best tank

86 Human Paladin
what class is currently the best tank now such as keeping aggro and staying alive the longest. Just getting back into wow so sorry if I sound like a complete noob
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The one you enjoy playing as the most.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
this question seems to be asked at least once a week..
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
More like once per day.
Reply Quote
66 Night Elf Druid
12/02/2012 04:31 PMPosted by Barfus

Yup, and it is in the healing forums as well.

It's just plain silly but these people just don't get it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Aren't Priests the worst healers all-around, though?
So if someone asks "What is the best healer" you can definitively say: Not priests.
Edited by Zionic on 12/3/2012 1:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
55 Gnome Death Knight
Aren't Priests the worst healers all-around, though?
So if someone asks "What is the best healer" you can definitively say: Not priests.

Depends on what you mean by 'all around'. If you mean in PvP? Not the best, but not quite as weak as Mistweavers, so no.

If you mean raids? Disc has gotten a lot of buffs since 5.0, and is now a dominant spec. Holy is mediocre, but not quite as bad as Resto... So no, not there either.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Some tanks are better at some fights and mechanics than others, but all in all it's pretty even actually. The best thing you can do is learn how to leverage your class's advantages.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
12/03/2012 12:45 AMPosted by Mitosis

Yup, and it is in the healing forums as well.

It's just plain silly but these people just don't get it.

In all fairness, it might be a new concept for some folks. WoW doesn't have the best track record for maintaining relative parity among tanks, and the OP did mention "just getting back into WoW."
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
personally and this really isnt the answer to the question, but Monks tanking in their dps gear (pretty much) and therefore can switch specs more easily, also due to this fact they pull more dps as tank than DK's at least this is true for our 10 man runs even before the monks gear level left me behind.

This is all of course not relevant. The first reply is the only relevant post. All the tanking styles are different and it really is all down to what you prefer.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/search?q=best+tank&f=post&forum=1033926
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I am still leveling up but most "COMMON" i have seen in dungeons would be Pally's, Warrior's, and DK's (half of the dk's sucked)
1 druid made it to first boss before QQ and rage quit, and a monk dc'd at the door and was replaced lol.

In my opinion the best tanks (and players) are the people that have been playing the class the longest. Don't get me wrong, I've seen some amazing druid and DK tanks but generally it comes down to who has been playing since vanilla and really knows the class.

P.S. Back in Cata i raid tanked with my brother who played a pally... very nice combo in my opinion.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/03/2012 06:49 AMPosted by Sevii
In my opinion the best tanks (and players) are the people that have been playing the class the longest. Don't get me wrong, I've seen some amazing druid and DK tanks but generally it comes down to who has been playing since vanilla and really knows the class.

... what?

warrior tanking nowadays has nothing to do with the way it was played back in vanilla or BC. Or are you telling me that warrior tank now is: spam sunder and use shield block/revenge on cd?

how exactly would the experience of: using holy shield and consecration on cooldown, and judging + re-seal (aka burning crusade pally tanking), help that person with managing holy power, or all the new fancy toys paladins have now etc etc etc ..

it's a whole other game =p
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight

warrior tanking nowadays has nothing to do with the way it was played back in vanilla or BC. Or are you telling me that warrior tank now is: spam sunder and use shield block/revenge on cd?

Warrior Single Target rotation: Use Shield Slam/Revenge on cd, spam Devastate (sunder), use Shield Block/Barrier as Rage permits; not really that different

how exactly would the experience of: using holy shield and consecration on cooldown, and judging + re-seal (aka burning crusade pally tanking), help that person with managing holy power, or all the new fancy toys paladins have now etc etc etc ..

Holy Shield is basically Shield of the Righteous without a damage component, you still consecrate and judge, they just added Crusader Strike/Hammer, not really that different either.

All the classes are built somewhat off of what was done before. You have a little bit of relearning to do but it's not like a Paladin cryogenically frozen during BC would have no idea how to tank any more (though it would be funny to watch them equip a spell power weapon).

Even if you do somehow consider the changes catastrophic, Sevil's point is that people who have played a warrior since vanilla and are still playing know tanking on a warrior in and out: they can roll with the punches when their class is updated and they're obviously committed to filling that role (since they've done it for 8 years). These people will always be the best tanks .
Reply Quote
66 Night Elf Druid

Warrior Single Target rotation: Use Shield Slam/Revenge on cd, spam Devastate (sunder), use Shield Block/Barrier as Rage permits; not really that different

Holy Shield is basically Shield of the Righteous without a damage component, you still consecrate and judge, they just added Crusader Strike/Hammer, not really that different either.

All the classes are built somewhat off of what was done before. You have a little bit of relearning to do but it's not like a Paladin cryogenically frozen during BC would have no idea how to tank any more (though it would be funny to watch them equip a spell power weapon).

Even if you do somehow consider the changes catastrophic, Sevil's point is that people who have played a warrior since vanilla and are still playing know tanking on a warrior in and out: they can roll with the punches when their class is updated and they're obviously committed to filling that role (since they've done it for 8 years). These people will always be the best tanks .

I totally agree. I would venture to say that goes for healers and dps as well. It's about filling the role and wanting to learn.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Brewmasters are currently the best tanks.
Reply Quote
You have to be more specific about your content goals. If you plan on leveling to 90 and doing 5-mans that is different than going on to heroics and then looking for raids (LFR) random 25-man raids and then regular raiding with a known crew or progression raiding.

What I find when leveling in 5-mans and random 5-man heroics is that the tank and healer can make or break the group. Even if they are undergeared, they can make up for it if they know their class, do their "rotations" correctly and manage cooldowns to get through the worst parts of an encounter. For the tank, you also have to handle positioning and your situational awareness is crucial, so there isn't much room for you having to look around on your action bars for a particular button...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
know your class, have the right stats, gems and enchants and every tank is equal. some may be slightly worse for some fights and better for others, but it's not crippling or anything so it doesn't matter.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]