonna get sick.
Reply Quote
I love Sneaky Bunnies! The group engagements we've had have been fun.

I'm a bit concerned about your eating habits though...
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 10:13 AMPosted by Cayreth
How do you RP pvp anyway...

So, I don't think anybody actually answered your question. RP doesn't necessarily mean that you type out a wall of text before every action. Roleplay is as simple as having a background story for your character and playing the game in a way that is consistent with that story.

In the context of pvp, this means that you may choose to (not) attack somebody based on how you think your character would act in that situation. For example, an Alliance player may adopt a "red is dead" policy because their character is angry with what happened at Theramore.

That's all there is to it, really.

EDIT: ...and yea, your name is dumb.

Ah, I really had no idea how that went, part of me assumed some crazy Ventrilo antics were going on or something :P

Moving forward with that idea, to quell any pondering on our "RP" intent, lets just assume the quote above for our pvp... then everyone wins.

As for the name, its an alt turned main... the alias humored me.
Same with the replies that were all bent out of shape, it really wasn't an attack on RP or anything, just my brash sense of humor.
Reply Quote
70 Gnome Warlock
12/04/2012 11:51 AMPosted by Beanburrito
Same with the replies that were all bent out of shape, it really wasn't an attack on RP or anything, just my brash sense of humor.

Yeah, c'mon guys: Don't call me a #*!@*!#!. I was being a #*!@*!#!... for comedy!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Saturns blood just tastes like Soy Milk.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
12/04/2012 11:51 AMPosted by Beanburrito
Ah, I really had no idea how that went, part of me assumed some crazy Ventrilo antics were going on or something :P

Vent ERP is certainly a perk.

12/04/2012 12:05 PMPosted by Omnilock
Yeah, c'mon guys: Don't call me a #*!@*!#!. I was being a #*!@*!#!... for comedy!

Well, I actually enjoyed how well-put his #35 was, even if it did come across a little diss-y. He's got a good writing style. His name still sucks, though; everybody knows steak burritos are better.
Edited by Cayreth on 12/4/2012 12:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
70 Gnome Warlock
12/04/2012 12:52 PMPosted by Cayreth
Well, I actually enjoyed how well-put his #35 was, even if it did come across a little diss-y. He's got a good writing style. His name still sucks, though; everybody knows steak burritos are better.

I'm not criticizing the content. I'm criticizing this annoying trend people have of saying offensive things for comedic purpose and then backing down afterwards when they get called on it. Saying "I wasn't trying to be rude, I was trying to be funny, but my sense of humor is rude" is a ridiculous copout. The intent was clearly to be rude.

You know who doesn't do that? Dennis Effing Leary, is who.

And Mr. Burrito is no Dennis Effing Leary.

Ain't nothing wrong with being rude. People just need to stop backing down afterwards.

Edit: As an addendum, there are two appropriate resolutions to saying something offensive and being called on it afterwards:

1. Stick to your guns. You said what you said for a reason.
B. Apologize, because you now know you were offensive.

Saying "You're wrong about what I said because I meant something different" or saying "I said something offensive but my intent was not to offend." is insane internet nonsense and only fit for theological discussions and playground arguments.
Edited by Omnilock on 12/4/2012 1:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
12/04/2012 01:08 PMPosted by Omnilock
The intent was clearly to be rude.

Yea, but the post was funny. At least to me (and, apparently, Saturn).

If it was just rude but not funny, then I completely agree: falling back on "I meant it as a joke" is a cop out.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
12/04/2012 07:58 AMPosted by Alibor
actually enforce RP rules.

Oh, believe me, they do.

(It was hilarious)

Insert obligatory bli$$ard joke about how he was just able to spend ten dollars and get it changed back the next day.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Yeah it def wasn't an RP name.

How about:

- Lazerpoultry
- Lazerturkey
- Lazer...

*has something whispered in his ear*

So Lazer was the problem? What about that 'Tallazer' guy? It seemed okay, then...

"tehlazers" was tahlisar's level one alt he used to talk to us in /horde, not a serious character.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]